WTF! Seriously, watch this vid and take note of a comment

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:28 am
Hey all,

For some reason I just watched this vid on ESPN, regarding David Stern and how is the saviour of basketball and is basically god...........thought it would be a laugh.

However, something else shocked me and prompted me to post this on here to see what you think.............check out what Russ Granik (Deputy Commisioner) said at 6 min and 12 sec............I cant believe he actually said that...............???.............I didnt watch the rest after that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/vid ... 7&n8pe6c=1
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:29 pm
Did he really say that?
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:30 pm
Did he really say that?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:38 pm
:shock:

I'm amazed at what Granik said. Speechless... :-o

Too many black players???? And this guy represents the NBA???

btw, if you stopped watching, there are more pearls in the vid... The only one who seems to have a brain in that whole vid is Steve Kerr.

As for Stern's tenure, I think he did a good, even great job during his first, say... 15 years of so as commish. The problem, and what's tarnishing his image, are these last few years. This decade. He's modelling the NBA into the league HE wants, not a league for the players, not a league for the fans... but a league that revolves around revenue.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:32 pm
Heres what I posted on the videos comment section............. :mrgreen: =

"I seriously cant believe that Russ Granik said that.............and I also cant believe that whoever produced this video left that in!!?? Not a great advert for the NBA or David Stern and his "crew"..........who are already considered officious business sharks by most. Either Granik is a racist or he has no idea of how to express his thoughts.............come on, thats just plain ridiculous."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:37 pm
Either Granik is a racist or he has no idea of how to express his thoughts

I think it's more of the latter. There's a difference between what he said and being a racist. I mean, he talked about the league being percieved as having too many black players at that time, not that he believes that.

Of course, the line gets pretty blur with that kind of remarks. And somebody who's representing the league should know better than to say that on TV.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:46 pm
TMC wrote:
Either Granik is a racist or he has no idea of how to express his thoughts

I think it's more of the latter. There's a difference between what he said and being a racist. I mean, he talked about the league being percieved as having too many black players at that time, not that he believes that.

Of course, the line gets pretty blur with that kind of remarks. And somebody who's representing the league should know better than to say that on TV.

His exact words =

"I think the image of the NBA in the early 1980's was of a league that was drug infested......errr.......errr.......had......had too many black players"

Come on man.............that is what it is.........that is either his opinion or what he felt was the general feeling about the NBA at that time........even if he went not to say it that way, he did, and the stuttering and pauses say a lot.

Or............the editor should be shot.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:50 pm
i didnt think the comment was ill intended however i realize that the issue
spoken on goes deep into ones heart and soul..i will read the post's and try to learn from the many views on the board
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:57 pm
bigstrads wrote:Come on man.............that is what it is.........that is either his opinion or what he felt was the general feeling about the NBA at that time........

That's what I said, that I think it's the latter. It was his opinion about how the league was perceived at that time. I'm just saying that it can be easily taken for a racist remark (which could still be... although I doubt anybody can be dumb enough to say so purposely).

Where's the misunderstanding?. Seems like we agree on everything...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:13 pm
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Come on man.............that is what it is.........that is either his opinion or what he felt was the general feeling about the NBA at that time........

That's what I said, that I think it's the latter. It was his opinion about how the league was perceived at that time. I'm just saying that it can be easily taken for a racist remark (which could still be... although I doubt anybody can be dumb enough to say so purposely).

:mrgreen: ...............Im having a funny evening again........dont know whats wrong with me lately.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:34 pm
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:

:mrgreen: ...............Im having a funny evening again........dont know whats wrong with me lately.

Yeah, I was about to say, man. Little argumentative lately? :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:41 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:

Hmmm, dont know what it is really, havnt been sleeping well (that evening where I was going nuts about Webber, if you notice, that was like 3am over here) and my mind doesnt seem to have a shut off or calm down button lately............I feel a little sensitive, lets put it that way. :mrgreen:

Although...............I do think Im slightly justified in my annoyance with some posts/topics/members lately...........alot of negativity and repetition.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:43 pm
bigstrads wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:

Hmmm, dont know what it is really, havnt been sleeping well (that evening where I was going nuts about Webber, if you notice, that was like 3am over here) and my mind doesnt seem to have a shut off or calm down button lately............I feel a little sensitive, lets put it that way. :mrgreen:

Although...............I do think Im slightly justified in my annoyance with some posts/topics/members lately...........alot of negativity and repetition.

Whatever it is surprised me. You are normally pretty calm. I thought that you were going to eat me a couple of days ago regarding Webber. Man, you were kinda going nuts. Picking on that poor guy for making his art, man. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:48 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:

Whatever it is surprised me. I thought that you were going to eat me a couple of days ago regarding Webber. Man, you were kinda going nuts. Picking on that poor guy for making his art, man. :wink:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ................ahh sf, thats why I love you man..........funny sh*t.

Sleepfloyd.............yeah...........my anger at the "Once a Warrior, Always a Warrior" thing was pretty deep seeded.............but then felt really bad when he sounded like a puppy dog saying "ohh, i just wanted to do some nice art work for you guys"...........did you see my apology re-edit of his picture.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:53 pm
bigstrads wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:

Whatever it is surprised me. I thought that you were going to eat me a couple of days ago regarding Webber. Man, you were kinda going nuts. Picking on that poor guy for making his art, man. :wink:

Did you see my apology re-edit of his picture?

Yeah.... you were still editing his picture. The picture is also happening to come true. Some irony involved, man? :wink:
Next

Return to Sports Board