NBA Legends 2nd Edition: DONE (DROPPING DOWN)

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:44 am
Last call. In 24 hours we start the draft so anyone else who wants in, you have 24 hours

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:51 am
Just to make things clear, we'll make another legends one, not current players, right?

I'm saying so because the legends one will be pretty similar to the one we did last year, while the current players might differ more.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:56 am
This is a legends redistro.

We can have a current players redistro but the way we did it last time was to pick players to form a team in the offseason BEFORE the season, thus like a prediction of what would happen by the following season's end

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:59 am
migya wrote:We can have a current players redistro but the way we did it last time was to pick players to form a team in the offseason BEFORE the season, thus like a prediction of what would happen by the following season's end

Yeah, I'm just saying that the current players one would be somewhat different than the one we did last year (lots of players have been disappointing and wouldn't even be picked, while others would make it, and even in high rounds), while the legends draft won't have many changes. I mean, nobody has achieved legend status overnight...

No prob, tho. We might do another one later if enough people is interested.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:07 am
We can do that other draft.

Legends draft will be a bit different and should be fun

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:50 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:We can have a current players redistro but the way we did it last time was to pick players to form a team in the offseason BEFORE the season, thus like a prediction of what would happen by the following season's end

Yeah, I'm just saying that the current players one would be somewhat different than the one we did last year (lots of players have been disappointing and wouldn't even be picked, while others would make it, and even in high rounds), while the legends draft won't have many changes. I mean, nobody has achieved legend status overnight...

No prob, tho. We might do another one later if enough people is interested.

Yeah, the only things I can see changing is that Lebron will probably move up a few picks, Chris Paul will probably move way up the list, and Dwight Howard will at least be picked.
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:42 pm
Are we still doing the thing where we pick three seasons of his career? Cause that would hurt D. Howard considerably.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:53 pm
Nah, I don't have the time or connections with whatifsports to do the simulations anymore.

Should we agree now to just do the drafting based on how good they were around their peak?
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:55 pm
Sure, I'd be cool with that.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:25 pm
Those simulations sucked anyway.

We can do a deep comparison of teams by using their best season for one comparison and then career averages or production over a three to five year period (the best three to five year period of each player ofcourse) as well.

We can ask other posters on here and other sites for their opinion and get a general consensus even.

Either way, it is an interesting activity, especially to see the different eras and how we rate them by players picked.

I still don't think Chris Paul goes higher, he shouldn't have been picked last season (no offense JPat) because he just hadn't done enough and was too new. He could be picked in this draft but I really think that players that have only played a few seasons (like three to five) have to have played at a very high level and for the whole time, like Lebron and to a lesser extent, Wade (his rookie season was not great by any stretch)

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:48 pm
I still don't think Chris Paul goes higher, he shouldn't have been picked last season (no offense JPat) because he just hadn't done enough and was too new. He could be picked in this draft but I really think that players that have only played a few seasons (like three to five) have to have played at a very high level and for the whole time, like Lebron and to a lesser extent, Wade (his rookie season was not great by any stretch)

I agree Chris Paul shouldn't have been drafted last time.

I think Dwight Howard gets drafted this time because he's gone from a future star to one of the five leading MVP candidates this year.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:15 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

I agree Chris Paul shouldn't have been drafted last time.

I think Dwight Howard gets drafted this time because he's gone from a future star to one of the five leading MVP candidates this year.

Still, he is only a superstar this season and hasn't been for any other, so you get only one legend like season from him, not enough for him to be included in this

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:54 pm
What exactly is it?
Cuban Don't Hate APPRECIATE!!!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:08 pm
GS_run_n_gun5 wrote:What exactly is it?

I'm not going to explain it again, go through this thread and the other "redistro of legends thread" that we did last season (it is still on the first page of the Warriors forum) and you wil understand.

Also, you are new here so if you want to be part of this if you have to commit to being here every day because the draft will take a few days to do and we can't have any hold ups.

If you want in, go and read up on what this is and come back and say you want in in less than 7 hours time because that is when I'll get the draft order and we start this draft

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:53 pm
Actually guys since it is New Year's eve and I'm going out to celebrate in a few hours, we'll do this tomorrow, so in about 30 hours, so not 24 hours from when I said so at the top of this page but 48 hours :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball