Warriors interested in Villanueva

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:12 pm
Just an article I found confirming our thoughts about Villanueva:

The impressive rookie season of Yi Jianlian means the Milwaukee Bucks can get rid of one of their many forwards. Bobby Simmons ($9.2 million this season; $20.4 for the two seasons after that) is way overpaid. Desmond Mason is injured and his production was on the decline even before he went on the shelf (averaging 8.0 points per game, his lowest since his rookie season).

That leaves Charlie Villanueva, who at 6-foot-11, 232 pounds, is productive (9.4 points, 4.8 rebounds in 20.1 minutes) and inexpensive ($2.7 million this year, $3.4 million next year). Don't be surprised if the Golden State Warriors are interested.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:12 pm
I dont care what anyone says...........Charlie would fit in here and finally show his potential, having played in systems that dont suite him and under coaches who dont/wont/cant exploit his talents.

If we got him for Pietrus and junk..............then I may know why Webber came here..........TO WIN A TITLE!!! :mrgreen:

Please god, ohh sorry I mean Mully, make this happen! [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:05 pm
I would like to have him, especially if we trade "AIR" France
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:20 am
Whatever gets Pietrus outta here, I'm good.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:52 am
Make it happen Mullie 8)
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:54 pm
im hella down for charlie. i too think he would be great on the w's. he'd add a really skilled big player like what nelson molded into dirk nowitski.

this is how stars are born ladies and gentlemen. villanueva on a don nelson team is going to explode on the scene. no more air france, how bout air charlie!

by the way, i'm not comparing charlie to dirk, im just psychodelically illustrating what nellie can do with a skilled big man.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:30 pm
how many Charlie V threads are we gonna have???
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:46 pm
EMan32 wrote:how many Charlie V threads are we gonna have???

They may keep popping up until we trade Pietrus :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:49 pm

To my credit, I was the one who posted the first official Charlie V news report. :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:36 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

To my credit, I was the one who posted the first official Charlie V news report. :wink:

ok but theres a bunch of charlie v threads in the trade section. whether this is a news article or not, couldnt you have just posted it in one of those threads? i swear these are getting to be like dareedle's posts
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:22 pm
EMan32 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

i swear these are getting to be like dareedle's posts

Are you refering to my posts or these trade things in general?

I posted this five days ago. I wanted it to be seperate because it was no longer speculation, but written proof. I know I could have put it in there, and probably should have, but I wanted you guys to get a chance to see it.

If one of the mods wants to move it to somewhere else, that is fine. :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:19 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I posted this five days ago. I wanted it to be seperate because it was no longer speculation, but written proof.

Until one of the teams, or the agent of one of the players involved, talks openly about it, it's all speculation. We're not the only ones that speculate with trades. Some journalists also do.

Actually, it's an easy way out of a dull day with no news to talk about...

sfsfsfgiants wrote:If one of the mods wants to move it to somewhere else, that is fine. :wink:

Nah, that won't be necessary. If I do that, I'm sure somebody else will create another "let's trade for Villa" thread... :wink:

Return to News Articles