Suns
13%
Warriors
88%

Total votes : 8

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:30 am
You all just complain complain complain. Mike D sucks he should be traded, oh mike D is good but was not motivated, he is in a contract year so don't expect this from him later. blah blah blah.

For your information this guy is one of the hardest workers from day one on this team. After he gets his contract he will still keep on working hard.

Everybody wants him to be instantly aggressive in his pro debut but remember he came from a team that played with a team concept and would differ to the open shots. I for one hope he never gets selfish or what you all call aggressive. He will find his way in the NBA and will be a very solid player. My biggest concern is his streaky shot, but it is better then Pietrus.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:35 am
Lordsofacid - Do you think Mike Dunleavy jr has had a good nba career up until now?

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:47 am
Good, yes. Great, no. Has he worked hard to better himself for the NBA, yes. Has he lived up to a #3 lottery pick, no, but is that his fault where he was drafted? Also with so many players comming to the NBA at an early age the expectations should not be the same as they were 15 years ago.
therefore maybe he has.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:17 am
Earl Boykins has had a better NBA career than Dunleavy. That's enough to say Dunleavy hasn't had a good career.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:19 am
Under 10 points and low averages in all other categories a game is not a good career! If so, then so many players in the nba have had good careers. More should be produced by Dunleavy and his lackluster plays makes him look like he does not try hard and that others on the team try harder and have more desire than him.

Jrich and Murphy, for example, were fairly high picks and have performed as expected and at a very good level. Dunleavy has not.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:20 am
TMC wrote:Earl Boykins has had a better NBA career than Dunleavy. That's enough to say Dunleavy hasn't had a good career.

But Earl Boykins can be seen as a vital part of the Nuggets because he is an energizer and steps up frequently at the end of games

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:23 am
I dunno if I buy that he's one of "the hardest workers on the Warriors" and "always has been"... hard work doesn't go without results. If he was working harder than most other people, he would improve more than they are (which, he's not).

I'm not hating on Mike by expecting him to play well in a contract year. Hell, I even said he'd probably keep playing well after he got his money. But lets not make up false qualities about a guy who hasn't really done much for the team so far. Just because you have a soft spot for him doesn't make him a good player.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:07 pm
migya wrote: Dunleavy and his lackluster plays makes him look like he does not try hard and that others on the team try harder and have more desire than him.

Well, Migya I guess you have noticed this in the four tapes your friend made for you. That is just not accurate.

Also, I certainly do not have a soft spot for him. But he is the type of player that tries to fit in a game were he is needed. That is why it seems like he disappears in games because he differs to his teammates. He does not have that selfish attitude were he feels he needs to take over a game. This is probably because of the style of basketball he was taught. His dad then going to Duke. That might be the biggest part of his game he needs to work on. To be more selfish.

But whatever, I just hope he keeps getting better.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:18 pm
I did see that in the games I've watched, as well as the many highlights of games and the many articles I have read stating that dunleavy looked lazy again.

Maybe he does need to take it himself more, but only if he can be effective otherwise he will more of a negative to the team

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:13 am
Well, everybody's got their opinion. I believe that thr 4th year is when a player really explodes and becomes as good as he's going to be in his career, most often... that being said, I think Dunleavy will have a great year (not just for the contract, but also for the maturity involved).

But to say he's been a good player so far is far from true. Mike Dunleavy hasn't showed the Warriors fans anything, aside from a few short flashes of brilliance. I'm a hopeful that wants those "flashes" to become more reoccuring, but I certainly don't think he's earned any sort of praise just yet.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:03 am
I hope he gets good all the time of course! I/m just not confident he will after what he has done the last 3 years and i won't be a believer in him until he proves he is something

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:37 am
It's up to him, he has the talent to do it. And the chance, as he's the (maybe undeserved) starter.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:04 am
Like I said - I hope he plays well

Until I see it I won't be a believer

Previous

Return to Game Threads