Game Thread: Warriors @ Denver Nuggets 2007-12-30

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back and take one in Denver?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:31 pm

YES
10
77%
NO
3
23%
 
Total votes : 13


All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:01 pm
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:Thanks for clearing it. Feels good to know it wasn't only a bad night by AI.


They did report that AI was abit under the weather.................so maybe not just down to switching Baron onto him instead of Jax the other night....................but what the hell!!! we will say it was Baron.


Gee... thanks for bursting my bubble, Bigstrads. :mrgreen:


think of it this way...MJ was full on SICK with the flu against the jazz in the finals and they couldnt stop him from puttin up 40. AI "under the weather" and scores only 12.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:30 pm
EMan32 wrote:
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:Thanks for clearing it. Feels good to know it wasn't only a bad night by AI.


They did report that AI was abit under the weather.................so maybe not just down to switching Baron onto him instead of Jax the other night....................but what the hell!!! we will say it was Baron.


Gee... thanks for bursting my bubble, Bigstrads. :mrgreen:


think of it this way...MJ was full on SICK with the flu against the jazz in the finals and they couldnt stop him from puttin up 40. AI "under the weather" and scores only 12.



There is only one MJ and not many players in history put up a performance like that one :wink:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:25 am
migya wrote:
EMan32 wrote:
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:Thanks for clearing it. Feels good to know it wasn't only a bad night by AI.


They did report that AI was abit under the weather.................so maybe not just down to switching Baron onto him instead of Jax the other night....................but what the hell!!! we will say it was Baron.


Gee... thanks for bursting my bubble, Bigstrads. :mrgreen:


think of it this way...MJ was full on SICK with the flu against the jazz in the finals and they couldnt stop him from puttin up 40. AI "under the weather" and scores only 12.



There is only one MJ and not many players in history put up a performance like that one :wink:


yeah but still..we're talkin 2 of the top 3 scoring leaders of all time. holding ai to 12 points on 2 of 12 shooting is ownage.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:37 am
EMan32 wrote:
migya wrote:
EMan32 wrote:
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:Thanks for clearing it. Feels good to know it wasn't only a bad night by AI.


They did report that AI was abit under the weather.................so maybe not just down to switching Baron onto him instead of Jax the other night....................but what the hell!!! we will say it was Baron.


Gee... thanks for bursting my bubble, Bigstrads. :mrgreen:


think of it this way...MJ was full on SICK with the flu against the jazz in the finals and they couldnt stop him from puttin up 40. AI "under the weather" and scores only 12.



There is only one MJ and not many players in history put up a performance like that one :wink:


yeah but still..we're talkin 2 of the top 3 scoring leaders of all time. holding ai to 12 points on 2 of 12 shooting is ownage.



But Iverson has more off games nowadays than he did a few years ago, when he was a bit better. Baron obviously played some defense on him and the team as a whole as well, so it wasn't just Iverson
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:56 am
migya wrote:
EMan32 wrote:
migya wrote:
EMan32 wrote:
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:Thanks for clearing it. Feels good to know it wasn't only a bad night by AI.


They did report that AI was abit under the weather.................so maybe not just down to switching Baron onto him instead of Jax the other night....................but what the hell!!! we will say it was Baron.


Gee... thanks for bursting my bubble, Bigstrads. :mrgreen:


think of it this way...MJ was full on SICK with the flu against the jazz in the finals and they couldnt stop him from puttin up 40. AI "under the weather" and scores only 12.



There is only one MJ and not many players in history put up a performance like that one :wink:


yeah but still..we're talkin 2 of the top 3 scoring leaders of all time. holding ai to 12 points on 2 of 12 shooting is ownage.



But Iverson has more off games nowadays than he did a few years ago, when he was a bit better. Baron obviously played some defense on him and the team as a whole as well, so it wasn't just Iverson


yeah...thats pretty much what my point was :wink: ...the fact that baron played D on him rather than ai being "sick"
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:39 pm
As much as I would like to give BD all the credit, BD, himself, did not shut down AI. No one really can. BD played good D, but we played a lot of zone, and there was always help (even DJ in his short stint), and we really contested all shots inside. He seemed sluggish and couldn’t finish--even that one play where he just blew by BD, or that one drive where he wasn't even touched. Clearly, this was not same AI as the one who trounced us the other night.

And I can’t make that MJ to AI comparison with their illnesses and effect on games, either, because the situations are completely different; one is the finals, the other is regular season game. Also, you have the altitude in Denver just after a fierce track-meet in Oakland, so that could have factored in, as well. And as for the drama/publicity with MJ in the NBA finals against a “meaningless game,” there’s no contest.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:43 pm
CjR wrote:And I can’t make that MJ to AI comparison with their illnesses and effect on games, either, because the situations are completely different; one is the finals, the other is regular season game. Also, you have the altitude in Denver just after a fierce track-meet in Oakland, so that could have factored in, as well. And as for the drama/publicity with MJ in the NBA finals against a “meaningless game,” there’s no contest.



Iverson has played through pain and injuries many times in his career so he is definately a warrior in that respect
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:59 pm
migya wrote:
CjR wrote:And I can’t make that MJ to AI comparison with their illnesses and effect on games, either, because the situations are completely different; one is the finals, the other is regular season game. Also, you have the altitude in Denver just after a fierce track-meet in Oakland, so that could have factored in, as well. And as for the drama/publicity with MJ in the NBA finals against a “meaningless game,” there’s no contest.


Iverson has played through pain and injuries many times in his career so he is definately a warrior in that respect


Yeah, and my point is no one can really stop AI, except himself. He’s too fast, too low, too shifty, and too skilled.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:02 pm
CjR wrote:
migya wrote:
CjR wrote:And I can’t make that MJ to AI comparison with their illnesses and effect on games, either, because the situations are completely different; one is the finals, the other is regular season game. Also, you have the altitude in Denver just after a fierce track-meet in Oakland, so that could have factored in, as well. And as for the drama/publicity with MJ in the NBA finals against a “meaningless game,” there’s no contest.


Iverson has played through pain and injuries many times in his career so he is definately a warrior in that respect


Yeah, and my point is no one can really stop AI, except himself. He’s too fast, too low, too shifty, and too skilled.



Agree with you 100%
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron