Reserve center Mbenga has shot to stick with Warriors

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:59 pm
Reserve center DJ Mbenga has five more days to sweat it out, but his chances look good for staying with the Golden State Warriors for the rest of the season according to the San Jose Mercury News.

Mbenga's one-year deal, signed Nov. 17, becomes guaranteed Thursday. The Warriors can cut the 7-footer loose before then with no further obligations, but Mbenga has made a strong case for continued employment by supplanting Patrick O'Bryant as the first big man off the bench.

The biggest potential wrinkle is the status of reserve point guard Troy Hudson, who is expected this month to undergo hip surgery that would essentially end his season and leave the Warriors without their primary backup for Baron Davis. If GM Chris Mullin and Coach Don Nelson dip into the NBA Development League to replace Hudson, Mbenga would be the most logical player released.

Nice little article I found talking about Mbenga, talking about why the Warriors cut him.
Last edited by sfsfsfgiants on Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:12 am
You're a genius! I found this article days ago! Next!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:30 am
Mbenga has been released. I don't understand the move, though. We have plenty of cap room so I wouldn't think we'd have to worry about his contract. That puzzles me especially since he plays above Croshere, POB, Belinelli and Wright. Maybe a trade is brewering? Because we have 2 free spots on the active roster. Well actually one now that Kosta was recalled.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=6794
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:14 pm
I knew he had been released. That is why I posted in on here. Just saying why he was released.

J-Rich, dont piss your pants, bud. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

Return to News Articles