Swisher traded to White Sox

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:46 am
DAMMIT!!! My man Swish was traded, furthering Oakland's destruction into oblivion. Jeez, and we only got more minor leaguers. Those guys sure better be good. But we are probably gonna be one of the worst teams in the league this year.

Any A's fans can give their thoughts about this team destruction in this thread.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:52 am
gotta love them A's...the major league farm system
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:10 am
JayPat wrote:DAMMIT!!! My man Swish was traded, furthering Oakland's destruction into oblivion. Jeez, and we only got more minor leaguers. Those guys sure better be good. But we are probably gonna be one of the worst teams in the league this year.

Any A's fans can give their thoughts about this team destruction in this thread.

We were talking about that trade quite a bit yesterday in the A's thread if you feel like reading what's already been said.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:25 am
They are rebuilding yet again. You're not going to be competitive for long if you can't or won't spend the money. That's how the sport works nowadays.
-----------------------------------
The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:03 pm
Whoops, my bad. Totally didn't notice the other thread.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:35 pm
JayPat wrote:Whoops, my bad. Totally didn't notice the other thread.

It seems like Beane is reloading. That, in itself, is exciting for any sports fan. The guy has been the master in the past, and I'd love to see a whole new crop of A's contend for the AL West again.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:06 pm
I personaly don't like Beane, I grew up a A's fan going to the Coliseum bleachers since 1976 but because of Beane I lost interest in the A's, I still would root for them though, Anyways there is a Outfield prospect named Richie Robnett from Fresno State who should make the Team this year that reminds me of a Tim Raines with pop. My buddy Chase played with him at Fresno & I saw him play alot, should be someone special..
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:15 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:It seems like Beane is reloading. That, in itself, is exciting for any sports fan.

But the problem is he will just keep rebuilding. Eventually he has to pay some of these players. I might not say that Swisher was one of them, but eventually they have to stop building players for other teams.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:58 pm
sleandres wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:It seems like Beane is reloading. That, in itself, is exciting for any sports fan.

But the problem is he will just keep rebuilding. Eventually he has to pay some of these players. I might not say that Swisher was one of them, but eventually they have to stop building players for other teams.

Without increased payroll, he'll never do anything with any players, other than build the team and rebuild the team and rebuild the team... and on and on. Only way the team wins the WS is if they get very, very lucky, kinda like the Marlins a few years back.

Pretty hard to beat a team that's spending $150 million when you spend less than $50 million.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:01 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:
sleandres wrote:

Without increased payroll, he'll never do anything with any players, other than build the team and rebuild the team and rebuild the team... and on and on. Only way the team wins the WS is if they get very, very lucky, kinda like the Marlins a few years back.

Pretty hard to beat a team that's spending $150 million when you spend less than $50 million.

in that case trade them to the giants rather than someone else in the AL :mrgreen:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:08 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:
sleandres wrote:

Well, they gotta make a profit. Hopefully the new stadium will attract more fans and allow them to spend more on their players. I wish they wouldn't be so cheap though.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:13 pm
JayPat wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:
sleandres wrote:

Well, they gotta make a profit. Hopefully the new stadium will attract more fans and allow them to spend more on their players. I wish they wouldn't be so cheap though.

the new stadium will also be closer to me! that way i dont have to leave too early to watch the giants play the a's. if only the warriors moved to fremont also. haha

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:21 pm
Hmmm...kind of 'SHOCK NEWS' for A's fans, i don't know what to say but i am sure this trade is for the future.
9 prospect young kid..WOW i am sure some of them will develop to be good players.I wish 6 out of 9 will become really good near the future.
Who knows when they move to Fremont the A's will become one of the contender teams for world series.
The different Giants and A's now is A's have more 'Hopes' to be a good team near the future than Giants , maybe because Giants still lack of young talents that's what make them different.Well, a lot people think Giants will play better in the next season without Bonds. :D

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:06 am
hmm i liked the haren move, not so much the swisher one

we're in rebuilding mode, but we couldve rebuilt around swisher as hes got a good personality and hes still pretty young. it wouldve been much smarter to trade chavez, seeing as hes injury prone and not likely to get back his offensive pop.

now that swisher's gone, there's really no point in keeping chavez. trade chavez, trade harden, trade bob crosby, trade blanton, trade street. might as well just rebuild from scratch
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:33 am
I agree. It will be hard to move Chavez, though, as his contract is big and his hitting doesn't make up for it. There's no reason to move Street, as he is still very young. I wouldn't mind dealing Crosby.
Next

Return to Sports Board