if it was with any decent team, that performancy would guarantee a win
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:55 pm
slicksteven wrote:id hafta go with wade's game on this one

the pts are gold, but he only missed 5 fg on his way to nearly 50 points

in other words he shot as much as baron does, but got twice the pts

Or if D Wade were a team leader, he could make the players around him better...like Baron
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:15 pm
sleandres wrote:

Or if D Wade were a team leader, he could make the players around him better...like Baron

Oh come on, Wade is a total leader. He is the reason for a guy like Haslem's career and averages about 7 assists.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:57 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
sleandres wrote:

Oh come on, Wade is a total leader. He is the reason for a guy like Haslem's career and averages about 7 assists.

That's right, Wade is a total leader, his team is just a disgrace of a so called professional basketball team at the moment. Strange Riley hasn't made significant changes yet, though the trade getting RDavis was a good one

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:00 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:Wade's monster game came on incredible shooting, as I wrote, and he also got 3 steals and 3 blocks. Can't see a better game by anyone this season and he didn't have anyone like Ilgauskas next to him

Lebron had a better game already this season...And having decent players next to him hurts lebron's stats (in everything but assists), it doesn't help them.

What game was that that Lebron had that you think is better?

Having real talented team mates MAY only hurt your stats if you have alot of them, thus giving you a talented team around you and the stats to be more evenly distributed. Lebron does not have that! He has Big Z and a couple of pretty good players (Gooden and Gibson) and they may get him a couple more assists, nothing else, he has to carry them like a forklift carries over one tonne pallets

When Lebron got 39-14-13 (also in a loss to orlando) that was a somewhat more impressive game, especially since he has guys like Gooden, Z, and Varejao to take away his rebounds and points, whereas Wade has nobody in his way to take away his points.

As I said in my previous post before you made this one, Wade has it harder because he has less talent. Lebron is surrounded with decent enough talent and not enough to take away from him

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:41 pm
migya wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:Wade's monster game came on incredible shooting, as I wrote, and he also got 3 steals and 3 blocks. Can't see a better game by anyone this season and he didn't have anyone like Ilgauskas next to him

Lebron had a better game already this season...And having decent players next to him hurts lebron's stats (in everything but assists), it doesn't help them.

Having real talented team mates MAY only hurt your stats if you have alot of them, thus giving you a talented team around you and the stats to be more evenly distributed. Lebron does not have that! He has Big Z and a couple of pretty good players (Gooden and Gibson) and they may get him a couple more assists, nothing else, he has to carry them like a forklift carries over one tonne pallets

When Lebron got 39-14-13 (also in a loss to orlando) that was a somewhat more impressive game, especially since he has guys like Gooden, Z, and Varejao to take away his rebounds and points, whereas Wade has nobody in his way to take away his points.

As I said in my previous post before you made this one, Wade has it harder because he has less talent. Lebron is surrounded with decent enough talent and not enough to take away from him

I don't see how having bad teammates can hurt your stats (with the exception of assists)
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:56 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

I don't see how having bad teammates can hurt your stats (with the exception of assists)

Because you have to fight through triple and quadruple teams all the time. Lebron has to face similar defense but the opposition knows they have to stay with Ilgauskas and Gibson or they wil go off on them.

Wade has it harder and the fact he played as good as he did that game makes it better than anything Lebron or anyone else for that matter has done in a game all season.

Dwight is another one that has had some monster games but not quite as big as Wade's

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:50 pm
sleandres wrote:

for all we know, hes probably already be making them better
but maybe they just suck to begin with

anyway, the heat's poor performance is due to the players' lack of motivation..and you cant just blame wade for his teammates' decisions
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:16 am
slicksteven wrote:
sleandres wrote:

for all we know, hes probably already be making them better
but maybe they just suck to begin with

anyway, the heat's poor performance is due to the players' lack of motivation..and you cant just blame wade for his teammates' decisions

True...but if they had a great record, or managed to turn this year around, he would get all of the credit. I will not take anything away from him, he is extremley talented (obviously) but the leader takes the Heat (no pun intended :mrgreen: ) when the team is doing poorly...or in this case horribly

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:47 pm
yup but that's only when the leader doesnt put in his all. if he's doing all he's can to turn around the ship but none of the crew follows along, you cant really blame him for the team's misfortunes
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:34 pm
slicksteven wrote:yup but that's only when the leader doesnt put in his all. if he's doing all he's can to turn around the ship but none of the crew follows along, you cant really blame him for the team's misfortunes

It's not really blaming, but as the leader he is in the frefront of the team. A great stat line always loooks better when your team wins...thats really all I was saying, I'm not a Wade hater or anything
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:15 pm
Well, we have a challenger: Lebron James today poured in 51 points, 9 assists, 8 rebounds, and 3 steals in 5 less minutes than wade put up 48-11-7-3-3.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:24 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Well, we have a challenger: Lebron James today poured in 51 points, 9 assists, 8 rebounds, and 3 steals in 5 less minutes than wade put up 48-11-7-3-3.

Still think Wade had a better game, though not by much. He blocked three shots to Lebron's one and the biggest thing is he shot much better, going 16/21 FGs to Lebron's 18/28 FGs and 16/23 FTs to Lebron's 9/16 FTs

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:11 am
16 points off free throws doesn't impress me. Just tells me he was getting his usual, BS, Dwayne Wade calls. Chip his foul shooting off his total and you get a 32 point game. Not so amazing looking now.

I also agree with Pest. LeBron has capable rebounders around him, making it tougher for him to get boards. Wade doesn't. LeBron has capable scorers around him, so he doesn't need to score 30 points every night. Wade does.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:26 am
migya wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Well, we have a challenger: Lebron James today poured in 51 points, 9 assists, 8 rebounds, and 3 steals in 5 less minutes than wade put up 48-11-7-3-3.

Still think Wade had a better game, though not by much. He blocked three shots to Lebron's one and the biggest thing is he shot much better, going 16/21 FGs to Lebron's 18/28 FGs and 16/23 FTs to Lebron's 9/16 FTs

Wade also couldn't win the game for his team. Lebron got 9 points in overtime. Also, Wade played 5 more minutes. In that time, the way he was playing, Lebron would have gotten like 55-10-10
ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board