TV Shows

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:34 pm
Migs, what are your impressions of Game of Thrones so far? My girlfriend really liked the show, and I'm waiting to finish watching the first season with her, so I could continue with the second one.

Anyone watching Castle? I was thinking of checking it out, I heard some good critics, and am thinking about watching that one. Also, thought about Supernatural, but I'm not that much heated for that. Any other recommendation is welcome as well.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:56 pm
I'm going to watch Game of Thrones this weekend...

I wanna chat in this topic but not ready for spoilers (considering how good the feedback I've had about it)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:27 pm
Yea Gubrush, I've watched five of the ten episodes of season one and I like it very much, worth you checking it out I think. It is set in medieval times, so there is poverty and not the technology we have now ofcourse, but this show has so much story it is unbelievable. Quite a few different stories happening that make up the whole story. Great acting and character play. Also a fair amount of sex scenes and naked flesh for those that like a bit of that in their viewing :) Really good series that I am getting into.

Have a look Pawno, you might like it alot.

Season 2 started a few days ago and episode two coming out on Sunday I think it is

migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:36 am
Thanks, Migs, but I watched the first season already, I was just curious if you liked it so far. lol

I'm watching it again with girlfriend, cause she didn't watch it before, and I'm refreshing my memory before I jump to season 2. :)

And no spoilers for you Pawno, no worries.

By the way, is anyone here watching anime perhaps?
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:38 am
I wasn't all that impressed by the season premier of GoT - seemed like there was a lot of maintenance from last season and re-stoking some flames.

I haven't heard of Castle, I'll have to check that out.

Anyone watch Shameless? William H. Macy is insane in that show, that has to be one of my top can't-miss shows right now.

I'm kind of loosing interest in Mad Men - I can't really point my finger on it, but I find myself wanting to fast forward through some of it at times...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:09 pm
Just started Game of Thrones..

2 minutes in & I thought the need to post in the forums about how much I despise bad rotting teeth in TV/MOVIES.

I guess I'll give it a go considering it's part of a period show.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:37 pm
Oh good... HBO must have a contract with the Midgets Actors Guild.

1st Broadwalk Empire with the boxing match & leprechaun on St Patricks Day & now the midget is having sex with a prostitute in Game of Thrones

Sorry I don't count that tidbit as a spoiler.. I doubt a midget getting laid has any impact on story development.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:00 pm
Keep watching Pawno, not just midgets doing the deed :mrgreen:

Watch a couple of episodes and then tell us what you think

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:53 pm
migya wrote:Keep watching Pawno, not just midgets doing the deed :mrgreen:

Watch a couple of episodes and then tell us what you think

Gladly... So I've just got done watching the 2nd episode <As proper edict I think I better utilize>

SPOILER ALERT!

So the episode is called Kings Road.. It's basically the episode where Eddard Stark missus (Cateyn) decides she should send word about how their youngest son (Bran) lifes might be in danger.

The episode started getting really head **** where Catelyn sitting by Bran's bedside just hoping for him to wake.

Her eldest son Robb is trying to talk to Catelyn to perhaps get the Village appointments in order.Catelyn is basically having a nervous breakdown & the wolves stay outside howling in the distance. Robb notices the Wolves are howling about a fire & this fire must of been a decoy as a Assassin arrives in the room to try & take Ban's life. There is a struggle with Catelyn & the Assassin & Catelyn does her best to stop the Assassin but at the last moment before the Assassin was going to commit his dirty work a Wolf runs into the room & mauls the assasin to death (Blood flys everywhere.. very cool scene)

Catelyn seems to have a Epiphany & she visits the site where her Son had fallen from the Castle guard tower. As she looks in the tower room she discovers a long thread of Gold hair. She then calls her closest council & warns them that she believe Bran's fall was no accident, She decides it might be time to chase down her Husband & warn of the development.

