Wade's performance probably the most monster this season

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:44 am
Wade just had a monster game against the Magic and it looks like the most monster game by any player this season.

Game Stats:
48 points on 16/21 FGs and 16/23 FTs, 11 assists, 7 rebounds, 3 steals and 3 blocks, as well as 5 turnovers

Incredible allround game and he almost took his team to a win, even though his team is shiit and Shaq was injured.

Wade seems to be fighting a losing battle with that team and if they were even at 50%, he could be another candidate for MVP

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:33 am
And still was a loss... which doesn't say much for the rest of Miami's roster.

Still, I'd take several of Lebron's performances during the first month above this one. Lebron had a 39 points, 13 boards and 14 assists game against Orlando earlier this season. I consider that as a far better performance than Wade's, as impressive as this one is.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:54 am
ive hated the heat for the last 5 years or so...

but this year they've been that bad i kinda root for them secretly out of sympathy!!!

Shaq is gonna retire as a has been/
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:54 pm
TMC wrote:And still was a loss... which doesn't say much for the rest of Miami's roster.

Still, I'd take several of Lebron's performances during the first month above this one. Lebron had a 39 points, 13 boards and 14 assists game against Orlando earlier this season. I consider that as a far better performance than Wade's, as impressive as this one is.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Lebron is the first guy since wilt to put up 39-13-14 in a game.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Wade's monster game came on incredible shooting, as I wrote, and he also got 3 steals and 3 blocks. Can't see a better game by anyone this season and he didn't have anyone like Ilgauskas next to him

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:40 am
I'd sign Shaq to a half decent contract for a yr or two!!! He can still provide a presence down low! You just have to give him to ball once in awhile or throw a doggie bone there down in the post!

He would provide a good 15-20 minutes a game and prevent the Jazz players from posting us up!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:41 am
Oh my god, what has the world come to that we are asking for Shaq? To sum it up: no. He is a slow piece of crap that cant run with the Heat, let alone the Warriors.

*Edited* Oooh, 2700 posts. :bday:

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:42 am
Yeah, I would resign Shaq to a 2 yr 16-20 million $ contract! We don't need his scoring just his presence down low!!! A few block shots and a workout partner for AB!!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:44 am
A few blocked shots and a buddy for Andris isnt worth 18 million dollars. That is exactly what Mbenga is. :roll:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:18 am
migya wrote:Wade's monster game came on incredible shooting, as I wrote, and he also got 3 steals and 3 blocks. Can't see a better game by anyone this season and he didn't have anyone like Ilgauskas next to him

Lebron had a better game already this season...And having decent players next to him hurts lebron's stats (in everything but assists), it doesn't help them.
ImageImage
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:42 am
Also wanted to point out that DWades 48 points came in 4 quarters of basketball...

the dude scored no points in overtime (COACH DIDN'T CALL HIS NUMBERS)

averaging 12 points a Quarter is impiressive in any league... That's a point a minute if you ain't done the basic math.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:02 am
migya wrote:Wade's monster game came on incredible shooting, as I wrote, and he also got 3 steals and 3 blocks. Can't see a better game by anyone this season and he didn't have anyone like Ilgauskas next to him

Don't know about that. I'd take Ricky Davis above anybody the Cavs have playing SF/SG with Lebron and Udonis Haslem above Gooden or Varejao.

Of course, with Zo injured and Shaq carrying lots of injuries that do not allow him to play, Ilgauskas is more valuable than those two.

Both rosters are close, actually. Pretty bad rosters with a great player to put them over their real level.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:35 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

Lebron had a better game already this season...And having decent players next to him hurts lebron's stats (in everything but assists), it doesn't help them.

What game was that that Lebron had that you think is better?

Having real talented team mates MAY only hurt your stats if you have alot of them, thus giving you a talented team around you and the stats to be more evenly distributed. Lebron does not have that! He has Big Z and a couple of pretty good players (Gooden and Gibson) and they may get him a couple more assists, nothing else, he has to carry them like a forklift carries over one tonne pallets

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:44 am
TMC wrote:

Don't know about that. I'd take Ricky Davis above anybody the Cavs have playing SF/SG with Lebron and Udonis Haslem above Gooden or Varejao.

Of course, with Zo injured and Shaq carrying lots of injuries that do not allow him to play, Ilgauskas is more valuable than those two.

Both rosters are close, actually. Pretty bad rosters with a great player to put them over their real level.

RDavis is a good player but he is grousely inconsistent and scores and not much more. Ilgauskas alone is more talent than what Wade had around him in that monster game. Add Gooden, who does as much as Haslem (check their stats) in less court time (exactly 5 minutes less) and that is a trump for Lebron

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:37 pm
migya wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

What game was that that Lebron had that you think is better?

Having real talented team mates MAY only hurt your stats if you have alot of them, thus giving you a talented team around you and the stats to be more evenly distributed. Lebron does not have that! He has Big Z and a couple of pretty good players (Gooden and Gibson) and they may get him a couple more assists, nothing else, he has to carry them like a forklift carries over one tonne pallets

When Lebron got 39-14-13 (also in a loss to orlando) that was a somewhat more impressive game, especially since he has guys like Gooden, Z, and Varejao to take away his rebounds and points, whereas Wade has nobody in his way to take away his points.
ImageImage
Next

Return to Sports Board