YES
14%
NO
86%

Total votes : 7

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:48 pm
I just found this, talking about the Warriors talented young players, and how they would be enough to bring Kidd back to the Bay. I know that it isnt something that is set in stone by any stretch of the imagination, but it is something to keep in mind.

New Jersey Nets point guard Jason Kidd recently told friends that the Dallas Mavericks are his No. 1 choice for relocation. However, the Phoenix Suns and Denver Nuggets reportedly have some interest, while the Golden State Warriors have the kind of pieces that might compel the Nets to send Kidd back to his Bay Area roots.

Nets sources said nothing is imminent, while admitting that moving Kidd and his large salary ($19 million this season and $21 mil next year) for a package of young players and draft picks will not be easy.

The Mavs have been unwilling to trade the player the Nets want, Josh Howard, meaning that a third team might have to be part of a deal that would return Kidd to the team that drafted him in 1994.

I just cant imagine us doing anything. Our team is pretty set, we dont have the pieces to move for a twenty million dollar salary, and we just dont need him. I truly hope this is more of something to be talked about than something that actually happens.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:47 am
Am I dreaming or is this same topic, from the same source, being discussed on other thread?

sfsfsfgiants wrote:I just cant imagine us doing anything. Our team is pretty set, we dont have the pieces to move for a twenty million dollar salary, and we just dont need him. I truly hope this is more of something to be talked about than something that actually happens.

You said it all, buddy. Big contract, old player, improves the team, but not on a position of need... I see no reason to make this trade. It would improve us for 2 or 3 years, but we'd be much worse for the future. And we already have a top PG.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:39 am
:shock: Is it.....? My bad.... I didnt know that that guy had a source. You can delete this if you want. :oops:

*EDITED* If you are referring to Miggys, it has some of the same things, but his doesnt include the Warriors at all. It just talks about Josh Howard.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:04 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:*EDITED* If you are referring to Miggys, it has some of the same things, but his doesnt include the Warriors at all. It just talks about Josh Howard.

I'm just saying that I read that in another thread... but I don't remember which one right now.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:10 pm
It would be cool to have Kidd in a Warriors uni, just like I always wanted Eric Byrnes in a Giants uni. But in the case of Jason Kidd, simply the idea being cool is not good enough. No reason to make this happen as Kidd is too old, not necessary on this team, and we would have to dismantle the team we have now to make it happen.

Sorry to sound redundant as others have mentioned this, but I fell it can't be mentioned enough...DON'T DO IT!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:40 am
Ah, the yearly "Jason-Kidd-to-the-Bay" rumors. I thought we'd finally make it one season without them.

Jason Kidd will never play for the Warriors. Bay Area fans, who followed him at Cal, need to stop writing fake articles with controversial rumors that never had any chance of coming true. Kidd is a local boy, but he'll never play in the Bay.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to News Articles