Mets trade for Johan Santana

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:16 pm
The Dodgers have really dropped the ball and allowed the Mets to establish themselves as the best in the National League. It'll be interesting to see what NY does next year.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:26 pm
Good God, they got SANTANA, too????

Wow. Hard to see any NL team stopping the Mets next year.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:51 pm
Wow, kind of surprises me. I didnt think they would have traded him. Hmm... :|
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:18 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Wow, kind of surprises me. I didnt think they would have traded him. Hmm... :|

He's too expensive. Notice they signed their two best offensive guys and THEN let him go. He may be a $25 million guy on the open market. We'll see.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:33 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Wow, kind of surprises me. I didnt think they would have traded him. Hmm... :|

He's too expensive. Notice they signed their two best offensive guys and THEN let him go. He may be a $25 million guy on the open market. We'll see.

Yeah, I knew WHY they did. I just didnt think that they would. I wasnt sure they would get an equal value back.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:36 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:

Yeah, I knew WHY they did. I just didnt think that they would. I wasnt sure they would get an equal value back.

Well, only time will tell in that regard. He's a potential HoFer that you'd give the ball to in game 7 of the world series against any team. Those are hard to come by. Sucks to be an organization that can't afford to keep your own product.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:29 pm
Gah damn the Mets are scary now w/ that acquisition. With Wright and Reyes still here to go along with their pitching, damn New York. Oh well, I like the Mets, unlike the Yankees.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:00 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:Gah damn the Mets are scary now w/ that acquisition. With Wright and Reyes still here to go along with their pitching, damn New York. Oh well, I like the Mets, unlike the Yankees.

You'll laugh... but I actually like the Red Sox. Have for years, pretty much because of Nomar. Even when he left I still cheered for them against the Yankees, and now that they've won two World Series, I'm still cheering for them. I don't claim them as my team, but I do like watching them play.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:37 pm
They had to improve...they were the best team in the NL but didn't even make it to the Playoffs!
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:51 pm
If they can't make the playoffs this year then I don't know what to say.
Three most hated ex warriors: Mike Dunleavy Jr., Tom Gugliotta, Todd Fuller.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:00 pm
The thing that surprised me the most was the lack of good prospects they got in return. The best pitcher in the league, and you dont even get the incoming team's best prospect? Their best prospect is Fernando Martinez, by the way. I would be pissed if I was a Twins fan.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:10 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:The thing that surprised me the most was the lack of good prospects they got in return. The best pitcher in the league, and you dont even get the incoming team's best prospect? Their best prospect is Fernando Martinez, by the way. I would be pissed if I was a Twins fan.

Yeah...well they screwed the hell out of Sabes (FRANCISCO LIRIANO, BOOF BONSER and JOE NATHAN for a piece of ****!) but yeah...tough break for Twinkies fans!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:16 pm
sleandres wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:The thing that surprised me the most was the lack of good prospects they got in return. The best pitcher in the league, and you dont even get the incoming team's best prospect? Their best prospect is Fernando Martinez, by the way. I would be pissed if I was a Twins fan.

Yeah...well they screwed the hell out of Sabes (FRANCISCO LIRIANO, BOOF BONSER and JOE NATHAN for a piece of ****!) but yeah...tough break for Twinkies fans!

I've been trying to forget that day.... you just brought up bad memories. :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:26 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
sleandres wrote:

I've been trying to forget that day.... you just brought up bad memories. :mrgreen:

sorry...but if I have to remember that, so do you :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:37 pm
sleandres wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
sleandres wrote:

sorry...but if I have to remember that, so do you :mrgreen:

It seems every time we make a trade, we get raped on it.

Accardo------> Chulk and Hillenbrand
Pierzynski-----> Bonser, Liriano, Nathan
Jerome Williams-----> LaTroy Hawkins

:|
Next

Return to Sports Board