What Do You Think The Warriors Record Will Be?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Playoffs?

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes : 15

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:57 am
He'll get 20 minutes a game, sure... Calbert Cheaney averages 17 minutes a game and we barely see him; I'm sure Ike will get at least 20 minutes. Minutes aren't the problem with Ike Diogu, it's the expectations. We need someone to sew up the hole we have in the middle and we're putting a huge portion of that problem on Ike's shoulders.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:02 am
If Murphy gets 35 mins a game, Foyle 20 mins and Biedrins an increase, so about 20 mins, then that will not give much more than 20 mins to Diogu. Guys like Taft need to be given time at the PF and center spots as well

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:06 am
I'm guessing that Murphy's backup will be Diogu. Foyle's backup will be Biedrins. Sure, Chris Taft and Zarko will get their chances, too... but Diogu will get a fair share of minutes as a backup who can play the 4 or 5.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:14 am
It's Diogu's combination of offense and defense that makes him superior to perhaps everyother big guy on the warriors. Biedrins has shown that he has both as well and Taft may also have both talents but Diogu might be the one to get the most court time this season of all three

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:14 am
I agree with that. Ike's a more valued player for now than Biedrins or Taft.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:20 am
If he can really block a serious amount of shots, Mullin will want himgetting serious court time. The defensive side is really an importance and Diogu and Pietrus are leading the way, along with Foyle. If the Warriors can focus a bit more on that, which it looks like they are, they will be better sooner

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:20 am
I loved the Diogu pick. Before the draft I wanted the Warriors to pick him (or Warrick if he wasn't available), and I also think he'll be a star. He's quickly becoming my favorite Warrior (hell, even more than Baron).

But yeah, Monty better go slowly with him. Let him backup Murphy this season and learn the game. He'll have his chance to shine sooner than later.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:35 am
TMC wrote:I loved the Diogu pick. Before the draft I wanted the Warriors to pick him (or Warrick if he wasn't available), and I also think he'll be a star. He's quickly becoming my favorite Warrior (hell, even more than Baron).

Whoa, dude, that's what I'm talking about when it comes to expectations! Ike hasn't even played a preseason game for the Warriors and already he's some people's favorite player!

And I'd love to see the Warriors just listen to Mario Elie and become better at defense as a whole. People act like we need "defensive players"... I disagree. I just think our team needs to learn how to play defense. Obviously, Mike Dunleavy's not built for defense... but how great would the team be if Murphy averaged a block and a steal a game, or if Baron and Foyle got on the NBA Defensive 2nd or 3rd teams... if our current players learned to play some defense, our team would be perfect!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:42 am
Every athlete can be a great defensive player. Baron, JRich and guys like Taft and Biedrins can become very good defensive players if they work at it

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:43 am
That's what I'm hoping... is that our athletic players earn some defensive stripes... our team would be totally fixed... accept for the rebounding, but that comes with desire (and we'll have plenty of that next season).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:58 am
migya wrote:Every athlete can be a great defensive player.

No, Korver is an awful defender, but he tries hard, and that helps masking his flaws. Obviously, he does other things good enough (shooting) to earn his minutes.

Although it's debatable that Korver it's an athlete...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:33 pm
He is no athlete

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:18 am
Kyle Korver is far from my definition of "athletic" when it comes to the NBA...

But, my God, what a jump shot!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:19 am
If he's capable of getting 6 rebounds, then maybe he is not that bad. Just has to spot up and shot because Iverson does so much with the ball

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:20 pm
on this site i see much more love for an unproven entity who's had a rough training camp in Ike than Mike D who's having a great preseason. I guess its easy to root for the unknown. Ike could be the next brand but he could also be the next corlis williamson. Obviously, I hope that he's great, but why he'd be more essential the Biedrins or the favorite warrior baffles me.
11 years of no playoffs and counting...
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball