Chris Taft to Join D-League

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:13 am
Former Golden State Warrior Chris Taft is set to sign a contract with the D-League to enter the available player pool. He will join forward Brandon Wallace in the pool. Recently released by the Celtics, Wallace decided to stay home for a few weeks to become fully healthy before signing with the D-League. An undrafted rookie out of South Carolina, he made the Celtics after an impressive performance on their summer league team in Los Vegas. Taft was projected as a lottery pick at one time, but concerns about his work ethic and basketball IQ led to a drop into the second round of the 2005 draft where the Warriors nabbed him with the 42nd pick. He looked solid during his rookie year, but was forced to end the season earlier as a result of back spasms stemming from a fall he took after a dunk during the summer league. After his release from the Warriors in October of 2006, Taft sat out the season last year to rehab his back injury. If healthy, the talented big man could dominate in the D-League, but back injuries are often difficult for players to recover from, and it will likely take him time to get back into game shape.

http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/D-League-Blog/

Good to see Taft playing. I stil remember the potential he had and his good performances in short minutes the first few games of the season. He was a steal late in the first round and it ws a pitty his back didn't hold up

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:43 am
He was a second rounder, buddy... and one that most people realized he wouldn't make it in the NBA. He had potential, but lots of issues. That's why he fell.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:46 am
TMC wrote:He was a second rounder, buddy... and one that most people realized he wouldn't make it in the NBA. He had potential, but lots of issues. That's why he fell.

I thought the team had a late first rounder, that they used to get Taft, and an early second rounder, that they used to get Monta. Haven't checked though

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:51 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:He was a second rounder, buddy... and one that most people realized he wouldn't make it in the NBA. He had potential, but lots of issues. That's why he fell.

I thought the team had a late first rounder, that they used to get Taft, and an early second rounder, that they used to get Monta. Haven't checked though

Taft was the second second rounder, #42 overall. There's a reason why 41 players, some of them clearly less talented, were picked above him.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:47 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

Taft was the second second rounder, #42 overall. There's a reason why 41 players, some of them clearly less talented, were picked above him.

Yea, it was Monta at #40 and Taft at #42. Real steals for their potential and what they had shown

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:06 pm
Taft can play if he can stay healthy. He is in the same boat as Dajuan Wagner as far as that goes. The problem is staying healthy.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:33 pm
Agreed. I wouldn't call Dajuan Wagner "a steal" for the Cavs, either.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:55 pm
That's good news, I hope the best for Taft with a full recovery & another shot in the league. He showed some promise before the back injury, we will see if His back can hold up & how well he has healed after such a severe injury...
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:52 pm
Back injuries are too hard to come bk from and make an impact! I remember him hurting his back while going up for a dunk! Remember Ralph Sampson had a back injury and was never the same!

Return to News Articles