9. Less than 2nd in East, nba champions or nba finals or East finals
No votes
10. Less than 2nd in East, out before East finals
9%

Total votes : 11

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:02 am
Yeah, the East is terrible after Detriot and Boston. There's really no other competition between after them. While the Western Conference has nearly 11 teams fighting for a playoff spot. The balance scale of power has moved a tad bit, but not as much from last years.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:06 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Yeah, the East is terrible after Detriot and Boston. There's really no other competition between after them. While the Western Conference has nearly 11 teams fighting for a playoff spot. The balance scale of power has moved a tad bit, but not as much from last years.

It is probably more of the top teams catching up to the West's top teams with the rest being just garbage. However, I wouldn't count Cavs out yet. They are built for the playoffs, not the regular season.
-----------------------------------
The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:10 am
PistonsFan73 wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:Yeah, the East is terrible after Detriot and Boston. There's really no other competition between after them. While the Western Conference has nearly 11 teams fighting for a playoff spot. The balance scale of power has moved a tad bit, but not as much from last years.

It is probably more of the top teams catching up to the West's top teams with the rest being just garbage. However, I wouldn't count Cavs out yet. They are built for the playoffs, not the regular season.

I wouldn't count out the Heat either. They're only what? 6, 7, 8 games out of the playoffs with so much more left in the season and they haven't even won 12 games yet? They have talent even with the age being a concern. They're in the East, too. They have a chance even though I wouldn't even give a damn if they didn't.
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:12 am
xbaywarrior wrote:I wouldn't count out the Heat either. They're only what? 6, 7, 8 games out of the playoffs with so much more left in the season and they haven't even won 12 games yet? They have talent even with the age being a concern. They're in the East, too. They have a chance even though I wouldn't even give a damn if they didn't.

Heat is finished. They're going nowhere fast at 8-25. Shaq can't play more than 15-20 min, Wade's not healthy, Zo is out. They haven't gotten much beyond that.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:13 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
PistonsFan73 wrote:

I wouldn't count out the Heat either. They're only what? 6, 7, 8 games out of the playoffs with so much more left in the season and they haven't even won 12 games yet? They have talent even with the age being a concern. They're in the East, too. They have a chance even though I wouldn't even give a damn if they didn't.

It will take a big turnaround for the Heat to get into the playoffs, they have been awful so far.

I think the Raptors are another team that is forgotten. They have a good team with good players at every position and they could be successful in the playoffs

migya make the ring fall on ya
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:14 am
Raptors can't deal with either Boston or Detroit. Their Euroball is not going to fly in the playoffs.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:24 am
PistonsFan73 wrote:Raptors can't deal with either Boston or Detroit. Their Euroball is not going to fly in the playoffs.

They can definately be third best

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:05 am
Celts beat Pistons after coming back and taking the lead in the fourth quarter. One game a piece in their matchup this season, each winning on the other team's homecourt

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:23 am
migya wrote:Celts beat Pistons after coming back and taking the lead in the fourth quarter. One game a piece in their matchup this season, each winning on the other team's homecourt

I'm going to enjoy that series if it ends up happening for an Eastern Conference Championship matchup.
Previous

Return to Sports Board