Now the episode got really ****ing cool where Sansa Stark (Eddard & Catelyns oldest daughter is walking around the campsite of the Kings touring party & she bumps into the creepy bald man who lost his tongue.

We know that he lost his tongue because a knight had informed Sansa about how it was cut off years ago & has been walking the earth without the ability to speak his mind (I don't think common folk slaves would of had the ability to read or write back in that era)

Anyways Sansa & the Prince go walking by the Rivers edge & they encounter Arya Stark playing sword fight sticks with the Butchers son. Like any adolescent pubescent teenager the Prince tells the Butchers son to pick up his stick and joust with him. The Butchers son refuses so cops a nice little scar at the end of the princes sword. Arya pushes the Prince & The Prince chases Arya around.. Suddenly Arya is saved by one of the Wolfs who bites the hand of the Prince (DONT BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU) [-X

Anyways this setup for a great ending where the King asked Sansa for differating accounts being told from Arya & the Prince. The King said kids will be kids and punishments will be delivered for both children from their fathers. The Queen was not satisfied & said the Wolf must suffer. Sansa & Arya plead not to do anything as the Wolf has fled into the forrest & the Queen said that any Wolfs death would do. Eddard tells the Queen that he would put down the Wolf (A decision that must upset his daughters, but a move that I think he believes is for the good of his family - Keeping the Royal family on the good side, <just like his daughter Sansa had done moments before hand refusing to tell the King what she had seen)

So Eddard drives the daggar into Sansa Wolf & then the scene cuts to Bran waking out of his coma.

That was a fricking good episode... I F'n love how HBO makes thinking man's episode. the Parallel stories they try & tell in one episode... You know the Wolfs are doing the dirty work of the people who can't speak. The symbolism of the son awaking just as Sansa wolf is being executed.. It's time log off the internet & start episode 3 to see what happens next.

Had Sansa not met that slave who had his tongue ripped
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:06 am
Why give a spoiler and explain the episode? Just say a bit, but not alot of it, others will have somewhat ruined if they wanted to see it :wink:

What did you think of the series so far?

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:09 am
migya wrote:Why give a spoiler and explain the episode? Just say a bit, but not alot of it, others will have somewhat ruined if they wanted to see it :wink:

What did you think of the series so far?

'I'm not allowed to RANT..

Sorry that was just some of the best tv i have see.. I love Breaking Bad, Walking Dead Etc but AMC never has anything on HBO.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:43 am
We're gonna be a small sect, religious followers of Game of Thrones...lol

But in all honesty, I can't remember a single person that I told about the show that didn't like it...love it wold be the more appropriate expression.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:56 am
I agree, Game of Thrones is great. It has enough of what I like; action, bang scenes with enough flesh :mrgreen: , and a whole lot of story.

Apparently there are seven book written that they're making the series seasons from and it should span about six seasons. So five more seasons with season 2 just started :D

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:19 am
GAME OF THRONES
SPOILER ALERT!

So I've just got done watching Game of Thrones! 8 episodes in 1 day... SOLID

The reason why I'd been enjoying this show was I hadn't been bombarded with a bunch of Ghouls, Demons etc in these Middle Earth sagas.

So When I saw how the Childeless Princess walks into the flame of fires!!! I'd seen the dragon eggs hatch. It left me feeling like am I ready for the CGI fakeness animals & beasts.

Don't get me wrong I love this show.. But I'm worried in season 2 if they'll introduce more of these moving CGI dragons in the story plot & taking budget money away from other parts of the series (I.E Costumes &/or cast members) to pay for the big budget special effects.

I'm going to get stuck right into season 2 in the next couple of days & let you know.

PS: Loved the opening scene in the series finale of season 1. The Camera pans down the blade of the sword & then you see the blood drip onto the headless Eddard.

season 2 should be pretty good when Aria hooks up with her brother at the Norths Wall.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:47 am
Well, I haven't seen episode 9 and 10 of the first season so thanks Pawno :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum