Good bye, Pedro Feliz!

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:51 pm
dubsfan1 wrote:
32 wrote:I can see Rowand hitting .290, with 14 HRs and 80-something RBI's. Not terrible, but definitely not worth the money we gave him.

i see the same..but maybe a little more HRs

but i see Pfeliz going

.275 35 HRs 102 RBIs in the hitter
friendly Citizens Bank Park

-

He won't hit 35 HR, he can only hit a fastball. Although the homers are probably more likely than hitting .275.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:55 pm
In a hitter-friendly park, I see him going for .260 with 25 to 30 homers.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:09 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:In a hitter-friendly park, I see him going for .260 with 25 to 30 homers.

In a hitter friendly park, I actually expect his average to go down. He always has and always will try to hit the cover off the ball...he will fly out a ton!

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:55 pm
im sorry hitting at a different park isnt going to change a hitter from stepping in the bucket, getting out in front on every offspeed pitch and pulling it to third base or shortstop for a double play. sure those warning track fly balls will leave the yard for what, like 5 more homers? ok... he's still a terrible hitter and i dont remember him getting "robbed" very often when he made outs...
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:19 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:im sorry hitting at a different park isnt going to change a hitter from stepping in the bucket, getting out in front on every offspeed pitch and pulling it to third base or shortstop for a double play. sure those warning track fly balls will leave the yard for what, like 5 more homers? ok... he's still a terrible hitter and i dont remember him getting "robbed" very often when he made outs...

I think over a 160-something game season, where 80 of his games are played in a batter-friendly park, amounting to around 240 ABs at home, Pedro is gonna knock more than 5 HRs out. He was chopping in Frisco, but now he'll be swinging for the fences cause he can ride his power. Watch Feliz to look like a slightly worse version of Adam Dunn next year. Big power, 30 HRs, but a really sh*tty average.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:33 am
32 wrote:
ChronicallyInclined wrote:im sorry hitting at a different park isnt going to change a hitter from stepping in the bucket, getting out in front on every offspeed pitch and pulling it to third base or shortstop for a double play. sure those warning track fly balls will leave the yard for what, like 5 more homers? ok... he's still a terrible hitter and i dont remember him getting "robbed" very often when he made outs...

I think over a 160-something game season, where 80 of his games are played in a batter-friendly park, amounting to around 240 ABs at home, Pedro is gonna knock more than 5 HRs out. He was chopping in Frisco, but now he'll be swinging for the fences cause he can ride his power. Watch Feliz to look like a slightly worse version of Adam Dunn next year. Big power, 30 HRs, but a really sh*tty average.

He's never hit more than 22 in his career, but I could see him hitting 30. With that said, only Howard hit a ton of HRs last year (47). Burrell and Rollins both hit 30 and Rowand hit 27.

Interestingly, Howard hit one more HR on the road than at home; Burrell hit two more at home than the road (16 home 14 away); Rollins hit far better at home (18 home 12 away); Rowand also hit far better at home (17 home 10 away).

There is also the issue of the mind-screw for guys with power coming to HR friendly parks. As a poster said earlier, he may pop up a ton this year as he gets used to his new digs.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:13 pm
I think we can all agree that Feliz has more power than Rowand. If Aaron knocked 27, I can see Pedro hitting 30.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:47 pm
32 wrote:I think we can all agree that Feliz has more power than Rowand. If Aaron knocked 27, I can see Pedro hitting 30.

Yes, I'd say he has more power. Without watching the Phillies play, I wonder if that stadium benefits guys with medium power (like Rowand and Rollins) more than guys with big power like Howard. You'd figure Howard would have had a field day, but he had the same numbers at home and away.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Feliz hit 30 HR and knock in 100 runs if he's batting right after the rest of the Phillies offensive studs. Even if that happens, I won't begrudge the Giants for letting him go because he was NOT going to go 30x100 in San Francisco.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:34 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:Even if that happens, I won't begrudge the Giants for letting him go because he was NOT going to go 30x100 in San Francisco.

Though I am doubting it will happen...your point is exactly right. We already knew what Pedro was...he was not going to get any better. Thats why we are better off with Frandsen playing.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:46 pm
I agree. I'm saying his stats will be insanely inflated next year.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:05 pm
32 wrote:I agree. I'm saying his stats will be insanely inflated next year.

Yeah, I followed you, I was just exploring the topic since I hadn't really considered how his numbers would change next year. If I was Feliz I'd try to play for teams like the Phillies for the rest of my career so my stats would stay high (and thus, so would the year-to-year contract).

Frandsen really needs to get 600 ABs next year. The Giants are in major need of young, everyday starters and I think he's the closest we've got. Sure, we have some OF talent, but we also have three vets who are likely going to get the playing time this season. Nothing is standing in Frandsen's way.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Previous

Return to Sports Board