TV Shows

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:21 pm
JREED wrote:
migya wrote:Falling Skies is over for another season, the third one. I'm into this series and it is getting interesting with the saviour aliens now entering the story. Could be a very interesting fourth season next year.

Also seen the first two episodes of revolution and it so far is slow, but similar to Falling Skies in that regard.

I'm a fan of Falling Skies. The 1st season was kind of lame and slow, the 2nd was much better, but the 3rd was really good. I'm looking forward to next season, but only 10 episodes kind of sucks.

Revolution is ok, but I'm just generally not a fan of any series from the "big" networks. They feel like they almost have lower budgets and less production quality. Maybe it's because NBC, CBS, ABC, and FOX aren't willing to take big risks, but the writing and premises seems uninspired and lacking originality. If they air one more cop related show, I will lose my god damn mind!

Another sci-fi show, Defiance, I had a lot of hopes for, but it sucks. I was really hoping that the Sci-Fi channel would be able to rekindle a fraction of the greatness of Battlestar, but Defiance is just a cookie-cutter, episodic piece of trash, cut from the same cloth as a Law and Order or any of the Star Treks.

Side note - If you haven't seen Battlestar Gallactica, then you need to stop what you are doing and watch it right now. Do not be fooled by the corny name or the fact that it was a Sci-Fi channel original.

PAWNO wrote:OMG How good was Breaking Bad???

Spoiler!

BB just continues to be one of the best shows in the history of television. The writing, direction, and cinematography are just in a different league. It really is the most artistic show with those awesome scenes that tell you so much without a line of dialog.

I'm pretty sure I know how the series will end and I'm going to throw it in a spoiler tag below just so I can toss out the "I told you so" if it is realized...

Spoiler!

I'm kind of curious how you Aussies are watching the show. I know that American TV is broadcast all over the world, but I know that you guys suffer from a lot of censorship when it comes to drugs in media. Is the show aired there? Or do you have to watch it online or pirate it?

I watch it on cable television. 3 to 8 hours after it's aired.

I use to download all the shows immedialtey when they became available but my cable tv has SHOWTIME (makers of Dexter etc) and they show all the AMC, HBO shows fresh off the sataliette on Monday evening (which in essence is 8 hours after Sunday night TV in america)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:18 am
Forgot to mention the last ever episode of Breaking Bad.

Spoiler!

Best show I've ever seen and I've seen many.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:30 am
Revolution Season 2 is up to episode ten, which is only on second week of January. Good show and there's a few twists to it now. Anyone else watching this show?

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:47 pm
I watched all of season 1… i thought it was alright. Nothing special, but unlike most shows I ended making it through the entire season (meaning I was entertained). I streamed the whole season during my summer break, so I will probably do the same for season 2 next summer when this season is over.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:04 pm
I watched the first season as well, and I think even few episodes of the second. It wasn't bad, had some enjoyable moments, though, nothing spectacular. Actually, in a way, it reminds me a lot of the Falling Skies, and sometimes I even get confused about what happened where. lol

My wife wants to keep watching, and I'm a bit down on it after the break...probably because I don't like to wait for a whole week to see what happens next.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:57 am
It is a show that's ongoing right now and that's why I'm watching it. Not bad idea for the story and most about it is decent, though nothing special.

I will be watching the Wire in a few weeks when I have time. It's a show I never watched when it was on a few years ago and I've always wanted to see it. Also had plans to see Boardwalk Empire, which I had seen the first four episodes over a year and a half ago.

Breaking Bad really got me high on a show the last couple of years and I'm going to be looking for a show to replace it.

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum