Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:21 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
sleandres wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
sleandres wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:The thing that surprised me the most was the lack of good prospects they got in return. The best pitcher in the league, and you dont even get the incoming team's best prospect? Their best prospect is Fernando Martinez, by the way. I would be pissed if I was a Twins fan.

Yeah...well they screwed the hell out of Sabes (FRANCISCO LIRIANO, BOOF BONSER and JOE NATHAN for a piece of ****!) but yeah...tough break for Twinkies fans!

I've been trying to forget that day.... you just brought up bad memories. :mrgreen:

sorry...but if I have to remember that, so do you :mrgreen:

It seems every time we make a trade, we get raped on it.

Accardo------> Chulk and Hillenbrand
Pierzynski-----> Bonser, Liriano, Nathan
Jerome Williams-----> LaTroy Hawkins

:|

Totally, Sabes seemed to have lost his touch after that Schimdt trade. Everything after that has been complete crap!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:23 pm
sleandres wrote:Totally, Sabes seemed to have lost his touch after that Schimdt trade. Everything after that has been complete crap!

But what a great trade that Schmidt trade was! Wow... Looking back...

If I remember right it was:

We get:
John Vanderwall
Jason Schmidt

They get:
Armando Rios (I loved him, for some reason)
Solomon Torres (The second coming. :roll: )
Ryan Vogelsong (I liked him, as well)

I was actually mad originally. I loved Vogelson and idolized Rios. Dont ask me why. I just did. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:28 pm
Since were on the topic of the Pirates, I guess you could argue that Sabean being able to pawn off Morris' horrid salary was a decent move as well
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:30 pm
I forgot all about that. That was only like six months ago, too. :shock:

Not only were they able to move his nasty looking contract, but they were able to steal a good, young, talented player in Rajai. Too bad they wont play him. Wanna bet he doesnt make the team this year? Sad but possibly true. :|
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:03 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I forgot all about that. That was only like six months ago, too. :shock:

Not only were they able to move his nasty looking contract, but they were able to steal a good, young, talented player in Rajai. Too bad they wont play him. Wanna bet he doesnt make the team this year? Sad but possibly true. :|

Well it will be between he, Freddy, Schierholtz for two spots...oh, I forgot about the non-roster invites too.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:10 pm
The Mets still don't have any great middle relievers. They'll win the division but it won't be over by July (unless Brad Lidge does his Brad Lidge impersonation).

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:50 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
sleandres wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
sleandres wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:The thing that surprised me the most was the lack of good prospects they got in return. The best pitcher in the league, and you dont even get the incoming team's best prospect? Their best prospect is Fernando Martinez, by the way. I would be pissed if I was a Twins fan.

Yeah...well they screwed the hell out of Sabes (FRANCISCO LIRIANO, BOOF BONSER and JOE NATHAN for a piece of ****!) but yeah...tough break for Twinkies fans!

I've been trying to forget that day.... you just brought up bad memories. :mrgreen:

I don't mind the Jerome Williams trade. The Accardo deal turned out to be pretty damn lame.

The Bonsor, Liriano and Nathan trade never happened. I refuse to believe it. May it never be mentioned on this forum ever, ever again. It didn't happen.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
sleandres wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
sleandres wrote:

I don't mind the Jerome Williams trade. The Accardo deal turned out to be pretty damn lame.

The Bonsor, Liriano and Nathan trade never happened. I refuse to believe it. May it never be mentioned on this forum ever, ever again. It didn't happen.

Sorry Bro...but this is a group healing session :( ----> :banghead: ---> :drinking: ---> :mrgreen:
Previous

Return to Sports Board