Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets @ Warriors 2008-01-04

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back at home against the Hornets?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:14 pm

YES
88%
NO
13%

Total votes : 16

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:50 am
I agree that West is the better rebounder and defender. But scorer? Come on, now. Al Harrington has averaged over 17 PPG for 3 different NBA teams. David West only has 4 more 20 point games than Al, but, as you said, he plays AN AVERAGE of 10 minutes more per game than Al. 32 games into the season, that means West has played roughly 320 more minutes this year. That's a ton.

Its also worth mentioning that Al can score in any way possible, which is something only a handful of NBA players can do. Litterally, Al can do ANYTHING. Post, slash, get to the line, hit the three, knock down the midrange, fade away, dip under, lay it in, slam it down, tip back missed shots, shoot the hook... hell, he's even among the league's best passers for a guy 6'9" or above. West, to his credit, can't do half of those things.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:26 am
32 wrote:Its also worth mentioning that Al can score in any way possible, which is something only a handful of NBA players can do. Litterally, Al can do ANYTHING. Post, slash, get to the line, hit the three, knock down the midrange, fade away, dip under, lay it in, slam it down, tip back missed shots, shoot the hook... hell, he's even among the league's best passers for a guy 6'9" or above. West, to his credit, can't do half of those things.

Then we don't use him as we should. I know he can score... just don't know if so many disappearing acts are because he gets hot/cold with ease or Nellie doesn't want to have him as one of his top weapons or whatever... I just think that his best trait is his scoring ability, and we don't use that enough.

It may just be me, tho.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:41 am
Al has been sucked into that pool of players (by Nelson) that now have to awkwardly try and rebound and defend, rather than score. Barnes is having the same thing done to him. So is Azuibuke. So is Pietrus. In fact, if your name isn't Monta, Jackson, or Baron, Don Nelson will pull you out of the game if you miss 3 shots in a row.

Thats a damn shame, because Harrington is probably the Warriors best all-around scorer.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:45 pm
The Warriors can win this game, they need it too. Games like this will make it easier not only to make the playoffs, but to try and get a 6 or 7 seed. I expect this to be a very close game...Warriors by 3.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:48 pm
32 wrote:Al has been sucked into that pool of players (by Nelson) that now have to awkwardly try and rebound and defend, rather than score. Barnes is having the same thing done to him. So is Azuibuke. So is Pietrus. In fact, if your name isn't Monta, Jackson, or Baron, Don Nelson will pull you out of the game if you miss 3 shots in a row.

Thats a damn shame, because Harrington is probably the Warriors best all-around scorer.

Over Baron? I guess you say that because of the 3's.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:51 pm
Harrington can do it all... shoot the three, drive, play back to the basket, dribble, pass... I agree with 32. When he is hot, he is their best all-around scorer. Baron, however, is their most consistant scorer.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:15 pm
32 wrote:Al Harrington > David West

I agree that Biedrins and Chandler are probably a toss-up (hell, I'd probably take Chandler, given the choice), but David West can't compare to Harrington. Al can explode for 40 points on any given night. West nets most of his points off a Chris Paul dish.

And I truly don't think Paul is better than Baron. As good? Sure. But better? Hell no.

No way Harrington is as good as West. West has become a top 10-15 PF the last two years. He scores and rebounds real well and blocks some shots as well. Harrington is more of a scorer than anything else. Yes, he can do a bit of everything but he is not anymore than decent in anything but scoring. Saying that, he can go off on almost anyone, like he did against the Jazz in Utah early in the season and has a few other times as well.

Chandler is more established than Biedrins, though Biedrins can hold his own. I'd like to see Biedrins run the break ahead of Chandler for some easy points

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:34 am
migya wrote:No way Harrington is as good as West. West has become a top 10-15 PF the last two years. He scores and rebounds real well and blocks some shots as well. Harrington is more of a scorer than anything else. Yes, he can do a bit of everything but he is not anymore than decent in anything but scoring. Saying that, he can go off on almost anyone, like he did against the Jazz in Utah early in the season and has a few other times as well.

I do agree with 32 about Harrington being a better scorer than West. At least, Al has more weapons than West. That can't be denied.

I'd still take West, due to his rebounding and defensive edge over Al (I'm not so sure of the latter, tho. It's closer than you may think), but 32 has a point regarding their scoring ability.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:20 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:No way Harrington is as good as West. West has become a top 10-15 PF the last two years. He scores and rebounds real well and blocks some shots as well. Harrington is more of a scorer than anything else. Yes, he can do a bit of everything but he is not anymore than decent in anything but scoring. Saying that, he can go off on almost anyone, like he did against the Jazz in Utah early in the season and has a few other times as well.

I do agree with 32 about Harrington being a better scorer than West. At least, Al has more weapons than West. That can't be denied.

I'd still take West, due to his rebounding and defensive edge over Al (I'm not so sure of the latter, tho. It's closer than you may think), but 32 has a point regarding their scoring ability.

West is scoting more this season than Harrington ever has. Even when he was on the Hawks, where he shot as much as he wanted, he still didn't score as much as West does. It is pretty even in scoring, we can say that, but everything else is in favour of West

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:19 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

West is scoting more this season than Harrington ever has. Even when he was on the Hawks, where he shot as much as he wanted, he still didn't score as much as West does. It is pretty even in scoring, we can say that, but everything else is in favour of West

How about the fact that Wet is sloppy with the ball. He turns the ball over over twice as much as Al. I am sure 2.25 is one of the tops among PF. He also is one of his team's only weapons getting him about 6.5 more shots per game. Obviously West's Defensive stats will be much better, but to make him sound far-and-away a better player might not be fair
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:25 pm
it will definitely be a tough game... NO has been having a great year so far this year. I really hope the dubz come back hungrier after the huge loss to dallas. DUBZ by 7
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:34 pm
*Thoughts Before the Game*:shock: Oh my God! Brandan Wright getting the start!? What the f*ck!?

*Thoughts At the Half* Ugly as hell first quarter leads to a pretty good second. They need to be more consistant. Pietrus had a couple nice plays(block), with a couple of dumb plays(fouling with 0:00.1 on the clock). I would like to see Wright get back in the game.

Another thing I noticed was the lack of season-long productivity from Matt Barnes. It is getting rediculous. I love Barnes, but he has done nothing. His shot isnt going down, he turns it over, and commits a lot of fouls. I wonder if he was a one year wonder...
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:16 pm
1st Qtr.....BAD
2nd Qtr....REALLY GOOD
3rd..........BAD AGAIN
4 qtr........?????
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:17 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:*Thoughts Before the Game*:shock: Oh my God! Brandan Wright getting the start!? What the f*ck!?

*Thoughts At the Half* Ugly as hell first quarter leads to a pretty good second. They need to be more consistant. Pietrus had a couple nice plays(block), with a couple of dumb plays(fouling with 0:00.1 on the clock). I would like to see Wright get back in the game.

Another thing I noticed was the lack of season-long productivity from Matt Barnes. It is getting rediculous. I love Barnes, but he has done nothing. His shot isnt going down, he turns it over, and commits a lot of fouls. I wonder if he was a one year wonder...

It was pretty weird seen Brandon Wright start but it made me happy for the short amount of time that he was in I thought he was did well. I hope he gets some more time.
Cohan and Nelly are gone!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:19 pm
Monta8 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:*Thoughts Before the Game*:shock: Oh my God! Brandan Wright getting the start!? What the f*ck!?

It was pretty weird seen Brandon Wright start but it made me happy for the short amount of time that he was in I thought he was did well. I hope he gets some more time.

Yeah, huh? To me, he didnt deserve to get benched. 3 points and 3 rebounds in 5 minutes is worth more playing time, regardless of your name or age. I wish Nellie would see that.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads