Game Thread: Phoenix Suns @ Warriors 2008-02-13

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Shaq make his apperance as a members of the Suns against the Warriors?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:00 pm

YES
43%
NO
57%

Total votes : 23

All Star
Poster Credit: 30
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:00 pm
Phoenix Suns (36-15) @ Golden State Warriors (31-20)

Start time 6:00 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Chris Webber
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Phoenix Suns
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Steve Nash
SG - Raja Bell
SF - Grant Hill
PF - Boris Diaw
C - Amare Stoudemire

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (21.7) | A. Stoudemire (23.1)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.9) | A. Stoudemire (9.4)
APG - B. Davis (8.0) | S. Nash (11.7)
SPG - B. Davis (2.5) | L. Barbosa (1.1)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.2) | A. Stoudemire (2.4)
Last edited by krome on Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:01 pm
Nah, I dont think Shaq will play for a while. It should be a great game, though. Should be really fun. :mrgreen:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:13 pm
shaq wont play till thursday. the suns wont let shaq make his debut on the starting end of a back to back. i think the warriors will win this. itll still be a running game, but the suns dont have marions defense anymore. hopefully baron comes out of his slump for this matchup. he usually does well against other good point guards.

warriors by 12
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 30
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:17 pm
The next few trips won't be easy: Suns, @Utah, and then Boston. If the Warriors can some how pull out a three game sweep here, it will be impressive.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:23 pm
krome wrote:The next few trips won't be easy: Suns, @Utah, and then Boston. If the Warriors can some how pull out a three game sweep here, it will be impressive.

a three-game sweep is out of question. let's say 2-1, being the first western teak to beat the celtics...
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:26 pm
The game is on 2/13, for those who are wondering. And I think we are dangerous against good teams. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:49 am
This would be a perfect game for us to pull out one of those "complete games" like we had in New Orleans or vs. the Bucks at Oracle. I really think the Warriors will need a good start against the Suns. I don't know if being down 23 is a great idea against this team. I look for Baron to have his biggest game in quite some time, Biedrins should play well against Phoenix as well.

I don't see Shaq's 1st game with the Suns being against a team that will make him look like an over-the-hill fat ass. I am sure the Suns management would love to see his first game be National, but I am sure they won't want to subject the nation to Shaq v. Run and gun...but we shall see

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:56 am
sleandres wrote:This would be a perfect game for us to pull out one of those "complete games" like we had in New Orleans or vs. the Bucks at Oracle. I really think the Warriors will need a good start against the Suns. I don't know if being down 23 is a great idea against this team. I look for Baron to have his biggest game in quite some time, Biedrins should play well against Phoenix as well.

I don't see Shaq's 1st game with the Suns being against a team that will make him look like an over-the-hill fat ass. I am sure the Suns management would love to see his first game be National, but I am sure they won't want to subject the nation to Shaq v. Run and gun...but we shall see

definitely agree with you there. the suns arent the type of team we can drop by 20 and then come back like we did tonight against the wizards. the suns have veteran guys that know how to close out games. a good start is important...or at least not dropping too far behind.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:43 am
I am going to this one - cannot wait...the Ws are capable of running the Suns off the floor after Marion has left, but can we PLEASE not start Webber? How many slow starts do we need before Nelson stops that? Let him get in game shape first...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:47 am
i have a feeling they will play shaq, to prove a point if anything................ we'll see

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:12 am
coltraning wrote:I am going to this one - cannot wait...the Ws are capable of running the Suns off the floor after Marion has left, but can we PLEASE not start Webber? How many slow starts do we need before Nelson stops that? Let him get in game shape first...

so youd rather put in webber long after warm ups when his legs are rusted and moves even slower?

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:48 am
EMan32 wrote:
coltraning wrote:I am going to this one - cannot wait...the Ws are capable of running the Suns off the floor after Marion has left, but can we PLEASE not start Webber? How many slow starts do we need before Nelson stops that? Let him get in game shape first...

so youd rather put in webber long after warm ups when his legs are rusted and moves even slower?

What about not putting him in at all???

I also think Shaq will play, although only for a few minutes and won't be a factor (sorta like Webber, not that I think of it).

Must be an interesting game, both to see how the Suns play without Marion (will be the first Suns game I watch since the trade) and how we perform against a good team.

Dubs by 4 in yet another game decided in the final minute.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:08 am
I'm picking this as the game Webber finally looks like a rotation player, and not a pudgy old man.

Against DC, CWebb definitely looked more spry running up and down the floor. Plus, that one-handed throw in (that didn't count) showed he can still finish. In 18 minutes, I predict Webber goes for 7 points (3-for-5, 1-2 from the line), 5 rebounds, 1 block, and 4 assists. 2 of the field goals will be top-of-the-key jumpers, the other one will be an And1 layup.

Dubs by 3 in a thriller.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:33 am
32 wrote:I'm picking this as the game Webber finally looks like a rotation player, and not a pudgy old man.

Against DC, CWebb definitely looked more spry running up and down the floor. Plus, that one-handed throw in (that didn't count) showed he can still finish. In 18 minutes, I predict Webber goes for 7 points (3-for-5, 1-2 from the line), 5 rebounds, 1 block, and 4 assists. 2 of the field goals will be top-of-the-key jumpers, the other one will be an And1 layup.

Dubs by 3 in a thriller.

What about the other free throw??? a missed tech? :mrgreen:
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:48 am
monta will go off again in this one, as Nash will most likely be guarding him...I doubt Nash will guard BD, most likely that will be Raja. I say the Dubz will come out and play well as they usually do vs. good teams and without Marion I think the Suns will lose, even if Shaq plays he won't have an impact as we will be dancing circles around him.

ps I hope we get Van Gundy as the color analyst...or Tolbert....those are the only two guys I can stand.
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
Next

Return to Game Threads