YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 12

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:32 pm
Golden State Warriors (18-13) @ Houston Rockets (15-15)

Start time 4:00 PM PST @ The Toyota Center

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Matt Barnes
C - Al Harrington

Probable starters for the Houston Rockets
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Rafer Alston
SG - Bonzi Wells
SF - Shane Battier
PF - Chuck Hayes
C - Yao Ming

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (22.1) | T. McGrady (22.8)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.8) | Y. Ming (10.7)
APG - B. Davis (8.1) | T. McGrady (5.1)
SPG - B. Davis (2.5) | T. McGrady (1.2)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.4) | Y. Ming (2.3)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:34 pm
I would think Nelson would go small against the Rockets. McGrady apparently will miss this game, so I expect them to double-triple team Yao all night.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:36 pm
The Warriors should dominate this game. Harrington and Jackson will shut down Yao, and everyone else can matchup with their man. We will be fine. The biggest key to the game, for me, is not giving up the three point shot. DO NOT let Luther Head, Shane Battier, guys like that beat you. Guard them tight. No McGrady will just put this game out of the window.

Warriors by 17.
Last edited by sfsfsfgiants on Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:40 pm
If TMac isn't playing, this should be a win and an important one it will be because it will put Houston further behind the team and maybe move the team up a spot in the standings.

Warriors by 15

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:46 pm
I think we can grab this one, man it feels good to confidently say that we should expect to win back to back games on the road. I say if TMac doesn't play we will dominate this team once again, as we have been able to make Yao Ming a nonfactor the last few times we played vs him.
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:57 pm
Haha, I wanna say we should win this handily but the warriors have trained me to be scared shitless about back to backs.

Im still gonna say we bring home the W with a little swarming D on Yao from Al and company.

By the way anyone think nelly gave Al a little less burn tonight so that he would be good to go tomorrow?
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:03 pm
As everyone else has said, no TMac...no problem. We can doulbe or even triple team Yao. Let bums like Bonzi Wells and Luis Scola attempt a career night. We should be able to run all the way out of the building and into the American Airlines Center
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:31 pm
Dubs4life wrote:By the way anyone think nelly gave Al a little less burn tonight so that he would be good to go tomorrow?

I'm sure that was part of his reasoning, yeah. He needs all the energy he can muster to guard Yao. He is one big SOB, man. Good luck to him. He has done it so well since he has come here, I cant imagine him not being able to do it again.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:04 pm
TMac is actually projected to return for this game. if he does we'll have a tougher time containing him than yao. if not then i see the warriors winning. however either way i dont see this game being terribly easy as its the ass end of a back to back and baron n jax played a pretty deep game today.

in any case...i say dubs by 5
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:07 pm
Nellie will do the same thing again against Rockets...put AL on YAO all the time and make Yao turnovers.

Just tell AL to say 'Lung te Chuan ren' to Yao and Yao will understand that...hahahahaha

W's by 9
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:21 pm
EMan32 wrote:TMac is actually projected to return for this game. if he does we'll have a tougher time containing him than yao. if not then i see the warriors winning. however either way i dont see this game being terribly easy as its the ass end of a back to back and baron n jax played a pretty deep game today.

Where did you hear that T-Mac is coming back?

If he isnt back in the lineup, I say Warriors by 17.
If he is back in the lineup, I say Warriors by 5.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:25 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
EMan32 wrote:TMac is actually projected to return for this game. if he does we'll have a tougher time containing him than yao. if not then i see the warriors winning. however either way i dont see this game being terribly easy as its the ass end of a back to back and baron n jax played a pretty deep game today.

Where did you hear that T-Mac is coming back?

If he isnt back in the lineup, I say Warriors by 17.
If he is back in the lineup, I say Warriors by 5.

yahoo sports...not exactly the MOST reliable...but its not like i cant trust it...

McGrady missed the second half of the Rockets' 97-92 loss to Orlando on Dec. 19 with soreness in the knee. He sat out Houston's loss to Denver the next night. He played a total of 50 minutes in Houston's last two games. An MRI exam performed on Monday revealed swollen tendons in the knee, but no structural damage. McGrady is expected to return for Houston's game against Golden State on New Year's Eve.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:28 pm
Did it say if it was a game that he would get significant playing time or is it a game that he is just getting back into the hang of things? Either way, he is going to be cold and wont play too well, in my opinion. I dont think we will have a whole lot of trouble, no matter what happens.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:33 pm
Houston Chronicle
Though officially listed as "day-to-day" and out tonight against the Warriors, Rockets' guard Tracy McGrady said his time away to rehabilitate a sore left knee likely will be measured in weeks rather than days.

McGrady, 28, said Sunday he has been told he could miss three weeks because of a "deep bone bruise." He missed games last week against the Grizzlies and Raptors and doubts he will play Wednesday against the Celtics or Friday against the Magic.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:38 pm
:shock: Great, two different reports saying two different things.... really helpful. :roll: :wink:
Next

Return to Game Threads