Warrior Nation would be happier if Pietrus was on a Island.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


All Star
Posts: 2261
» Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:32 pm
Janny Hu

Tuesday, January 1, 2008


Mickael Pietrus can't predict what his new year will hold, but he won't complain if it is not in Oakland.

"What would be best for me?" Pietrus repeated when asked about potential trade destinations. "Closer to the West Indies."

The fifth-year forward is again eligible for a new home today, three months after grudgingly re-signing with the Warriors for a one-year, $3.47 million qualifier on Oct. 1.

Pietrus must agree to any trade because he would lose his Bird rights, which allow a team to sign him without regard to its salary-cap situation. Both he and his representatives say they would green-light a move if it meant more playing time and security.

"Mike's not going to say no to something that's going to help him," agent Happy Walters said. "We're still trying on our end to make something work. Mike's not getting a lot of minutes now, a lot of shots, and he's a lot more talented that he's being used."

Pietrus' numbers are down in every category from last season's career highs, but his last two games have been encouraging. The undersized power forward had seven points and a steal in 11 minutes trying to defend the Yao Ming on Monday and put in an all-around game with four points, four rebounds and two steals against the Nuggets on Sunday.

Over the summer, Pietrus listed Miami, Cleveland and Dallas as teams for which he wanted to play. Toronto and Orlando were also among teams interested. The underachieving Heat - who meet Pietrus' desire to be closer to his home in Guadeloupe in the French Caribbean - reportedly are trying to move Smush Parker, but indications are that the Warriors are not interested in the guard.

Bench delivers: The Warriors finally got a nice outing from what has become a three-man bench, with Kelenna Azubuike (13 points, five rebounds, two assists) and Matt Barnes (nine points, six rebounds, three assists, two steals) joining Pietrus in the production increase.
Last edited by O.G. Broe on Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:52 am
O.G. Broe wrote:Over the summer, Pietrus listed Miami, Cleveland and Dallas as teams for which he wanted to play. Toronto and Orlando were also among teams interested. The underachieving Heat - who meet Pietrus' desire to be closer to his home in Guadeloupe in the French Caribbean - reportedly are trying to move Smush Parker, but indications are that the Warriors are not interested in the guard.


He wants to move closer to Guadaloupe and he listed Cleveland among the teams he wanted to play for?.


btw, does he realize he has no choice than to go where the Warriors want or wait til the offseason to sign anywhere else?

All Star
Posts: 3310
» Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:59 am
hahaha...smush....i cant help but laugh at the idea of smush coming here
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:16 am
I'd be happy with Smush. Anything for Pietrus is gravy.

If we can't swing that Stoudamire trade with Memphis, I'd pull the trigger on this one. Smush isn't a playmaker, but he's a streaky-hot scorer that's capable of dropping 20 on any given night. He's not an ideal backup, but he's a definite upgrade over Pietrus.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:29 pm
32 wrote:I'd be happy with Smush. Anything for Pietrus is gravy.

If we can't swing that Stoudamire trade with Memphis, I'd pull the trigger on this one. Smush isn't a playmaker, but he's a streaky-hot scorer that's capable of dropping 20 on any given night. He's not an ideal backup, but he's a definite upgrade over Pietrus.


I thought his contract was bad, but turns out that he's only signed for this season, as next year is a team option. I'd like this move.

The salaries do not work, so Miami would have to add a couple more million in salaries... maybe Zo's expiring contract, as Zo won't play again. That would work under the cap and would solve our problem at PG... for this year, at least.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:03 pm
"This year" is fine with me. We have three major resigns coming up, so refusing to commit to long-term money is fine with me.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1558
» Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:23 am
32, I agree. Anyone other than Pietrus sounds good. Now if that player happens to be an actual PG (instead of a combo guard, which we have in Monta) that is even better.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1266
» Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:19 pm
The title could also read like this:

Warrior Nation says they'd be happier if Pietrus was with a team nearer to the islands

All Star
Posts: 2261
» Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:44 pm
Thunder wrote:The title could also read like this:

Warrior Nation says they'd be happier if Pietrus was with a team nearer to the islands
Fixed that title :mrgreen:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1558
» Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:18 pm
TMC wrote:
O.G. Broe wrote:Over the summer, Pietrus listed Miami, Cleveland and Dallas as teams for which he wanted to play. Toronto and Orlando were also among teams interested. The underachieving Heat - who meet Pietrus' desire to be closer to his home in Guadeloupe in the French Caribbean - reportedly are trying to move Smush Parker, but indications are that the Warriors are not interested in the guard.


He wants to move closer to Guadaloupe and he listed Cleveland among the teams he wanted to play for?.


btw, does he realize he has no choice than to go where the Warriors want or wait til the offseason to sign anywhere else?


I wonder if he'll still think he is worth the full MLE :roll: He is clueless
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:21 pm
He's not even worth the minimum. At least, I wouldn't sign him for the minimum, unless I needed someone to keep on the bench so my team could reach 12 players.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:07 am
Pietrus is an energy player. He can either ignite a run such as the one against New Orleans with the block shot on Peja or kill the tempo such as making a stupid foul and putting on the "NO I DIDN'T! DID I REALLY?" act.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1768
» Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:19 pm
If Pietrus really like island, well i know one place is the best for him...

ALCATRAZ

Image
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1558
» Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:12 pm
GSW United wrote:If Pietrus really like island, well i know one place is the best for him...

ALCATRAZ

Image


thanks for making me laugh...I had been having a horrible day! ::lol:
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 116
» Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:14 pm
Smush holds a player option for the 2nd year of his contract and already said that he intends on exercising it. He's trouble, so I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole. He has nothing to offer to the team. The "look, Kobe got me a fat contract" guy should just stay where he is.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests