Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:31 am
EMan32 wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:
sleandres wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:It seems like Beane is reloading. That, in itself, is exciting for any sports fan.

But the problem is he will just keep rebuilding. Eventually he has to pay some of these players. I might not say that Swisher was one of them, but eventually they have to stop building players for other teams.

Without increased payroll, he'll never do anything with any players, other than build the team and rebuild the team and rebuild the team... and on and on. Only way the team wins the WS is if they get very, very lucky, kinda like the Marlins a few years back.

Pretty hard to beat a team that's spending $150 million when you spend less than $50 million.

in that case trade them to the giants rather than someone else in the AL :mrgreen:

hehe...that what I'm talking about :mrgreen:

JayPat wrote:Hopefully the new stadium will attract more fans and allow them to spend more on their players.

I was listening to KNBR this morning and Dave Flemming had mentioned that the Fremont thing was far from a done deal. I thought it was?

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:39 am
thats true, street can stay. but i do think hes an overrated closer. dazzled opposing hitters in his rookie year, but the effect was gone after that

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:55 am
sleandres wrote:
EMan32 wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:
sleandres wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:It seems like Beane is reloading. That, in itself, is exciting for any sports fan.

But the problem is he will just keep rebuilding. Eventually he has to pay some of these players. I might not say that Swisher was one of them, but eventually they have to stop building players for other teams.

Without increased payroll, he'll never do anything with any players, other than build the team and rebuild the team and rebuild the team... and on and on. Only way the team wins the WS is if they get very, very lucky, kinda like the Marlins a few years back.

Pretty hard to beat a team that's spending $150 million when you spend less than $50 million.

in that case trade them to the giants rather than someone else in the AL :mrgreen:

JayPat wrote:Hopefully the new stadium will attract more fans and allow them to spend more on their players.

I was listening to KNBR this morning and Dave Flemming had mentioned that the Fremont thing was far from a done deal. I thought it was?

i thought it was...they had the ground breaking and everything already. i dunno if construction is going on tho...
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:01 pm
EMan32 wrote:
sleandres wrote:
EMan32 wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:
sleandres wrote:

i thought it was...they had the ground breaking and everything already. i dunno if construction is going on tho...

Thats what I had thought...maybe I misunderstood him
Previous

Return to Sports Board