Warriors
88%

Total votes : 8

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:32 am
TMC wrote:
HelloNewman100 wrote:that's called

gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money, gimme mo money

and give it to me NOW.

with my mind on my money and my money on my mind [/horrible snoop impersonation]

This shows that he can do it when he feels like it. He has the talent and seems like this year he'll have the will.

I give full credit for Mike Dunleavy Jr. for a GREAT performance!!!!!

HOWEVER

Helloman and TMC are right on the money yet again (my nonblind brothers)! This guy didn't just wake up now for anything else but the new contract! If he plays this way all year - Mullin should give him some performance based contract (if that is allowed) and then we can things from there. If Dunleavy averages over 16pts, 5asts, 6rebs, decent shooting percentages all over and is a genuine part to the warriors success, then he should be given a contract around 7 - 8 million a year! IF IT LOOKS REAL!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:39 am
Look, contract aside, Mike Dunleavy played an excellent game. It's like I've always believed; the guy has the talent, but he's just not using it. I think that he played at an all-star level tonight (I know, never thought I'd say that). In all truth, I've never seen Mike Dunleavy play like this (and, sadly, I couldn't even really see it... I had to watch on the box-score animation thing... it sucked!). Junior earned back some respect tonight, regardless of a few people bringing up his contract.

Did he do it for the money? Yeah, big time.
At the moment, does it matter? Hell no. You played great, Junior.

Come the end of the year, if this becomes more than just an out-of-nowhere explosion once a month or two, then I'd say he's worth the money. Mike looks like he's finally gotten better. We say we don't wanna lose Biedrins or Pietrus, and thats true, but we also don't wanna lose Mike Dunleavy if he's gonna end up playing like this...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:09 am
Player32 wrote:Look, contract aside, Mike Dunleavy played an excellent game. It's like I've always believed; the guy has the talent, but he's just not using it. I think that he played at an all-star level tonight (I know, never thought I'd say that). In all truth, I've never seen Mike Dunleavy play like this (and, sadly, I couldn't even really see it... I had to watch on the box-score animation thing... it sucked!). Junior earned back some respect tonight, regardless of a few people bringing up his contract.

Did he do it for the money? Yeah, big time.
At the moment, does it matter? Hell no. You played great, Junior.

Come the end of the year, if this becomes more than just an out-of-nowhere explosion once a month or two, then I'd say he's worth the money. Mike looks like he's finally gotten better. We say we don't wanna lose Biedrins or Pietrus, and thats true, but we also don't wanna lose Mike Dunleavy if he's gonna end up playing like this...

=D>

I couldn't have said it better.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:45 am
couldn't it juss be that the guys improving. watching the game first hand the way the ball was swinging around someone was bound to expode. thats the great thing about this team, it can be a number of people at any given night. and if we get it outta 2 different people look out!!!!!
i dont believe its all about the money. i mean the guy does come from a family with money. juss look at the way he played at the end of the year -was that becuz he had a contract year coming up? i dont think so... also right now he means way more to the team then Biendris and Pietrus. from watching 3 preseason games so far those 2 have done absolutley nothing... Play of the night last night was a huge rejection from mike d by the way.... :mrgreen: GO WARRIORS!!
One F'ing year and thats it. F*ck!
http://www.myspace.com/djheebee
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:58 am
CouldItBTheChad wrote:couldn't it juss be that the guys improving.

Could be, maybe is not all about the money. But I don't think so. If it is, I'll be happy to be proven an idiot.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:02 am
CouldItBTheChad wrote:couldn't it juss be that the guys improving. watching the game first hand the way the ball was swinging around someone was bound to expode. thats the great thing about this team, it can be a number of people at any given night. and if we get it outta 2 different people look out!!!!!
i dont believe its all about the money. i mean the guy does come from a family with money. juss look at the way he played at the end of the year -was that becuz he had a contract year coming up? i dont think so... also right now he means way more to the team then Biendris and Pietrus. from watching 3 preseason games so far those 2 have done absolutley nothing... Play of the night last night was a huge rejection from mike d by the way.... :mrgreen: GO WARRIORS!!

Great points, all valid. I dunno if I can disagree with you. You sound totally right.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:43 am
Im hyped, I know its pre season and the Suns with out Amare, but Mike D with 30 (playing up to his potential) and both Baron and Murph with double doubles. Cant wait till reg. season.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:11 am
coulditbthechad you are on point :!: It is ridicoulous to say oh dunleavy's game is evolving now because his contract situation, it is common for a player to emerge around that time especially one who physically needs to develope which he is still doing :!: quit the hating ,go warriors
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:27 am
Yeah, zshook, I'm stoked, too, man! This is gonna be an awesome year! Imagine if Mike plays like this during the season... how great would it be to end up with a surprise star to go along with Baron and Jason?!? I'm totally high on this season

And broe makes very solid points. Mike's coming into his 4th year as a player. Year 4 is what turned JRich from an above average player into a star... it's the year Murphy 15 points to go with 10 boards... it was Adonal Foyle's CAREER season (highs in blocks, rebounds, and points). Year 4 is a very normal time for players to get a whole lot better. I wouldn't be surprised if Mike averaged 16 or 17 points next season...

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:42 pm
for once - we're all right. he is getting better and it is about the $ (when is it not?).
but - if it translates to warriors wins this is one old timer warriors fan who will happily take it.
He won't do this consistently, but even if he gets 15-18 pts, 6-8 brds, and three or four assists I say he's worth the $. Players in the NBA are overpaid. period.
Will we lose Pietrus of Biedrins down the road? Does it matter? In this league things change fast - its all about getting to the playoffs year in and year out and trying to continue to improve WHILE staying in the playoffs. Just ask teams like Dallas or Indiana - always make the playoffs but has had major squad changes.
Lets worry about losing players after we make the playoffs!
11 years of no playoffs and counting...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:28 pm
You're right, sleepyfloyd... Who cares WHY Mike's motivated as long as he's motivated... it can only help the Warriors in the long run.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:41 pm
Player32 wrote:You're right, sleepyfloyd... Who cares WHY Mike's motivated as long as he's motivated... it can only help the Warriors in the long run.

Well it sill matters, after he gets paid he will revert back to his non-agressive style.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:52 pm
If the team's a playoff team, what would the point of that be?

Everyone wants to win. You'll never find a player in the NBA who couldn't care either way. Deep down, everyone would rather win than lose. I think the reason players just sit back and stop playing after they get paid is because they know they're on a losing team, so why try your hardest in a futile effort? If the Warriors make the playoffs (or damn near make it), there's no reason for Mike to half ass anything...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:58 am
Player32 wrote:I think the reason players just sit back and stop playing after they get paid is because they know they're on a losing team, so why try your hardest in a futile effort?

But that only happens because their contracs are guaranteed. The NBA should have the same contracts the NFL has. If you don't perform at the level you're expected, if you become to expensive for your team, you get cut.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:28 am
Time will tell.........

migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads