Game Thread: Warriors @ Dallas Mavericks 2008-01-02

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Will the Warriors continue their road success in Dallas?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:35 pm

100%
YES
19
No votes
NO

Total votes: 19


Rookie
Posts: 28
» Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:32 pm
NBA China on the p2p network or NBA League Pass (when they are broadcasting Warriors game ).

And some of Ws games are being broadcasted on local TV - LTV7
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:36 pm
MacGyver wrote:And some of Ws games are being broadcasted on local TV - LTV7


Is that because Biedrins is on the Warriors? The Warriors are probably a big thing there, huh?

Rookie
Posts: 28
» Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:38 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
MacGyver wrote:And some of Ws games are being broadcasted on local TV - LTV7


Is that because Biedrins is on the Warriors? The Warriors are probably a big thing there, huh?

Yes :)
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 831
» Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:19 pm
the only thing I can say about this game is ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1357
» Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:09 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:And that bad start, Miggy, was exactly what I was talking about. You can see it that they lost the game in the first six minutes... they lost all momentum. They couldnt keep the fans quiet. They played like sh*t and that cost them the whole game. They played from behind the rest of the game.

Also, early in the fourth, it was even less than six minutes. Over the course of two minutes, they went from four down to fifteen.

You can CERTAINLY lose a game in six minutes... or less.


You can. But you have to admit we didn't loose the game in the first half since we made it back to within four by the fourth.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:17 am
cladden wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:And that bad start, Miggy, was exactly what I was talking about. You can see it that they lost the game in the first six minutes... they lost all momentum. They couldnt keep the fans quiet. They played like sh*t and that cost them the whole game. They played from behind the rest of the game.

Also, early in the fourth, it was even less than six minutes. Over the course of two minutes, they went from four down to fifteen.

You can CERTAINLY lose a game in six minutes... or less.


You can. But you have to admit we didn't loose the game in the first half since we made it back to within four by the fourth.


Yeah, but Miggy and I were disagreeing about the fact that you can in fact lose a game within a six minute span.

I know that we were able to come back, and we should have won it, but, what can ya do? That was a tough loss.

All Star
Posts: 2261
» Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:21 am
sfsfsf remember migya is going off of a box score, he See's 2 3's made not the suck rally he started in the 4th, yes Baron had a bad game & Pietrus isn't the only one responsible but he led off the collapse after cutting the lead to 4 :banghead: Probably just coincidence Pietrus was in the starting lineup for the awful 1'st quarter :scratch:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2557
» Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:57 am
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:Pietrus was actually one of the best players of the team today :shock:
:mrgreen:


Miggy, are you making a joke, or are you being serious?

Pietrus, yet again, played like sh*t. Taking a lot of bad shots, bricking them all, and fouling guys twenty feet away from the basket.

I really hope you are joking....



2/3 threes shooting shiit???? No mate. 8pts, 6rebs, 1blk in 24mins is good and better than most on the team played today


He was 2/7 from the field dude. Not exactly a performance to write home about.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21898
» Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:17 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:Pietrus was actually one of the best players of the team today :shock:
:mrgreen:


Miggy, are you making a joke, or are you being serious?

Pietrus, yet again, played like sh*t. Taking a lot of bad shots, bricking them all, and fouling guys twenty feet away from the basket.

I really hope you are joking....



2/3 threes shooting shiit???? No mate. 8pts, 6rebs, 1blk in 24mins is good and better than most on the team played today


He was 2/7 from the field dude. Not exactly a performance to write home about.



But all the talk of him shooting bricks from the outside is not so here in this game. He was not great but my point has always been that he is decent in his minutes, that's all
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:18 am
nobody watching Pietrus play can be under any illusions about him - a bizarre move by Nelson to start him.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21898
» Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:33 am
coltraning wrote:nobody watching Pietrus play can be under any illusions about him - a bizarre move by Nelson to start him.



It goes back to the playoffs where the team went small against them. It was Barnes back then though
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:53 am
coltraning wrote:nobody watching Pietrus play can be under any illusions about him - a bizarre move by Nelson to start him.


Maybe trying to increase his trade value by improving his stats? (which is gonna happen if he plays more minutes).

Still, the more he plays, the more other teams see him play, the less value he has.

sfsfsfgiants wrote:J-Rich, I have been here for about five months, and I have not heard you say anything positive about any of our guys, even if they deserve some praise. You talk about Monta being a useless small guard that will never make the NBA, but are nowhere to be seen when he scores thirty. You talk about Andris being soft as hell and will never be as good as we think, but dont say anything when he goes for 18 and 15.

Can someone who has been here longer tell me if he has EVER said ANYTHING good about ANYONE on the team?


I've been here for a bit over two years now... and I still have to read a single positive post about the Dubs from him.


As for this game... sucked. Sh*t happens. We played poorly, we deserved to lose. Let's focus on the one against the Hornets.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
» Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:25 am
We know MP makes silly mistakes, but there has to be a GM out there who thinks like Migya, who sees the positives and would be willing to give him a chance for a 2nd rounder or something...

Sometimes, a change of scenary helps... By starting him, last night, perhaps, Nelly thought that it was time to showcase the Mavs and other teams what he can do... Plus we are going back hom with a winning ROAD trip AGAIN... can't complain...
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:54 am
coltraning wrote:nobody watching Pietrus play can be under any illusions about him - a bizarre move by Nelson to start him.

Nobody watching is under any illisions about him. But, as you emphasized in your post, "watching" is the key word.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1266
» Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:15 pm
Did anyone hear the radio cast of the game on KNBR 1050? Was Austin Croshere calling Biedrins "Goose" the whole time?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests