Camby's 11 Blocks close to highest ever

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:50 am
Like others have said, I would expect Kirilinko, Josh Smith, Jason Kidd, guys like that. I am with you, though. Only 4 in the entire history of the game. Kind of shocking. :shock:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:55 pm
There was some controversy about whether or not Hakeem got two quadro-doubles. He was awarded a quadruple double by the scorekeepers on March 3rd, but the league later deemed one of the assists he was credited with didn't warrant being counted as an assist.
ImageImage

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:15 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Like others have said, I would expect Kirilinko, Josh Smith, Jason Kidd, guys like that. I am with you, though. Only 4 in the entire history of the game. Kind of shocking. :shock:


not so sure bout the whole history of the game. im sure the big O could have too.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:45 am
EMan32 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Like others have said, I would expect Kirilinko, Josh Smith, Jason Kidd, guys like that. I am with you, though. Only 4 in the entire history of the game. Kind of shocking. :shock:


not so sure bout the whole history of the game. im sure the big O could have too.


Yeah, not all stats were covered throughout league history. Maybe there are a few more "unclaimed".
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:30 am
Blocks and steals weren't recorded up until about the early 1970s or something
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:42 am
Oh yeah, I am quite sure Oscar would have got a few when you realize he AVERAGED a triple-double for an entire season and just missed that mark 4 other years in a AMAZING 5 year stretch.

These numbers are TRULY amazing

Season/Pts/Rebs/Assists
60-61/30.5/10.1/9.7
61-62/30.8/12.5/11.14
62-63/28.3/10.4/9.5
63-64/31.4/9.9/11.0
64-65/30.4/9.0/11.5
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:57 am
I think Wilt actually would have been much more likely. In fact, I bet he probably had a dozen quadruple doubles.

He got 78 career triple doubles if memory serves me, I'm sure he would have gotten 10 blocks on plenty of those.

Some other things Wilt did along the lines of triple and quadruple doubles:

- Set NBA record with consecutive triple doubles (9).
- Only player in NBA history to get a quadruple double-double (40 points, 40 rebounds)
- Only player in NBA history to get a double triple double (20 points, 20 rebounds, 20 assists)

Since his statistician claimed he averaged 8 blocks per game, I'm sure he got quadruple doubles semi-regularly.
ImageImage
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:19 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:I think Wilt actually would have been much more likely. In fact, I bet he probably had a dozen quadruple doubles.

He got 78 career triple doubles if memory serves me, I'm sure he would have gotten 10 blocks on plenty of those.

Some other things Wilt did along the lines of triple and quadruple doubles:

- Set NBA record with consecutive triple doubles (9).
- Only player in NBA history to get a quadruple double-double (40 points, 40 rebounds)
- Only player in NBA history to get a double triple double (20 points, 20 rebounds, 20 assists)

Since his statistician claimed he averaged 8 blocks per game, I'm sure he got quadruple doubles semi-regularly.


I agree that Wilt was probably more likely and yes, Wilt DID have 78 triple doubles but that is DWARFED by the Big O's 181!!
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:41 pm
badabing8888 wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:I think Wilt actually would have been much more likely. In fact, I bet he probably had a dozen quadruple doubles.

He got 78 career triple doubles if memory serves me, I'm sure he would have gotten 10 blocks on plenty of those.

Some other things Wilt did along the lines of triple and quadruple doubles:

- Set NBA record with consecutive triple doubles (9).
- Only player in NBA history to get a quadruple double-double (40 points, 40 rebounds)
- Only player in NBA history to get a double triple double (20 points, 20 rebounds, 20 assists)

Since his statistician claimed he averaged 8 blocks per game, I'm sure he got quadruple doubles semi-regularly.


I agree that Wilt was probably more likely and yes, Wilt DID have 78 triple doubles but that is DWARFED by the Big O's 181!!


Yeah, but we're talking about quadruple doubles, and it seems rather unlikely Oscar ever got 10 steals in a game. 10 steals in a game has happened about 11 times since 1986, meaning there probably would have only been 7 or 8 ten steal games in the whole league in oscar's career, and he probably wouldn't have had one of them.
ImageImage
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:59 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
badabing8888 wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:I think Wilt actually would have been much more likely. In fact, I bet he probably had a dozen quadruple doubles.

He got 78 career triple doubles if memory serves me, I'm sure he would have gotten 10 blocks on plenty of those.

Some other things Wilt did along the lines of triple and quadruple doubles:

- Set NBA record with consecutive triple doubles (9).
- Only player in NBA history to get a quadruple double-double (40 points, 40 rebounds)
- Only player in NBA history to get a double triple double (20 points, 20 rebounds, 20 assists)

And thats why I agreed with you that Wilt was more likely.

Since his statistician claimed he averaged 8 blocks per game, I'm sure he got quadruple doubles semi-regularly.


I agree that Wilt was probably more likely and yes, Wilt DID have 78 triple doubles but that is DWARFED by the Big O's 181!!


Yeah, but we're talking about quadruple doubles, and it seems rather unlikely Oscar ever got 10 steals in a game. 10 steals in a game has happened about 11 times since 1986, meaning there probably would have only been 7 or 8 ten steal games in the whole league in oscar's career, and he probably wouldn't have had one of them.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
Previous

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron