Being grateful thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:24 pm
I started the FML thread because i was going through a small rough patch, so it's only naturally that i post the thread explaining how i picked myself up... i explained in the fml thread that kaiser fuked up my plans and i have to wait a little over a year to get back to the track that i was heading towards... since then i've been looking for a job and i've been sending out my resume left and right... ive done 2 phone interviews so far for verizon and citibank... hoepfully i get one of the jobzzz

Also, since then ive become an uncle... she really is precious...

her name is maila and she's what im grateful for...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:26 pm
i know sometimes life seems to suck to no end, so feel free to use this thread to focus on the brighter side of life... cheers mfkers :mrgreen:
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:57 am
Cheers bro.

I've just gone through a once in a lifetime natural disaster where my home city was flooded. Pretty scary truthfully.. I live by the River and my house went under. I saved most of my possessions (lost 80 issues of SLAM BASKETBALL MAGAZINES even issue 1 with GrandMaMA on the cover)

But i'm being grateful that ive got a amazing network of friends and families that helped me move my possessions. I also lost my cellular phone access and was bugging out about not being able to contact my mum. They turned the power back on after 72 hours and i was able to contact her here on the facesook... she was safe. So im happy that god gave me the opportunity to stay in touch with her.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:34 am
Extreme the floods over east, unlike ever before it seems. Good to hear you're alright Pawno. Recover slowly if need be and get on with life, as possessions can be replaced

migya make the ring fall on ya
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:09 pm
Yeah, glad to hear you're ok pawn, I couldn't imagine...

I'm grateful for no. 8... Mr. Ellis.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:10 pm
JREED wrote:Yeah, glad to hear you're ok pawn, I couldn't imagine...

I'm grateful for no. 8... Mr. Ellis.

Cheers bro.

hey i wonder if Monta will make the allstar team. good things in his favor are the spot reserved for Brandon Roy last couple of years is primed for the taking by Monta!!!

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:14 pm
pic nice

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:34 am
PAWNO wrote:Cheers bro.

I've just gone through a once in a lifetime natural disaster where my home city was flooded. Pretty scary truthfully.. I live by the River and my house went under. I saved most of my possessions (lost 80 issues of SLAM BASKETBALL MAGAZINES even issue 1 with GrandMaMA on the cover)

But i'm being grateful that ive got a amazing network of friends and families that helped me move my possessions. I also lost my cellular phone access and was bugging out about not being able to contact my mum. They turned the power back on after 72 hours and i was able to contact her here on the facesook... she was safe. So im happy that god gave me the opportunity to stay in touch with her.

Thanks you for the post.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:13 am
Riley103 wrote:

Thanks you for the post.

Haha Nice to meet you Riley :) ... Thanks for bringing up old memories.

I should be moving back into my house in the next month. It will have been like 16 months since the flood happened. So I should try & convince my oldies to honour the contribution of all the time & effort my friends helped with the evacuation with a good old fashion HOUSE PARTY!!!! :bday: :bday: :bday:

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:17 am
PAWNO wrote:
Riley103 wrote:

Thanks you for the post.

Haha Nice to meet you Riley :) ... Thanks for bringing up old memories.

I should be moving back into my house in the next month. It will have been like 16 months since the flood happened. So I should try & convince my oldies to honour the contribution of all the time & effort my friends helped with the evacuation with a good old fashion HOUSE PARTY!!!! :bday: :bday: :bday:

Congrats on that, that is definitely a life changing event. I always see the destruction of floods on television, seeing cars/trucks floating, thats unreal to me. So did you have to re-build a brand new house ? Same location
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:17 pm
same location. Same house

its just been gutted from inside and redone. Its kind of a big project. I live in a 6 bedroom house with my parents. 29 years old this year & not ready to move out on my own (been living with my Grandma for the time being). :)

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:47 pm
PAWNO wrote:same location. Same house

its just been gutted from inside and redone. Its kind of a big project. I live in a 6 bedroom house with my parents. 29 years old this year & not ready to move out on my own (been living with my Grandma for the time being). :)

Sounds like a big project indeed.

Nothing wrong with family support, that is what is should be about. 6 bedrooms alot rooms, the only thing is knowing that you are such a player bring in different girls in the house, am sure you have a private entrance.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:42 am
warriorsstepup wrote:

Sounds like a big project indeed.

Nothing wrong with family support, that is what is should be about. 6 bedrooms alot rooms, the only thing is knowing that you are such a player bring in different girls in the house, am sure you have a private entrance.

You mean good lock on the computer room door :mrgreen:

Good to hear you are going back to your house Pawno. Hopefully nothing like that happens again

migya make the ring fall on ya

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:19 am

These days, it's actually a common situation for people in their 20's to be living with their parents. I was living with my parents until last June. Most my friends (in their mid 20's) are still living with their parents. For me, it was a smart way to pay off all my student loans and begin to save money for my future.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:37 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

These days, it's actually a common situation for people in their 20's to be living with their parents. I was living with my parents until last June. Most my friends (in their mid 20's) are still living with their parents. For me, it was a smart way to pay off all my student loans and begin to save money for my future.

Yeah I see no reason to leave yet.

The reason I am at my parents still is I haven't found a girlfriend yet & there's no need to start searching for baby cribs etc.

I actually have my own little bachelor pad at the parents. basically it's a little bungleo away from the house which as warriorsstepup pointed out "Private Entrance" (so even if I had a GF, it would still accommodate 2.. It's a different scenario if I got her up the duff & put a bun in the oven (aussie slang)

When my room is complete, I'll be sure to post pics.
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum