Leon Powe's Career Game

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1563
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Modesto, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:17 pm
I knew a lot of people would like to see this noted. Oakland's own Leon Powe set a career high with 25 pts, on 9/13 shooting and 7/9 from the line, and added 11 rebounds and 1 assist in 36 minutes off the bench.

A great job by Powe to take advantage of huge minutes off the bench in a game without Garnett or Allen. Just thought this would be worth mentioning, way to represent the Bay Area!
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:21 am
Great to see Powe doin' work. He's done real well as a role player off the bench of Boston.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:22 am
That's what a second rounder is expected to do. Wait for your chance and seize it.

Of course, it's easier said than done, but Powe was productive in high school. That's the kind of player a NBA team needs for its bench.

All Star
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:05 am
Location: Berkeley
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:34 am
:D Good for the young Man..

When Powe was in college he ran the scoreboard for my job's annual B Ball tourney I play in & organize.. Nice Dude.
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1266
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Alameda
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:08 pm
The Big 3 now equal KG, Pierce, and Powe.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1563
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Modesto, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:02 pm
Thunder wrote:The Big 3 now equal KG, Pierce, and Powe.


:mrgreen: that might be pushing it a bit. I will be very interested to see what he can continue to do if KG misses any more time.

Rookie
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:39 pm
GO POWE!!!!!!! FUKC BOSTON!!!!!!!!
Never hesitate to dunk on a mofo.
-rsl

All Star
Posts: 1128
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:06 am
Location: East Bay
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:01 pm
i remember how disapointed i was when the warriors took perovic at 38, and powe didnt even go until 49. i mean c'mon.. he's first round talent but had an injury... now look at him, and perovic who i still have hopes for, well, he has played in 1 game..
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:38 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:i remember how disapointed i was when the warriors took perovic at 38, and powe didnt even go until 49. i mean c'mon.. he's first round talent but had an injury... now look at him, and perovic who i still have hopes for, well, he has played in 1 game..


I don't know if he was first round worthy. Injury concerns are a big part of a player's draft status, and can determine which kind of career he may have.

I mean, look at Chris Taft... Talent was never in question, but there were other reasons to be worried about. Same happened with Powe.

With that said, I found pretty ridiculous the move of drafting Kosta above Powe...
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1563
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Modesto, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:36 am
I forgot to post this earlier...Leon Powe has now made his 1st 2 starts of the season. 18 pts 8 reb v. NYK tonight and 16 pts 9 reb yesterday @ IND. He may not be KG, but pretty good numbers none-the-less!
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:51 am
Thinking about Leon Powe reminds me of a story from High School. Leon went to Oakland Tech. We (my HS team) played an out of conference game against Oakland Tech (WAY before Powe was there) my senior year. For some reason (can't remember now) we did not have a bus for that game so we (the players) drove ourselves.

I was in the car with 3 other starters (I played point, and I was with our 3,4,and 5). Our car broke down in a bad part of Oaktown about 3 miles from Tech. This was in the day before cell phones. After trying to get the car started for awhile and being unsuccesfull, we found finally found a working phone booth and was able to get ahole of our assistant coach who came picked us up.

We ended up getting to the game, getting dressed and to the bench with 5 min left in the game. We were HUGE underdogs but yet our bench somehow managed to hold a 14pt lead with 5 min left. The coach called timeout and got us into the game.

Well, we managed to blow the 14pt lead and lost by 5. JUST TERRIBLE!!! In retrospect, our coach never should have put us into the game. Our bench worked their ass off to build this lead then we come running into the gym and BLOW IT! Not the fondest memory.

Anyway, back on topic, I am glad to see Powe playing well. Seems like a pretty decent dude.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:44 am
badabing8888 wrote:Thinking about Leon Powe reminds me of a story from High School. Leon went to Oakland Tech. We (my HS team) played an out of conference game against Oakland Tech (WAY before Powe was there) my senior year. For some reason (can't remember now) we did not have a bus for that game so we (the players) drove ourselves.

I was in the car with 3 other starters (I played point, and I was with our 3,4,and 5). Our car broke down in a bad part of Oaktown about 3 miles from Tech. This was in the day before cell phones. After trying to get the car started for awhile and being unsuccesfull, we found finally found a working phone booth and was able to get ahole of our assistant coach who came picked us up.

We ended up getting to the game, getting dressed and to the bench with 5 min left in the game. We were HUGE underdogs but yet our bench somehow managed to hold a 14pt lead with 5 min left. The coach called timeout and got us into the game.

Well, we managed to blow the 14pt lead and lost by 5. JUST TERRIBLE!!! In retrospect, our coach never should have put us into the game. Our bench worked their ass off to build this lead then we come running into the gym and BLOW IT! Not the fondest memory.



Cool story... for the other team, that is. Imagine those guys telling the story of how they were losing by 14 points against a bunch of scrubs of a lesser team and when the starters came back into the game, they were able to recover from that deficit and finally win the game. :mrgreen:

badabing8888 wrote:Anyway, back on topic, I am glad to see Powe playing well. Seems like a pretty decent dude.


Yeah... I still can't believe we picked Kosta instead of him. :banghead:

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests