Patience has run out in Pietrus' camp, Demands Trade.

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:17 am
Janny Hu, Chronicle Staff Writer

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Oakland -- Nobody's backing down in the Warriors' standoff with Mickael Pietrus as they approach the Feb. 21 trade deadline. Pietrus' agent, Bill McCandless, says that Golden State remains unreceptive to potential deals despite interest in his client from around the league.

"We quietly requested a trade prior to the first date on which he could be traded this season, and we've repeated this request many times," McCandless said. "There are several teams who would like to acquire Mike, and several offers have been made.

"We thought he was traded last week, but the trade was nixed at the 11th hour. Three days ago, Mike met with Chris (Mullin), and two days ago, Mike met with coach (Don) Nelson, both times repeating the trade request."

Problem is, Golden State has little incentive to make a deal it doesn't like, and its executives still view Pietrus as an important part of the team, if he can return to last season's level of play. Nelson has moved the 6-foot-6 forward, who has been playing out of position at power forward, back down to the 3-spot as Stephen Jackson's primary backup.

"Mike has been asked to play out of position for all of this season," McCandless added. "He does not want to play the 4 and the 5. Mike doesn't want to be a corner spot-up shooter for whom no offensive plays are run. He simply feels he can contribute much more on both ends of the floor for another team. He truly hopes to be traded tomorrow."

The Suns and Mavericks are among the teams said to be looking for help at the wing positions, and the Heat tried unsuccessfully to trade for Pietrus in the offseason.
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:22 am
I agree. I also demand his trade. 8)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:51 am
Bill McCandless wrote:He does not want to play the 4 and the 5. Mike doesn't want to be a corner spot-up shooter for whom no offensive plays are run.

In other words, he wants to play his own game to make himself look good... and not do what's best for the team.

I'd take picks for Mickael. Hell, I'd take straight cash for him. Get him off the roster. Getting Belinelli out of a suit and into a jersey is motivation enough for me. I'm tired of watching Pietrus travel, step out of bounds, jack up a corner 3-pointer everytime he gets his paws on the ball, and than turn around and complain about his role and playing time.

It goes hand-in-hand, Mickael. If you played well, you'd have a bigger role. You aren't being needlessly road-blocked, like Brandan Wright or Patrick O'Bryant. You are one of two players (Belinelli, being the other one) to litterally play yourself out of a role for this team. You were given ample playing time (read: 30 MPG) to show your stuff and you f'd up the team chemistry time and time again. You're an embarassment to the franchise that gets a lucky, 20 point game every month (like Dunleavy). Kindly, get the **** out of here and quit your constant bitching, "superstar".
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:42 am
TMC wrote:I agree. I also demand his trade. 8)

Took the word right out of my mouth, or keyboard...er...um, whatever :mrgreen:
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:07 pm
trade him tomarrow? **** that trade his monkey ass today i would take anybody on the suns roster or the mavs roster for that freaking bust!!!!
just get him outta here.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:39 pm
I would give him up for Kyle Lowry. Otherwise, I wouldn't trade him for any contracts that aren't expiring. We need all the financial room we can get.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:05 pm
Please, please, please!!! grant his request............... [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Cant believe there are takers for him...........LET THEM MAKE THE MISTAKE DAMN IT!!!
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:13 pm
JayPat wrote:I would give him up for Kyle Lowry. Otherwise, I wouldn't trade him for any contracts that aren't expiring. We need all the financial room we can get.

lowry would be great but i see pietrus being traded for somebody like devon george or somebody like that he can help us with his playoff experience we need some body like him then the warriors can trade
azu/o'bryant for lowry.

davis/lowry/watson
jackson/ellis/belli
harrington/barnes
webber/george/wright
biedrins/perovic
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:17 pm
I think you are missing the point. Pietrus would be traded for Lowry.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:30 pm
sleandres wrote:I think you are missing the point. Pietrus would be traded for Lowry.

straight up? hows that gonna work financialy grizz gotta give up another player on top of lowry to make it work.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:16 pm
mista240sx wrote:
sleandres wrote:I think you are missing the point. Pietrus would be traded for Lowry.

straight up? hows that gonna work financialy grizz gotta give up another player on top of lowry to make it work.

They are under the cap by about $3 mil

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3012~2173&teams=9~29&te=&cash=
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:56 pm
sleandres wrote:
mista240sx wrote:

They are under the cap by about $3 mil

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3012~2173&teams=9~29&te=&cash=

that would benefit us i guess for them too giving them a big guard and expiring contract top of that.... thanks for the info.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:50 pm
Pull the trigger on any trade. Pietrus has more than worn out his welcome here. Tired of his consistent mistakes.

No disrespect to Reginald, but I don't see how you can defend Pietrus and hate Jackson. I don't see Pietrus putting up 40 points and never giving up on this team when it looks like they're going to lose. And there's plenty more where that came from.

In other words, MP2... GTFO.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:11 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:No disrespect to Reginald, but I don't see how you can defend Pietrus and hate Jackson.

He has begun to see the error of his ways. :wink: He is beginning to like Jackson a little bit more and more every game, it seems. We just have to get him to see the truth about Mickael. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:31 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:No disrespect to Reginald, but I don't see how you can defend Pietrus and hate Jackson.

He has begun to see the error of his ways. :wink: He is beginning to like Jackson a little bit more and more every game, it seems. We just have to get him to see the truth about Mickael. :wink:

Gesh..it sounds like we're trying to get Reg to drink the punch. Come on in Reginald, the water is warm :drinking: :mrgreen:
Next

Return to News Articles