Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets @ Warriors 2008-01-04

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back at home against the Hornets?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:14 pm

YES
88%
NO
13%

Total votes : 16

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:14 pm
New Orleans Hornets (20-11) @ Golden State Warriors (19-14)

Start time 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the New Orleans Hornets
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Chris Paul
SG - Morris Peterson
SF - Peja Stojakovic
PF - David West
C - Tyson Chandler

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (22.3) | C. Paul (21.5)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.9) | T. Chandler (11.9)
APG - B. Davis (8.1) | C. Paul (10.2)
SPG - B. Davis (2.5) | C. Paul (3.0)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.4) | D. West (1.4)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:15 pm
i give us the edge cuz we're at home...this is gonna be a tough game and we'll need to play D all over the court.

warriors by 4
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:16 pm
This is a very important game for them. Playing a team very similar to theirs in terms of record and playoff competition. I think the Warriors will indeed bounce back, though, playing at home, pissed at Dallas, taking it out on poor New Orleans.

Warriors by 10.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:18 pm
Very important game. The rosters are similar and the battle of Baron v Paul should be a good one. It's a home game so I'll pick the team.

Warriors by 8

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:36 pm
Hornets have been hot as of late. Baron and CP3 are matching up and considering the All-Star situation this could be a big game. I expect them to bounce back from Dallas, especially now that we're at home.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:14 pm
W's better not drop a few games!!! The jailblazers are quickly hot on their tails! Before you know it the W's could fall to the 8th or 9th spot...
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:23 pm
i'll be at the game...

but i don't think we'll pull this one off. :oops:
http://www.emceet.com | http://www.myspace.com/emceet | good times & bad, go warriors. | @emceet
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:37 pm
Baron will have a huge bounce back game on Friday and the warriors will follow his lead

Don Nelson will have the team fired up and ready for this one

I plan on the warriors blowing out the gates and taking a double digit lead in the first quarter
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:44 pm
Home game always good for us....i think we will pull out this game and Baron will bounce back from bad play against MAVS.
C.Paul is good but Baron is too big for him.I am pretty confidence this one and W's by 14 :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:53 pm
J-Rich wrote:W's better not drop a few games!!! The jailblazers are quickly hot on their tails! Before you know it the W's could fall to the 8th or 9th spot...

Well, considering we just went 2-1 on the road against the elite of the Western Conference, we're pretty safe. And Portland won't continue to win like that. They'll fall back into their normal position.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:56 am
I can't wait to see this game. I really like the team the Hornets have. Good inside players, decent players on the wings, a top PG in Paul. Should be a good one.

As we'll be at home and trying to bounce back from the loss at Dallas, I'll say Dubs by 5.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:56 am
The Warriors starters beat them in 4 out of 5 positions... and the 5th position is tied.

We should take it. Baron always puts his game face on against the Hornets... and he's coming off an uncharacteristically terrible showing in Dallas.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:59 am
32 wrote:The Warriors starters beat them in 4 out of 5 positions... and the 5th position is tied.

I don't know about that. I'd take any of their inside guys above ours. And CP is good enough to go against Baron and make you doubt. Of course, we beat them on the SG and SF positions, but not anywhere else.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:05 am
Al Harrington > David West

I agree that Biedrins and Chandler are probably a toss-up (hell, I'd probably take Chandler, given the choice), but David West can't compare to Harrington. Al can explode for 40 points on any given night. West nets most of his points off a Chris Paul dish.

And I truly don't think Paul is better than Baron. As good? Sure. But better? Hell no.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:36 am
32 wrote:Al Harrington > David West

I agree that Biedrins and Chandler are probably a toss-up (hell, I'd probably take Chandler, given the choice), but David West can't compare to Harrington. Al can explode for 40 points on any given night. West nets most of his points off a Chris Paul dish.

And I truly don't think Paul is better than Baron. As good? Sure. But better? Hell no.

David West is precisely the guy I had in mind. I think he's a better player than Harrington, or equal at least. He may benefit from playing with Paul, but Al should also benefit from playing with Baron (btw, I do agree that Baron and Paul are on a similar level... I'd take Baron for the last few minutes, tho. At least this year), so it kinda minimizes the effect of having a great PG to increase their respective stats.

As for West and Al exploding for 40 point games, it has already happened for West (once, which doesn't mean much), but not for Al. West has also had 2 more games over 30 points, just 1 by Harrington. As for games over 20 points, West has achieved that in 11 more games (not counting the previous ones) for just 7 by Harrington.

West is also the better rebounder and shot-blocker. And West has ended 15 games with double figures, for just 3 by Al.

Of course, Al has his benefits over West, like being a better shooter, with a longer range, and it's also debatable if West would be a better fit for our system.

There's another detail that makes me doubt, and that's that West plays almost 10 minutes more per game than Al, which skews the stats comparison in favor of West, but I still think West is a slightly better player. Equal, at least.

Now that I see it, it's odd, as I had the impression that Al was playing more... Not much, but around 30-32 minutes.
Next

Return to Game Threads