Game Thread: Minnesota Timberwolves @ Warriors 2007-12-26

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors take care of the Wolves?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:22 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 22

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:42 pm
rooks get more PT at home (Nelly's thing)... so i anticipate both rooks to play at our home game vs. the wolves
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:25 pm
YESSSSS...Warriors game on NBA TV.......

It's time for NBA experts to talk the good things about W's ,most of the time they talked shiiitt to W's...when we played good teams oh gosh they used any kind of word to humiliate us.When we won, they just 'ok' they play good this time and that's it.
That's why i hate them most of the time and i press the mute button on my remote than listened to them.

VIVA WARRIORS :D

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:49 pm
My fear is that the Ws are going to think this is an easy game and let the Wolf puppies hang around and then Nelson won't play the reserves and the starters will play forever and....let's hope the starters decide to play 100%, get a big lead and then relax on the bench and make fun of the reserves.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:09 pm
cladden wrote:
coltraning wrote:yeah, playing Baron 48 minutes in a game you are up by 29 in is just foolish. Basically, Nelson does not trust rookies. Even Jim Barnett said he thought nelson had a too short leash with them. Look at Baron's history, you think he is not going to get injured logging league leader minutes in points?

Keep in mind that the Cavs looked a little like they were coming back at some point. Still. Totally agree that he's mortgaging the season the way he's playing Baron

The only reason I can think of as to why Nelson is stupidly playing Baron that many minutes is to ensure he gets the nod for an All Star selection.
He’s still not guaranteed, and most of it will really depend on our record. If his stats are convincing enough with a semi-good record, it could make the difference. But, of course, I’d rather have a healthy Baron than risk an injury in pursuit of an All Star berth.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:17 pm
I would much rather have a healthy Baron for the playoffs than a Baron in the All Star Game. As long as we are winning, and everybody is staying healthy, Nellie can do whatever the hell he wants in terms of giving minutes.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:41 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I would much rather have a healthy Baron for the playoffs than a Baron in the All Star Game. As long as we are winning, and everybody is staying healthy, Nellie can do whatever the hell he wants in terms of giving minutes.

Also. If he gets the All-star berth and stays healthy all season someone might actually pony up the cash it would take him to opt out. Neither of these three things are very likely IMO but it could happen and would suck.

On a different note. The game will be on FSN+ right? Don't really want to have to hit the pub.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:47 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I would much rather have a healthy Baron for the playoffs than a Baron in the All Star Game. As long as we are winning, and everybody is staying healthy, Nellie can do whatever the hell he wants in terms of giving minutes.

The argument is the minutes with Baron, which impacts his health. The more he plays, the more we gamble (higher the chances of getting injured or breaking down towards the end). He’s had two knee surgeries already.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:13 pm
cladden wrote:

On a different note. The game will be on FSN+ right? Don't really want to have to hit the pub.

I know it is a little late to say, but, yeah, it is on plus.
Last edited by sfsfsfgiants on Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:35 pm
CjR wrote:

The argument is the minutes with Baron, which impacts his health. The more he plays, the more we gamble (higher the chances of getting injured or breaking down towards the end). He’s had two knee surgeries already.

its difficult for "me" to say Nellie is making the bad choice... Do you risk losing momentum to give Baron a break or take the chance to secure the victory...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:07 pm
*After 1st Quarter* I love the way the first quarter went. Not only did their threes drop, but they were able to get into the lane and get easy layups, they got nice interior passes to Andris for easy dunks, and they were able to go inside out because of it, leading to wide open threes. Everybody is contributing. Hell, even Mbenga is doing his thing out there. He has really impressed me since that first week of his time here. I like watching him in there. He is always hustling.

*At The Half* Overall, they played pretty good, but they need to stop the runs. They started out just like they started the game, just dominating both sides of the ball. Defense leading to offense, just like it should. It worked awesome. The minute the zone came on, though, they started to look timid. Their shots stopped falling, and they stopped going inside. That might be because Monta wasnt in there, though. Anyways, their lead is fine by me, as long as they continue to push hard. I would really like to see them balloon this lead, and get some young guys in, Wright, Belinelli, maybe O'Bryant, and see what they can do.

*After 3rd Quarter* Again, they started off pretty well, then fell off towards the end of the quarter. They really need to keep the foot on the gas here. They cannot give this team any life, no matter how small. I would still like to see them come out and dominate for the first six minutes or so, not only to secure the win, but to also see some of the kids get in the game, and get their playing time tonight.

*End of Game* That game ended up way way too close. They needed to just keep laying it on, rather than sit there and let the lead slip away. I didnt like the way the game ended. Not enough effort out there. I guess I cant complain with the win, but, what can you say? They won...
Last edited by sfsfsfgiants on Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:57 pm
What the hell is going on...the team is derailing this qtr... The freakin Timberwolves cant even hold GSW's water...WTH!?
This season is not a flop.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:58 pm
carlgo wrote:My fear is that the Ws are going to think this is an easy game and let the Wolf puppies hang around and then Nelson won't play the reserves and the starters will play forever and....let's hope the starters decide to play 100%, get a big lead and then relax on the bench and make fun of the reserves.
You called it...
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:01 pm
once again, Bidriens gets owned by a quality center... He is far from elite... When we face teams in the playoffs he better step up...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:15 pm
loyaltyisacurse wrote:once again, Bidriens gets owned by a quality center... He is far from elite... When we face teams in the playoffs he better step up...

By no means is Biedrins an elite center. He is, however, the best option that this team could ask for. He wont put up the best numbers, but his ability to run with the rest of the team sets him apart from almost every other center in the league. He is just fine, by my standards. As long as he helps the team win on a consistant basis, as he has, what more can you ask? Who cares what his numbers are? They put up the W and, in the end, that is all that matters.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:38 pm
The problem is that the other opposing centers dominate. And also, people tend to overrate his speed. It's not like he's finishing on the fast break with us or anything. I would like to see Nelson let POB take a crack at some of these bigs, as he seems to have more potential defensively.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads