Game Thread: Warriors @ Minnesota Timberwolves 2007-12-19

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors extend to two wins on this road trip in Minnesota?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:25 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 16

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:57 pm
I don't see him shooting us out of games. His shot selection seems to be pretty good, it's just Jackson who can sometimes get shot happy. When his shots aren't falling, Nelson pulls him anyway.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:00 pm
JayPat wrote:I don't see him shooting us out of games. His shot selection seems to be pretty good, it's just Jackson who can sometimes get shot happy. When his shots aren't falling, Nelson pulls him anyway.

Belinelli came in in a three point game and shot three three's in a row, missing all of them. I know that that may not seem much in hindsight, but had we lost by a handful, I would have been mad about those threes. I will be honest... if it went in, I would be singing his praises.

As for Jackson's play, I dont like it, but I understand it. He has spent his whole career under the shadow of more superior players. He gets his chance here, and he takes advantage of it... you and I would do it, as well. He is a captain. He is a leader. He can shoot us into games just as much as he shoots us out of them. I love Jack.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:12 pm
In watching Belinelli highlights on YouTUbe I saw him actually drive and try and finish inside, he needs to do that first, or at least step in and take some mid range jumpers to get his confidence up...
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:35 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
JayPat wrote:I don't see him shooting us out of games. His shot selection seems to be pretty good, it's just Jackson who can sometimes get shot happy. When his shots aren't falling, Nelson pulls him anyway.

Belinelli came in in a three point game and shot three three's in a row, missing all of them. I know that that may not seem much in hindsight, but had we lost by a handful, I would have been mad about those threes. I will be honest... if it went in, I would be singing his praises.

As for Jackson's play, I dont like it, but I understand it. He has spent his whole career under the shadow of more superior players. He gets his chance here, and he takes advantage of it... you and I would do it, as well. He is a captain. He is a leader. He can shoot us into games just as much as he shoots us out of them. I love Jack.

I kinda agree but the thing is, that really is the only thing Marco's in there for so you want him to shoot them.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:56 pm
Great comeback win after being down to the bad wolves. What I notice is the great play of Monta and Harrington. Biedrins doing his thing with the rebounding and defense. Doesn't look like an incredibly well played game but a win that had to be one.

Gerald Green had his best game of the season and that is not a good sign of team defense but Green is star potential

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:40 am
migya wrote:Gerald Green had his best game of the season and that is not a good sign of team defense but Green is star potential

Good for Green, but don't blame the D. We held the Twolves to just 36 points in the last two quarters.

I liked the team that played yesterday. Pietrus' time was reduced and Azu and Barnes were the bench players with more court time. Also, Beans played 36 minutes, in which he anchored our team with his boards. That's how it should be, and not like Nellie did against Memphis.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:38 am
I knew the Warriors would make this game more suspensful than it should be...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:52 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Gerald Green had his best game of the season and that is not a good sign of team defense but Green is star potential

Good for Green, but don't blame the D. We held the Twolves to just 36 points in the last two quarters.

I liked the team that played yesterday. Pietrus' time was reduced and Azu and Barnes were the bench players with more court time. Also, Beans played 36 minutes, in which he anchored our team with his boards. That's how it should be, and not like Nellie did against Memphis.

To be fair... Wolves were hitting all their jumpers in the first half. Green, Brewer, McCants. However, they started to tired themselves out by the second half and our D picked it up a lil.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:17 pm
Well it was more of the fact that the Twolves started sucking... you know, being the Twolves and all. I knew they wouldnt' consistently produce like that forever.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:53 pm
One key that the Warriors need to focus on is to not let the bad teams get an advantage in a game. They need to focus on team defense. Even a bad team, with momentum, can beat a good team. It happens. They need to reduce the amount that it does happen, though.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:17 pm
wow. the team was really moving the ball 2nd half. monta is playing real well and its fun to watch. i hope he's alright

8)
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:36 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:One key that the Warriors need to focus on is to not let the bad teams get an advantage in a game. They need to focus on team defense. Even a bad team, with momentum, can beat a good team. It happens. They need to reduce the amount that it does happen, though.

It seems like the Warriors produce 1 quarter of quality team defense and then 3 quarters of passable to bad D. It's more of a mental (or possibly fatigue) problem than a talent one. But we certainly need to work on it if we want to get further as a team.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:01 am
The Ws took the wolves lightly for the first half, and the other disturbing thing is that any team with a strong 4 or 5 or even a guard who likes to drive, can score at will inside on the Ws. (See lakers, Pistons, blazers, jazz.) When they woke up, the Ws played a 3rd quarter like they can, but they cannot sleep walk like that against either jersey or Cleveland. I look for them to beat Jersey and lose to Cleveland...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Previous

Return to Game Threads