Detroit Pistons still among the best teams

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Where do you think the Pistons will finish this season

No votes
1. 1st in East, nba champions
9%
2. 1st in East, nba finals
1
No votes
3. 1st in East, East finals
No votes
4. 1st in East, out before East finals
No votes
5. 2nd in East, nba champions
9%
6. 2nd in East, nba finals
1
55%
7. 2nd in East, East finals
6
18%
8. 2nd in East, out before East finals
2
No votes
9. Less than 2nd in East, nba champions or nba finals or East finals
9%
10. Less than 2nd in East, out before East finals
1

Total votes: 11

User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:02 am
Yeah, the East is terrible after Detriot and Boston. There's really no other competition between after them. While the Western Conference has nearly 11 teams fighting for a playoff spot. The balance scale of power has moved a tad bit, but not as much from last years.
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 116
» Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:06 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Yeah, the East is terrible after Detriot and Boston. There's really no other competition between after them. While the Western Conference has nearly 11 teams fighting for a playoff spot. The balance scale of power has moved a tad bit, but not as much from last years.


It is probably more of the top teams catching up to the West's top teams with the rest being just garbage. However, I wouldn't count Cavs out yet. They are built for the playoffs, not the regular season.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:10 am
PistonsFan73 wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:Yeah, the East is terrible after Detriot and Boston. There's really no other competition between after them. While the Western Conference has nearly 11 teams fighting for a playoff spot. The balance scale of power has moved a tad bit, but not as much from last years.


It is probably more of the top teams catching up to the West's top teams with the rest being just garbage. However, I wouldn't count Cavs out yet. They are built for the playoffs, not the regular season.


I wouldn't count out the Heat either. They're only what? 6, 7, 8 games out of the playoffs with so much more left in the season and they haven't even won 12 games yet? They have talent even with the age being a concern. They're in the East, too. They have a chance even though I wouldn't even give a damn if they didn't.
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 116
» Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:12 am
xbaywarrior wrote:I wouldn't count out the Heat either. They're only what? 6, 7, 8 games out of the playoffs with so much more left in the season and they haven't even won 12 games yet? They have talent even with the age being a concern. They're in the East, too. They have a chance even though I wouldn't even give a damn if they didn't.


Heat is finished. They're going nowhere fast at 8-25. Shaq can't play more than 15-20 min, Wade's not healthy, Zo is out. They haven't gotten much beyond that.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21960
» Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:13 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
PistonsFan73 wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:Yeah, the East is terrible after Detriot and Boston. There's really no other competition between after them. While the Western Conference has nearly 11 teams fighting for a playoff spot. The balance scale of power has moved a tad bit, but not as much from last years.


It is probably more of the top teams catching up to the West's top teams with the rest being just garbage. However, I wouldn't count Cavs out yet. They are built for the playoffs, not the regular season.


I wouldn't count out the Heat either. They're only what? 6, 7, 8 games out of the playoffs with so much more left in the season and they haven't even won 12 games yet? They have talent even with the age being a concern. They're in the East, too. They have a chance even though I wouldn't even give a damn if they didn't.



It will take a big turnaround for the Heat to get into the playoffs, they have been awful so far.

I think the Raptors are another team that is forgotten. They have a good team with good players at every position and they could be successful in the playoffs
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 116
» Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:14 am
Raptors can't deal with either Boston or Detroit. Their Euroball is not going to fly in the playoffs.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21960
» Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:24 am
PistonsFan73 wrote:Raptors can't deal with either Boston or Detroit. Their Euroball is not going to fly in the playoffs.



They can definately be third best
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21960
» Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:05 am
Celts beat Pistons after coming back and taking the lead in the fourth quarter. One game a piece in their matchup this season, each winning on the other team's homecourt
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:23 am
migya wrote:Celts beat Pistons after coming back and taking the lead in the fourth quarter. One game a piece in their matchup this season, each winning on the other team's homecourt


I'm going to enjoy that series if it ends up happening for an Eastern Conference Championship matchup.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest