NBA Legends 2nd Edition: DONE (DROPPING DOWN)

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:34 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
I still don't think Chris Paul goes higher, he shouldn't have been picked last season (no offense JPat) because he just hadn't done enough and was too new. He could be picked in this draft but I really think that players that have only played a few seasons (like three to five) have to have played at a very high level and for the whole time, like Lebron and to a lesser extent, Wade (his rookie season was not great by any stretch)

I agree Chris Paul shouldn't have been drafted last time.

I think Dwight Howard gets drafted this time because he's gone from a future star to one of the five leading MVP candidates this year.

I think that no player with less than 5 seasons in his career should be available for a legends draft. Who knows what may happen to their careers?. They may look great now, but that doesn't make them legends. They need to perform at that level for several years to achieve that status.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:03 am
TMC wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
I still don't think Chris Paul goes higher, he shouldn't have been picked last season (no offense JPat) because he just hadn't done enough and was too new. He could be picked in this draft but I really think that players that have only played a few seasons (like three to five) have to have played at a very high level and for the whole time, like Lebron and to a lesser extent, Wade (his rookie season was not great by any stretch)

I agree Chris Paul shouldn't have been drafted last time.

I think Dwight Howard gets drafted this time because he's gone from a future star to one of the five leading MVP candidates this year.

I think that no player with less than 5 seasons in his career should be available for a legends draft. Who knows what may happen to their careers?. They may look great now, but that doesn't make them legends. They need to perform at that level for several years to achieve that status.

Lebron is the only exception as he has been alltime elite since he arrived

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:31 am
Actually guys, I just realised that the time I gave to start the draft is at about 4am in Oakland so what we'll do is start it at 9am Oakland time, so in about 8 hours. I may not be on here then but I'm not first in the draft order so the draft can start. Another thing, I don't know if all the guys in this draft are home or on holidays, a possibility as it is holiday time. We'll soon find out and if someone is not here, we'll try to replace him or if we all agree, we can wait a few days.

Everyone was given a number to be used in the random selection process by the generator on the random.org site and they are as follows:

migya (1)
TMC (2)
coltraning (3)
Pest (4)
xbay (5)
Thunder (6)
JPat (7)

Generator result:

So the order of this years legends redistro is:
1.JPat
2.xbay
3.coltraning
4.migya
5.TMC
6.Thunder
7.Pest

I'll put this information in my first post in this thread, along with the picks by round as they go

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:30 am
Coaches are picked first in the order of the first round and the first round of player picking is also in the order of the Round 1 picking (that is how we did it last year). So JPat is first to pick a coach and he will be the first to pick a player in round 1, then we alternate, as I've listed below.

don't you think we should pick the coaches afterwards so we know what kind of team we have?
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:40 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
Coaches are picked first in the order of the first round and the first round of player picking is also in the order of the Round 1 picking (that is how we did it last year). So JPat is first to pick a coach and he will be the first to pick a player in round 1, then we alternate, as I've listed below.

don't you think we should pick the coaches afterwards so we know what kind of team we have?

Very good point as thatstuffed some of us last year. That's exactly what we'll do :wink:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:24 am
Cool. I would have liked to have more people, but seven will do...

IF ANYBODY WANTS TO JOIN BEFORE WE START THE DRAFT, YOU STILL CAN DO IT, ALTHOUGH YOU'LL GET THE LAST PICK.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:11 am
TMC wrote:Cool. I would have liked to have more people, but seven will do...

IF ANYBODY WANTS TO JOIN BEFORE WE START THE DRAFT, YOU STILL CAN DO IT, ALTHOUGH YOU'LL GET THE LAST PICK.

I've personally asked EMan, as he seems to know his stuff so hopefullt he will respond in the next few hours. Even numbered teams would be nice but if it stays at seven, that's alright

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:18 am
sorry im late. im down
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:23 am
EMan32 wrote:sorry im late. im down

You're down???? You been shot???? Quick, someone call the ambulance!!!!

:mrgreen:

Good to have you in! You'll pick last though but it is like fantasy league draft, the order is reversed for the second round and even numbered rounds :wink:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:25 am
Great that you decided to join, EMan. Should be fun. :thumbup:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:50 am
So JPat, you make your pick as soon as you are on here. You guys keep picking then I'll pick when I get on here

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:52 am
Ok. I have edited the subject of the topic, so JayPat can see it as soon as he logs in.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:59 pm
I bet the top 6 are the exact same as last year.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:01 pm
Thunder wrote:I bet the top 6 are the exact same as last year.

Yeah, and there won't be many changes in the first few rounds...
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:08 pm
I pick MJ.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball