Allen Iverson rallies in the voting to earn starting spot in

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:44 am
:dontknow: I don't think Wallace has done enough to be awarded an all star spot. He's been impressive some games and pretty average in others. Also, the team's record also matters, and Charlotte's been a mild disappointment so far.

He's close, but not quite there.

Oh, well. It's just a matter of opinion...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:53 am
EMan32 wrote:
TMC wrote:Well, in terms of deserving, these would be my teams:

WEST:

PG.- Chris Paul / Nash / Baron
SG.- Kobe / AI
SF.- Carmelo / Nowitzky
PF.- Duncan / Boozer
C.- Camby / Yao / Amare

EAST:

PG.- Kidd / Billups / Calderon
SG.- Wade / Rip Hamilton
SF.- Lebron / Caron Butler / Pierce
PF.- KG / Jamison
C.- Dwight Howard / Bosh

totally agree with your west team. im likin the east team you got...but i think id switch out calderon and throw in gerald wallace. whether its at shooting guard, small forward, or power forward...the guy deserves to be an allstar IMO

edit:// damn i just realized migya beat me to it. ha :wink:

Great minds think alike good buddy :D

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:54 am
TMC wrote::dontknow: I don't think Wallace has done enough to be awarded an all star spot. He's been impressive some games and pretty average in others. Also, the team's record also matters, and Charlotte's been a mild disappointment so far.

He's close, but not quite there.

Oh, well. It's just a matter of opinion...

You're just going for your countryman buddy :mrgreen:

*Calderon has been real good and the Raptors can thank that he is as good as he is or they would down and out with no good healthy PG

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:06 am
:dontknow: Must be that I don't like guys that put up good numbers but are absolutely useless when it comes to winning... :wink:

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:43 pm
well i mean, charlotte has JRich, okafor, and felton, and yet wallace has pretty much become their go-to guy. averaging career high in points, still doing what he normally does in defending...rebounds slightly lower than his usual but still good for his position and his size. calderon is purely a distributor and in a half court offense and thats it. he is having a great year, no doubt...but IMO he just got lucky that TJ Ford got injured.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:49 pm
TMC wrote:Well, in terms of deserving, these would be my teams:

WEST:

PG.- Chris Paul / Nash / Baron
SG.- Kobe / AI
SF.- Carmelo / Nowitzky
PF.- Duncan / Boozer
C.- Camby / Yao / Amare

EAST:

PG.- Kidd / Billups / Calderon
SG.- Wade / Rip Hamilton
SF.- Lebron / Caron Butler / Pierce
PF.- KG / Jamison
C.- Dwight Howard / Bosh

Even there, though, you're tweening positions to accomodate the most popular players. I don't think Dirk should make the all-star team at SF, after playing an entire year at PF. Give someone else, like Stephen Jackson, credit for putting up all-star numbers and helping his team grab some much needed wins. I agree with your earlier statements, that the all-star game should be voted on by position. The best 2, per conference, plus twp 3rd stringers at one position each. If a player plays 2 positions (such as Allen Iverson or Tim Duncan), he should be given the nod based on where he plays the most frequent... which would be SG for Iverson and PF for Duncan. Given that system, here's how I'd rank the teams this year:

WEST:

PG.- Chris Paul / Baron Davis / Steve Nash
SG.- Kobe Bryant / Allen Iverson
SF.- Carmelo Anthony / Shawn Marion
PF.- Carlos Boozer / Tim Duncan
C.- Marcus Camby / Yao Ming / Amare Stoudamire

EAST:

PG.- Jason Kidd / Chauncey Billups
SG.- Joe Johnson / Rip Hamilton
SF.- LeBron James / Andre Iguodala / Gerald Wallace
PF.- Kevin Garnett / Chris Bosh / Antawn Jamison
C.- Dwight Howard / Jermaine O'Neal
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:25 pm
That's an all-star game. The one we currently have... that's called the money game. Sell tickets, make money, bring in fans, play big names over names that deserve it even more.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:35 am
Players I consider more deserving of the all star spot than Gerald Wallace (that are not in my east team):

Richard Jefferson
Joe Johnson
Josh Smith
Iguodala

Even Ilgauskas and Turkoglu can be considered on a similar level than Gerald Wallace. I just can't see him there. That guy is the Shareef Abdur-Rahim of this time. Good numbers on crappy teams.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:10 am
TMC wrote:Players I consider more deserving of the all star spot than Gerald Wallace (that are not in my east team):

Richard Jefferson
Joe Johnson
Josh Smith
Iguodala

Even Ilgauskas and Turkoglu can be considered on a similar level than Gerald Wallace. I just can't see him there. That guy is the Shareef Abdur-Rahim of this time. Good numbers on crappy teams.

i gotta disagree with you...i think GWall deserves to be on the allstar team more than anyone you just mentioned with the exception of maybe RJ n Iggy. if anything, GWall is on the same level as RJ and Iggy in deserving an allstar spot. i just think that GWall has stepped up his game considerably, and to put Calderon in front of him is a slap in the face, despite the team record. of course, team records play a role in how coaches choose the reserves, but IMO that doesnt apply to the east since the majority of their teams are at .500 or below anyway. if we go by record then you're basically telling me that if wade wasnt a starter, he shouldnt be in the allstar game...his record is worse than charlottes by a lot. GWall is statistically even with Wade and JJ and is statistically better than RJ and Iggy.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:38 am
EMan32 wrote:
TMC wrote:Players I consider more deserving of the all star spot than Gerald Wallace (that are not in my east team):

Richard Jefferson
Joe Johnson
Josh Smith
Iguodala

i gotta disagree with you...i think GWall deserves to be on the allstar team more than anyone you just mentioned with the exception of maybe RJ n Iggy. if anything, GWall is on the same level as RJ and Iggy in deserving an allstar spot. i just think that GWall has stepped up his game considerably, and to put Calderon in front of him is a slap in the face, despite the team record. of course, team records play a role in how coaches choose the reserves, but IMO that doesnt apply to the east since the majority of their teams are at .500 or below anyway. if we go by record then you're basically telling me that if wade wasnt a starter, he shouldnt be in the allstar game...his record is worse than charlottes by a lot. GWall is statistically even with Wade and JJ and is statistically better than RJ and Iggy.

I agree, no way Calderon deserves allstar. RJefferson does, but his team sucks as well. JSmith does but I see GWallace alot like him, especially that they both get insane steals and blocks. Just think that GWallace has kept the Bobcats afloat somewhat (along with JRich and Okafor), since Felton has been hampered by injury.

Iguodala definately should be allstar as well

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:38 am
EMan32 wrote:to put Calderon in front of him is a slap in the face

Of course it is...

Ok, back to topic, Calderon performance doesn't show on the stats. He makes his team play. Wallace doesn't. If we go by stats alone, Steve Nash wouldn't have won two MVPs.

Also, and back to the stats, Calderon stats are skewed, due to all the time he had to share minutes with TJ Ford.

EMan32 wrote:if we go by record then you're basically telling me that if wade wasnt a starter, he shouldnt be in the allstar game...his record is worse than charlottes by a lot.

Wallace is not statistically even with Wade. Not even close. Wade is averaging 25 ppg and almost 7 assists, with 4.4 boards. Wallace is scoring 21ppg, 6 boards and 3.6 assists. That's not even production with Wade.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:18 am
TMC wrote:Image

:mrgreen:
Where do you get these pictures

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:24 am
migya wrote:
:mrgreen:
Where do you get these pictures

It's a secret place called google. Don't tell anybody. :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:18 pm
TMC wrote:
EMan32 wrote:to put Calderon in front of him is a slap in the face

Of course it is...

Ok, back to topic, Calderon performance doesn't show on the stats. He makes his team play. Wallace doesn't. If we go by stats alone, Steve Nash wouldn't have won two MVPs.

Also, and back to the stats, Calderon stats are skewed, due to all the time he had to share minutes with TJ Ford.

EMan32 wrote:if we go by record then you're basically telling me that if wade wasnt a starter, he shouldnt be in the allstar game...his record is worse than charlottes by a lot.

Wallace is not statistically even with Wade. Not even close. Wade is averaging 25 ppg and almost 7 assists, with 4.4 boards. Wallace is scoring 21ppg, 6 boards and 3.6 assists. That's not even production with Wade.

i took TOs, blocks, and steals into consideration as well. wade is averaging 2 spg, 0.8bpg, and 4.5 TOs. GWall with 2.2spg, 1.0bpg, and 3.2 TOs. slightly more steals and blocks in wallace's favor and about a 1.5 TO difference. about 2 full rebounds in wallaces favor and 3.5 assists in wades favor to go along with 4 points. as far as production, its pretty damn even...especially considering how many more games wallace played than wade this year (cuz its easier to average better numbers in less games).

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:36 am
EMan32 wrote:i took TOs, blocks, and steals into consideration as well. wade is averaging 2 spg, 0.8bpg, and 4.5 TOs. GWall with 2.2spg, 1.0bpg, and 3.2 TOs. slightly more steals and blocks in wallace's favor and about a 1.5 TO difference. about 2 full rebounds in wallaces favor and 3.5 assists in wades favor to go along with 4 points. as far as production, its pretty damn even...especially considering how many more games wallace played than wade this year (cuz its easier to average better numbers in less games).

Details, details... Life's too short to consider all the details... :mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to News Articles