warriors/nuggets/artest

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:10 pm
ok bottom line is i dont wanna see artest go to the nuggets if that happens we can kiss our playoff hopes goodbye.... lets get artest.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/warriors/ci_8216744
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:34 pm
As much as his playing attributes are incredibly attractive................I just have a bad feeling about the "rest" of it.

Do you think Nellie might make him a captain? to keep him in check? :mrgreen:

It would be fun to have his defense and toughness..........but another inconsitent shooter...........?

Ohh I dont know, Id certainly rather take the risk than have him go to Denver.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:42 pm
A line caught my eye...

It's not like the Warriors' reputation is on the line. They can't lose respect they don't have.

:shock: And this guy is a Warriors fan?. I mean... for real?
Last edited by TMC on Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:54 pm
Ohh I dont know, Id certainly rather take the risk than have him go to Denver.

exactly
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:57 pm
TMC wrote:A line caught my eye...

It's not like the Warriors' reputation is on the line. They can't lose respect they don't have.

:shock: And this guys is a Warriors fan?. I mean... for real?

well if you you really think about it he has a point....it is what it is.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:11 pm
mista240sx wrote:well if you you really think about it he has a point....it is what it is.

It's the media respect what we don't have, but I'm pretty sure other teams are worried about playing against us. That's proof enough that this team is respected in the NBA.

We're not the Grizzlies, for god's sake... :wink:
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:50 pm
TMC wrote:
mista240sx wrote:well if you you really think about it he has a point....it is what it is.

It's the media respect what we don't have, but I'm pretty sure other teams are worried about playing against us. That's proof enough that this team is respected in the NBA.

We're not the Grizzlies, for god's sake... :wink:

i know that for sure but i know what you meant.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:10 am

Well he's right. THe league, coaches, officials...no one respects the Warriors, except us :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:05 am
sleandres wrote:

Well he's right. THe league, coaches, officials...no one respects the Warriors, except us :wink:

Then only 4 or 5 teams are respected in the whole NBA.

The problem are the star calls by the refs, but that's nothing against us. It's just that refs usually favor certain teams and/or players, but that affects... what? 4 or 5 teams and 7 or 8 players...

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:58 am
TMC wrote:Then only 4 or 5 teams are respected in the whole NBA.

The problem are the star calls by the refs, but that's nothing against us. It's just that refs usually favor certain teams and/or players, but that affects... what? 4 or 5 teams and 7 or 8 players...

almost every team has a player that will get the star call over us. even if they arent that big a star...they will get the call over us because we are the warriors. i'm sure youve seen that its been that way for some time now...probably since sprewell choked PJ. some guys are exaggerating a little, but its not like their exaggerations are too far out there.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:02 pm
EMan32 wrote:almost every team has a player that will get the star call over us. even if they arent that big a star...they will get the call over us because we are the warriors. i'm sure youve seen that its been that way for some time now...probably since sprewell choked PJ. some guys are exaggerating a little, but its not like their exaggerations are too far out there.

Well, might be, but I just think that's only due to the awful level of the refs, not something done purposely against us.

Maybe it's just me...
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:13 pm
TMC wrote:
EMan32 wrote:almost every team has a player that will get the star call over us. even if they arent that big a star...they will get the call over us because we are the warriors. i'm sure youve seen that its been that way for some time now...probably since sprewell choked PJ. some guys are exaggerating a little, but its not like their exaggerations are too far out there.

Well, might be, but I just think that's only due to the awful level of the refs, not something done purposely against us.

Maybe it's just me...

I don't think there's any secret that some of the refs don't care much for Nellie.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:11 pm
i was watching ric bucher on espn and looks like ron artest is going to denver for linas kleisa and others in a package deal.... man that sucks for us.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:39 pm
That would be terrible. Just plain terrible what ever happened to the rule don't trade within your conference? I think we need to take a page out of the fantasy leaguebook and enforce vetoing trades. All this crap is ridiculous.
DUBBBIN’ !
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:24 am
mista240sx wrote:i was watching ric bucher on espn and looks like ron artest is going to denver for linas kleisa and others in a package deal.... man that sucks for us.

Not happening. Denver is not trading Kleiza for him unless Artest promises to stay with the Nuggets (which he won't).

A much more likely trade would be Najera and a first for him (I've posted this in other thread already)
Next

Return to News Articles