Game Thread: Denver Nuggets @ Warriors 2007-12-28

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors win at home against the Nuggets?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:11 pm

YES
89%
NO
11%

Total votes : 18

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:11 pm
Denver Nuggets (17-11) @ Golden State Warriors (17-12)

Start time 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Denver Nuggets
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Anthony Carter
SG - Allen Iverson
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Kenyon Martin
C - Marcus Camby

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (21.7) | A. Iverson (26.4)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.7) | M. Camby (14.3)
APG - B. Davis (8.0) | A. Iverson (7.3)
SPG - B. Davis (2.5) | A. Iverson (2.4)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.3) | M. Camby (3.4)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:17 pm
This will be a tough game, but I think that they can pull it off at home. They really do need to keep the pressure on, though. They cant slack off as they did tonight. I am actually really looking forward to seeing how they do against Denver.

Warriors by four.... close game throughout. Jackson busts a couple threes in a row late in the fourth to help clinch the game.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:36 pm
I'm sure the W's will have plenty of work to do after the almost-upset vs. Minnesota, I think this is winnable but they are a good team. It's up in the air.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:07 am
Interesting game. I really like this Nuggets team (when everybody is healthy). Denver has as much potential as any team in the league... but they never play up to that potential, specially come playoff time.

It won't be easy, but we're playing well and we're at home. Dubs by 3.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:56 am
I voted yes but this could be a loss. I like the Nuggets alot and when they are healthy (pretty much never) they are capable of being the best team in the nba.

Warriors by 5

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:16 am
For those of you who were clamoring that Iverson would step outta the way and distribute for Carmelo, I'd like to make mention that he's currently 3rd in the league (tied with Dwayne Wade, behind LeBron James) for percentage of his team's points ( at 25.1%). Go ahead. Cite the 7 ally-oops he throws to Carmelo as "distribution". I cringe watching Iverson play.

If the Warriors get it going from beyond the arc, they can take this game. But we don't have a defensive answer for Iverson. Jackson will do what he can on 'Melo, but who guards AI? Baron? Because Allen will pass him like he's standing still... Monta seems like the best option, but I have a feeling it'll result in some quick fouls.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:21 am
And these positive Iverson comments from his reknowned hater

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:24 am
32 wrote:For those of you who were clamoring that Iverson would step outta the way and distribute for Carmelo, I'd like to make mention that he's currently 3rd in the league (tied with Dwayne Wade, behind LeBron James) for percentage of his team's points ( at 25.1%). Go ahead. Cite the 7 ally-oops he throws to Carmelo as "distribution".

Seems like Karl has realized that, too. AI started the season as their PG, but he's been playing back at his old SG position since last month.

Whatever takes to win, I guess...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:45 am
migya wrote:And these positive Iverson comments from his reknowned hater

You had to add that in, huh? Just leave him be. At least he knows when he is wrong.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:51 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

You had to add that in, huh? Just leave him be. At least he knows when he is wrong.

sfsf, if you want to say something, say it, don't jab little phrases like this. I don't like little disguised comments like this. I've never picked on you, just joked around calling you spam whore, just a joke. As you've said, I post heaps too, so you are no more spamming than me (and we aren't spamming buddy :wink: )

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:53 am

And you're claiming that I'm a trouble-maker...? These are the exact kind of comments you always leave that start a fight.

For your sake, I'm going to ignore it and not give you an opportunity to lose a position of power that you don't deserve anyway.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:56 am
32 wrote:

And you're claiming that I'm a trouble-maker...? These are the exact kind of comments you always leave that start a fight.

For your sake, I'm going to ignore it and not give you an opportunity to lose a position of power that you don't deserve anyway.

I'm not starting anything, just pointing out (as you always seem to like to do, I'm only being far less harsh) that you only ever said bad things about Iverson and now you are saying he is great. I agree, he is great

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:02 am
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

sfsf, if you want to say something, say it, don't jab little phrases like this. I don't like little disguised comments like this. I've never picked on you, just joked around calling you spam whore, just a joke. As you've said, I post heaps too, so you are no more spamming than me (and we aren't spamming buddy :wink: )

Everytime I start saying something, you lock the damn thread hiding behind your words. It is a useless thing to even start.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:04 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Everytime I start saying something, you lock the damn thread hiding behind your words. It is a useless thing to even start.

I've locked one thread in a long time mate. Don't know what you're talking about

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:04 am
32 wrote:For those of you who were clamoring that Iverson would step outta the way and distribute for Carmelo, I'd like to make mention that he's currently 3rd in the league (tied with Dwayne Wade, behind LeBron James) for percentage of his team's points ( at 25.1%). Go ahead. Cite the 7 ally-oops he throws to Carmelo as "distribution". I cringe watching Iverson play.

If the Warriors get it going from beyond the arc, they can take this game. But we don't have a defensive answer for Iverson. Jackson will do what he can on 'Melo, but who guards AI? Baron? Because Allen will pass him like he's standing still... Monta seems like the best option, but I have a feeling it'll result in some quick fouls.

Please point out where I said Iverson "was great".
Next

Return to Game Threads