Game Thread: Denver Nuggets @ Warriors 2007-12-28

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors win at home against the Nuggets?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:11 pm

YES
89%
NO
11%

Total votes : 18

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:12 pm
8th ave wrote:seems like we get a little nervous everytime we play a good team. im gonna go to a nugets forum to see what their saying about us. we might be forgetting how good our team is.

That's a very interesting idea.

Would you be willing to report what you learn and bring it back to us? :mrgreen: Think of it as an undercover recon mission. :thumbleft:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:20 pm
Yeah, 8th ave. I am interested, as well. Post a link for me.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:20 pm
32 wrote:
8th ave wrote:seems like we get a little nervous everytime we play a good team. im gonna go to a nugets forum to see what their saying about us. we might be forgetting how good our team is.

That's a very interesting idea.

Would you be willing to report what you learn and bring it back to us? :mrgreen: Think of it as an undercover recon mission. :thumbleft:

Hey, cool. You'll need a disguise, buddy. If they catch you, say you're a Jazz fan trolling their board. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:21 pm
Update: thread during the offseason on NuggetsHoops.com:

http://www.nuggetshoops.com/forums/view ... sc&start=0

And you people claim WE'RE bad...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:25 pm
32 wrote:Update: thread during the offseason on NuggetsHoops.com:

http://www.nuggetshoops.com/forums/view ... sc&start=0

And you people claim WE'RE bad...

Yeah, they are more blind than Miggy about Pietrus. :wink:
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:35 pm
http://www.nuggets.proboards1.com/index ... 1198781589

you have to log in to see wussup... they're talkin about girls and favorite teams in a game thread.... the first post was very relevant however.

if you guys wanna skip all the registering, you can use my login and pw...

they dont seem too concerned...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:24 pm
8th ave wrote:

you have to log in to see wussup... they're talkin about girls and favorite teams in a game thread.... the first post was very relevant however.

Thanks 8th ave, nice recon, they dont seem to bothered about..........well, talking much, :mrgreen:

Cool game thread though.

They also seem to have a few trolls, who they seem to tolerate...............strange watching how the enemy lives in there habitat.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:27 pm
bigstrads wrote:
8th ave wrote:

They also seem to have a few trolls, who they seem to tolerate...............strange watching how the enemy lives in there habitat.

Yeah, huh? A troll comes here, he gets shot down before he can even say two things. We are hard on them. Too many bad personal experiences, I guess.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:37 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Yeah, huh? A troll comes here, he gets shot down before he can even say two things. We are hard on them. Too many bad personal experiences, I guess.

Damn right man! weve had some awful trolls on here, I wouldnt mind if the ones we had wernt so either ridiculously biased and derogatory, or complete psychos!!!.............that god damned Deron Williams dude who came back as like 4 other names and posted 50 new threads in a row!!!

I wouldnt mind if we got some smart ones who actually wanted to chat and talk ball for real.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:15 pm
*Thoughts After One* They really need to pick it up defensively. I cant single out one person, as they all are responsible for this crap. I think things will pick up in the second, though. They are able to stay in the game on offense, relying on the half court, which I dont like either. Pick it up!

*Thoughts at the Half* Again, it was a case of getting close enough to keep it a game, but not enough to take it away. They didnt make up any ground, but they didnt lose any, either. I would like to see more going inside. Get Camby and Nene in foul trouble. That is when they can make their mark on the game. I really agree with Barnett. Denver is a very selfish team, and they are hard to watch. Talented, very, team-oriented, not so much.

*Thoughts After Three* Nice little shot by Jackson to close the quarter, but I dont like the way the game has gone. Every single time they get close enough to get the lead, they blow it. They need to start taking advantage of these situations, because I dont like playing from behind, as they have the whole game. It would be great to see Carmelo get another foul and sit him down for the majority of the quarter. This is the final stretch, their last chance. They need to start playing like it is. Down five.

*Thoughts at the End* It is games like this that really piss me off. They dont play defense, they dont drive, and they dont rebound the damn ball. This is the NBA guys... not some high school game. This was a very winnable game, one that was there to win numerous times, but a game that they just couldnt close out, no matter what time in the game it was. Damn, this sucks...
Last edited by sfsfsfgiants on Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:13 pm
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:01 am
We just fell in love with the 3s down the stretch again. And, of course, we live and die by it. If we were going for the win with that last 3, I would have rather Baron take that shot, as he had the hotter hand. I personally would have gone for the tie and try to take it to OT, especially with Melo having 5 fouls. I also thought Baron could have finished off that penetration for the tie.

But, anyway, we really didn’t make them pay inside or make them play defense when we play like that. They were already in the bonus early in the 4th, so any fouls was a disadvantage. I’ve seen that in too many games, and we really can’t let that happen without us having that bonus, too. They shot lights out in the 1st half, but we had our chances down the stretch but just squandered it. Monta was off in the 1st half, also. Too bad, cause we needed this one at home.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:56 am
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:As always, you failed to mention that Iverson plays a third of a quarter more per night than Anthony. Per 48, Carmelo's scoring average is higher than Iverson's... and thats not a fluke, since they both play over 35 minutes a game. Denver would score more points per game if they relied on Carmelo Anthony more than Allen Iverson. Fact.

Iverson plays 41mins and Carmelo plays 37mins, negligible.

Well, it seems like the stats Iverson is better than Melo in are negligible differences as well. What's your point?

Negligible differences? Iverson is the primary distributor on that team and gets over 7 assists a game, much more than anyone else on his team, very significant

That's definitely true, but Melo is significantly better in rebounding. All the other differences (besides steals... but 1 more steal per game isn't a huge difference) are negligible.

I was just pointing out that Iverson is as good if not better than Carmelo still, in response to comments that he isn't

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:01 am
Must have been a great game to watch. Definately one I will be getting. Looks like the team just shot too poorly, especially Harrington, Monta and SJackson. Tough loss and the team has to cover one of either Iverson or Carmelo better as stopping just one and not letting any other Nugget go off should do it

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:06 am
Interesting game. Seems like all of our games with Denver are the same. Run, shoot, score, no D... great for the fans, but a game that might go either way, and I think Denver has two players that can decide these kind of games in Melo and AI, while we only have Baron (I consider S-Jax a step below).

Also, Camby always has big games against us, which shouldn't surprise anybody.

An interesting quote from George Karl after the game:

"They're wild and crazy. That's how they play. I like it because I think sometimes the basketball world thinks you can only play one way. There's a lot of ways to play in basketball and Nellie is one of the best at innovating a style that fits his team. We're a little wild and crazy, too."

I think they like to play against us. They do a lot of one-on-ones and it's not easy for us to stop both AI and Melo.

As for the game itself... I do agree with CjR. Too many threes (Jackson alone took 15!!!). The % wasn't that bad (almost .390) but they were forced at times. You have to look for better options.

Also, I would have liked to see MBenga out there trying to play Camby more physically. Beans did his part, but was once again surpassed by Camby's production.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads