The All MMA Things Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:20 pm
actually i prefer pride fighting over UFC...its just that UFC is more mainstream and has its entertaining moments. compared to Pride, UFC is weak.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:47 pm
EMan32 wrote:actually i prefer pride fighting over UFC...its just that UFC is more mainstream and has its entertaining moments. compared to Pride, UFC is weak.

You mean Pride was better than UFC. The UFC purchased their biggest competitor in March of last year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=2814235

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:19 am
yeah...thats what i meant
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:11 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:You've gotta get taste for good sports buddy :)

Hense why he doesnt like UFC. :)

UFC is the elite in fighting sports. Tune in now and then, you might learn something :wink:

I have. It is disgusting. I have better things to do with my time.

Like spam :mrgreen:

jk :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:31 am
EMan32 wrote:actually i prefer pride fighting over UFC...its just that UFC is more mainstream and has its entertaining moments. compared to Pride, UFC is weak.

Fighters who were in Pride have come to the UFC and gotten beaten countless times and have not succeeded. Only Quinton "Rampage" Jackson is the exception. Guys like Cro Cop, Nogueira, Yoshida, Rua etc. have lost almost every fight they've had in the UFC

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:55 am
migya wrote:

Fighters who were in Pride have come to the UFC and gotten beaten countless times and have not succeeded. Only Quinton "Rampage" Jackson is the exception. Guys like Cro Cop, Nogueira, Yoshida, Rua etc. have lost almost every fight they've had in the UFC

because there are more restrictions in UFC. less actual "fighting" involved. but it is what it is...it's just my preference. itd be no use trying to persuade me otherwise.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:56 am
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

UFC is the elite in fighting sports. Tune in now and then, you might learn something :wink:

I have. It is disgusting. I have better things to do with my time.

Like spam :mrgreen:

jk :wink:

i like spam! it's good with scrambled eggs and bread!...wait, we are talking bout the same spam right? haha

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:02 am
EMan32 wrote:
migya wrote:

because there are more restrictions in UFC. less actual "fighting" involved. but it is what it is...it's just my preference. itd be no use trying to persuade me otherwise.

The cage is also a big difference but I do believe the fighters are a bit better

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:39 am
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Any fighting sport without girls and mud is just not worth it. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:17 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Any fighting sport without girls and mud is just not worth it. :wink:

Take away the mud, it hides everything :mrgreen:

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:43 pm
Did anyone watch UFC 87 "Seek and Destroy" tonight

Brock Lesner owned Heath the Cowboy "Homo"

His wrestling technique was flawless and it was gameover for the Texan Cowboy when Heath landed that big punch.

I also liked GSP... His a great welterweight fighte.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:51 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Did anyone watch UFC 87 "Seek and Destroy" tonight

His wrestling technique was flawless and it was gameover for the Texan Cowboy when Heath landed that big punch.

yeah brock did own him...but he was an asshole. brock is gonna have no respect from anyone around the organization. you can pretty much tell in joe rogans voice that he was disgusted by the pony ride at the end of the match...tho it was pretty friggin hilarious.

GSP is sav...hands down...it was a pretty good fight tho...i havent seen GSP bleed like that.

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:01 am
E-Man wrote:

yeah brock did own him...but he was an asshole. brock is gonna have no respect from anyone around the organization. you can pretty much tell in joe rogans voice that he was disgusted by the pony ride at the end of the match...tho it was pretty friggin hilarious.

GSP is sav...hands down...it was a pretty good fight tho...i havent seen GSP bleed like that.

Oh i missed the last 2 rounds... cause i had to go to the airport. But did Fitch make GSP bleed? i left halfway through round 3 but it looked like Fitch made the momentum swing to his favor.

that was actually my first UFC pay per view i watched but i can understand how it's easy to get addicted too.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:04 am
E-Man wrote:

I don't think Brock is fighting for respect... not that he needs to. His job was pretty much on the line because they paid big money on him to fight in the UFC and he wasn't winning. So it looked like like Brock was on his way out if he didn't win.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:09 pm
xbay wrote:
E-Man wrote:

I don't think Brock is fighting for respect... not that he needs to. His job was pretty much on the line because they paid big money on him to fight in the UFC and he wasn't winning. So it looked like like Brock was on his way out if he didn't win.

it was only brocks first UFC fight...his 3rd MMA fight. the reason he's getting paid to be in UFC is cuz he brings the entertainment aspect to it. if you watch the match from the pre-match interviews til the post match interview, you can tell he still has that WWE brock lesnar in him. it's kind of sickening to see that it's coming to that point.

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board