any one ???

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:50 pm
does anyone know who originaly hired the greatest niner coach of all time
BILL WALSH into the league for his first job.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:55 pm
Yup, Al Davis, when he was in his right mind. He, however, wasnt able to keep him there. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:28 pm
ok sf try an hear me out bro....
davis has done many many things... too many to list, which have enhanced the game. more hall of famers have asked mr davis to give the speach of induction for them,more hall of famers played for or under mr davis than anyone else not to mention how he has been one of two who took the two leagues and made them one... ect ect ect...
i will agree that his time has passed.
however for me or anyone to run down a man who has the accolades as mr davis disrespects the raider nation ( which you may not care about),disrespects the game of football, disrespects those who helped to form the game and most off disrespects onesself.
yes again his time has passed but damn it mr davis earned it by living and bleeding it... not talking or posting it.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:49 pm
Davis is a great football man. I am not going to deny it and most any other fan should admit that as well. He did, and has done, a lot of great things for the game of football. Bringing Bill Walsh into the league is one of them. However, that is not my point. My point is that people should learn when their time is up. It is sad, as a fan, to see these guys hanging on with everything they have to try and milk as much as they can out of it. I am not a Raider fan, and cannot speak for one, but everyone that I have talked to, Raider fans included, do not like him as an owner anymore. He doesnt seem to understand the basics of football anymore. As an example, Lane Kiffin gets them on the right track, doubling their wins in one year, and doing everything right, but Davis asks him to resign? Just an example....

I am not taking away from the guy, intentionally disrespecting him, or anything like that. I just wish that people would hang it up when their time is obviously came and done.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:01 pm
sf you are CORRECT!.
however look at it this way... if you were 85 years old and the state took your driving privilage away or you were told you had to goto an old floks home... would you put your nuts in a bag and give them away. or would you man up and do what it is a man does....
as much as it sucks he earned thr RIGHT to do what the f-ck he wants.
i and the rest of the raider fans will live with it.. whats are choice
jump off ship and suck off brady....... not a chance
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:09 pm
JOEL wrote:i and the rest of the raider fans will live with it..

That is the thing right there. Many fans will not live with it. For example, I have a teacher who is a diehard Raider fan, but he told me that he will not go to another game until Davis either dies or gives the team up. Many fans do not think he is competant to run a team any longer. Again, as a Niner fan, I am not one to talk, but I would be pretty mad if the owner of my team, no matter the big name that he has, and no matter how much he did for the sport, if he didnt seem able to run a team correctly.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:15 pm
its a tuff call... loyalty honor its what i raised up with its my home team.
its all i got . stupid? perhaps but i know that i am a fan of THE GREAT OAKLAND RAIDERS.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:17 pm
I would call it devoted. When your team is struggling and you are getting harrassed about it, it is devotion that keeps you going. Man, I have had to deal with the Giants and Niners my whole life. Not a whole lot of action going on there. Also, the Warriors up until last year. If you are devoted to something, no matter what it is, it is something that nobody can take away from you. I'm glad that you are devoted to it. Just know that I am devoted to my Niners. :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:06 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I would be pretty mad if the owner of my team, no matter the big name that he has, and no matter how much he did for the sport, if he didnt seem able to run a team correctly.

Which brings to mind Cohan's tenure as Warriors owner... :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:58 am
TMC wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I would be pretty mad if the owner of my team, no matter the big name that he has, and no matter how much he did for the sport, if he didnt seem able to run a team correctly.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Yorks and Sabean. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:20 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
TMC wrote:

But if you wanna go eastcoast with it, we can talk about James Dolan, the man that runs the Knicks.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:24 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
TMC wrote:

But if you wanna go eastcoast with it, we can talk about James Dolan, the man that runs the Knicks.

He is pretty bad, as well. :wink:

I am just so used to talking about and thinking about the Niners and Giants, I automatically think York and Sabean when I think bad owners.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:27 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
TMC wrote:

He is pretty bad, as well. :wink:

I am just so used to talking about and thinking about the Niners and Giants, I automatically think York and Sabean when I think bad owners.

Yeah... don't we all. :(
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Return to Sports Board