Rumor D League PG C.J. Watson might get call up.

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:10 pm
Watson Named Player of the Month

Rio Grande Valley Vipers point guard and DraftExpress blogger C.J. Watson has been named the D-League performer of the month for December. In his first D-League season, Watson has averages of 25.4 points, 5.1 rebounds, and 5.2 assists per game while shooting 51.4% from the field. The 23 year-old point guard has the Vipers at 9-5 on the season, while leading the team in both scoring assists. Watson currently ranks atop our call-up list, and has been closely followed by a number of NBA scouts this season. The Vipers rely on him to run their offense, gearing their sets around pick and rolls where he can either score or dish the ball to one of his shooters on the wing. A graduate of Tennessee, Watson played overseas last season, before joining the Charlotte Bobcats for training camp in October. The Vipers selected him 5th overall in the 2007 D-League draft. There are rumors that he may get a callup from the Golden State Warriors sometime soon.

DraftExpress
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:51 pm
Hmmm... interesting. I am really excited to see what they decide to do with Pietrus, Mbenga, Kosta, and now this guy. Interesting times, man. Good find.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:55 pm
he probably has a few feelers right now. warriors being one of em im sure. sometimes you can catch lightening in a bottle with these guys. i remember will bynum. bust. azubuike really is a nice player tho. maybe this PG can hookup with us and flourish in our style of play backing up BD.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:59 pm
I found this written about him. It talks about his strenghts and weaknesses. I hope they can get him, based on what I have heard. He sounds pretty good.

A year removed from college, C.J. Watson is coming off a difficult rookie season in Europe, where he bounced around between Italy and Greece and never really found his rhythm, which isn’t a huge surprise considering that he’s a bit of an acquired taste. He did have a terrific summer league showing with San Antonio, particularly in the Rocky Mountain Revue. Watson is a 6-2 combo guard, leaning more towards the point guard position. He’s just an average athlete, but is exceptionally smart and crafty, possessing a beautiful perimeter stroke and a high basketball IQ. He gets in the passing lanes well, and is getting better and better at creating his own shot and setting up teammates. Expect him to be one of the first players off the board tonight, as he’s a perfect example of what the D-League is all about, and might even warrant a call-up at some point this season.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:06 pm
thanks for the good info.. sounds kind of like a monta ellis type, but not quite the athlete but better bbIQ. thats fine with me, the more talent the better.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:08 pm
ChronicallyInclined wrote:Thats fine with me, the more talent the better.

My thing is, "The more depth, the better." If we can get a guy to spell Baron, at least for some minutes, until we can get a perminant solution, he would really really help the team. If we can get him and he can get Baron ten minutes of rest a game, he would be my new favorite player. :mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:19 pm
Who knows we pick up 'Diamond' on D- league... :shock:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:31 am
We got Azubuike around this time last year. Maybe he'll be another guy we can grab that'll turn out to be something special. Who knows. Kosta got recalled so that leaves one extra spot open on the active roster.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:45 am
Can't help much, as I've never seen him play. If he gest called up, must be because our front office is impressed with the way he's playing in the D-league.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:44 am
I think this is a good place to start. Give the young guy a chance...if he doesn't work out, we can always try to swing a trade for Arroyo.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:23 pm
how can he get called up when he belongs to the Cavs

i thought you can only call up your own guys?
(players from Bakersfield Jam)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:35 pm
dubsfan1 wrote:how can he get called up when he belongs to the Cavs

i thought you can only call up your own guys?
(players from Bakersfield Jam)

That's right. If he belongs to the Cavs, only they can call him up to the NBA.

Any team in the NBDL has 12 players on its roster. You can call any player not sent down by a NBA team or any player you've sent down.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:36 pm
I seriously wouldn't mind any sort of backup PG right now (one that isn't trying to score and is an actual PG).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:15 pm
For those who havnt heard, we have indeed signed him up.

Return to News Articles