Page 1 of 4

Music Review

Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:49 pm
by warriorsstepup
So there are reviews for movies what about reviews for music ? I think it will be a helpful tool since am sure there are many avid music listeners. No matter the preference, if its good to let the world know, if its bad expose it, be particular in the likes and dislikes, the reasons to get the CD or reasons not too, particular songs you like ect, etc. Any type, from the new releases to the old school grooves.

Re: Music Review

Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:21 pm
by Mr. Crackerz
warriorsstepup wrote:So there are reviews for movies what about reviews for music ? I think it will be a helpful tool since am sure there are many avid music listeners. No matter the preference, if its good to let the world know, if its bad expose it, be particular in the likes and dislikes, the reasons to get the CD or reasons not too, particular songs you like ect, etc. Any type, from the new releases to the old school grooves.


sure.

Though i personally am like 5 years behind the current music. I've just discovered how much The Strokes rock.

Re: Music Review

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:15 am
by PAWNO
BIG BOI - St Loucious Left Foot...

If you like the "Dirty South" then this is a great album (especially like the Tangarine song) ... But Andre 3000 is my favorite from the OUTKAST band.

Re: Music Review

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:47 am
by Beast Mode
Haven't given Big Boi a listen yet ... I'll have to download that. And you're right, Andre is 100x the artist Big Boi is. Andre could very well be the greatest rapper of all time ... if he gave a f*k, but he doesn't

Re: Music Review

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:32 pm
by PAWNO
Beast Mode wrote:Haven't given Big Boi a listen yet ... I'll have to download that. And you're right, Andre is 100x the artist Big Boi is. Andre could very well be the greatest rapper of all time ... if he gave a f*k, but he doesn't


Dude, reminds me of a BLACK GEORGE MICHAEL!!!

Gifted musican but well.... You know, LIKE. Is a Extravert [-X

In saying that may i fess up and say that i love George Michael (his music) i sing a long too it all the time (cause its what i was bought up by my parents) it's something i dont confess in public, but seen im on the otherside of the world & not really likely to meet you all, then im comfortable confessing this.

Re: Music Review

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:19 pm
by warriorsstepup
I listen to everything and the strokes is one of the rock groups that i dig, right there next to the killers, right up there, am going to have to officially cop their cd's and give you guys a review on that.

Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty, I also have to take a listen to that, dude oozes out with creativity, not like Andre but in the game his style is distinct, we know how alot of rap sounds the same these days so it refreshing to have kats like Big Boi ding it.

So what's you guy's TOP 3 most recommended CD's, favorites of all time ?

My list of top

Stillmatic-Nas- every song is a hit, the lryics, the flow, the different stlyes Nas put on this CD has me constanlty listening to this

Bob Marley and the Wailers- Need I say more.

College drop out- Kanye- Like him on not but when Ye came in the game, he changed it, sounding like nobody, good ish.

Re: Music Review

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:51 pm
by Mr. Crackerz
warriorsstepup wrote:I listen to everything and the strokes is one of the rock groups that i dig, right there next to the killers, right up there, am going to have to officially cop their cd's and give you guys a review on that.

Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty, I also have to take a listen to that, dude oozes out with creativity, not like Andre but in the game his style is distinct, we know how alot of rap sounds the same these days so it refreshing to have kats like Big Boi ding it.

So what's you guy's TOP 3 most recommended CD's, favorites of all time ?

My list of top

Stillmatic-Nas- every song is a hit, the lryics, the flow, the different stlyes Nas put on this CD has me constanlty listening to this

Bob Marley and the Wailers- Need I say more.

College drop out- Kanye- Like him on not but when Ye came in the game, he changed it, sounding like nobody, good ish.


Yeah, i have the killers as one of my favorite bands. Thats how i discovered the strokes, through pandora radio (I have it set up to play songs of the killers and bands like them).

My favorite CDs

The Eminem Show - Eminem (he was great before, this CD made him the best of his generation)

2001 - Dr. Dre (I love this CD. Dre tired of this fake gangster rap movement and was quitting the business as a performer... though that didn't last)

Americana- Offspring (I could have chosen a couple of their other ones, but this one has my favorite song from them)

Anything CD from the beatles (cuz they rock)

Green River/ Cosmos Factory- CCR

Re: Music Review

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:58 pm
by Beast Mode
My top 5 Rap CD's of all time ... [no order]

Eminem - Marshall Mathers LP
Jay-Z - Blueprint
Nas - Stillmatic
Lil Wayne - Carter 2
Notorious Big - Life After Death

Re: Music Review

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:11 pm
by warriorsstepup
Dang beast looks like we have similar taste in music here, same as Crackers, ill bump those all day and love it,

I was thinking about the Teflon Don CD from Rick Ross ? we shall see, any word on that, not overly excited but it might have to do for the time being.

Re: Music Review

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:17 pm
by Beast Mode
warriorsstepup wrote:Dang beast looks like we have similar taste in music here, same as Crackers, ill bump those all day and love it,

I was thinking about the Teflon Don CD from Rick Ross ? we shall see, any word on that, not overly excited but it might have to do for the time being.


Code: Select all
URL Removed



download it for yourself and see :)

Re: Music Review

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:38 pm
by warriorsstepup
Beast Mode wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:Dang beast looks like we have similar taste in music here, same as Crackers, ill bump those all day and love it,

I was thinking about the Teflon Don CD from Rick Ross ? we shall see, any word on that, not overly excited but it might have to do for the time being.


Code: Select all
URL Removed



download it for yourself and see :)


Good looking out :D

Re: Music Review

Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:17 am
by JREED
I don't know about ranking my top albums but i through out some all time hip-hop favorites:
2 Pac - Me Against the World
Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt
Ant Banks - The Big Bad Ass
anything old RBL and Spice 1

I've been listening to J. Cole lately - a lot of people compare him to Drake but with more talent, less hype and less typical current hip hop cliches. I also like Wiz Khalifa - and I'm not talking about that candy pop track "Say Yeah", dude is just raw and original.

Re: Music Review

Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:21 am
by Beast Mode
Wiz Khalifa is horrendous. Boring as hell.

J-Cole on the other hand is the truth. If he can just get some industry sounding beats he'll be good. That "Who Dat" is alright but still sounds underground - it's not gonna be his breakthrough. His "Warm Up" mixtape was RIDICULOUS start to finish. If songs like "Lights Please," "Losing My Balance," "Grown Simba" ever hit the radio ... **** would be crazy.

Code: Select all
URL Removed



Link to The Warm Up

Image

Re: Music Review

Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:04 am
by JREED
I can understand your opinion of Wiz - when I heard "Say Yeah" on the radio I instantly turned it off and wanted to break something. But I enjoy some of his tracks, I think he is different and I like his flow. your right about the warm up - this record has been stuck on my mp3 player for daaays. I have no problem with an artist sounding underground, in fact I'd prefer it over the same styles being beaten to death on tracks that all sound alike.

Re: Music Review

Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:08 am
by PAWNO
I just wanted to check there wasn't a typo here...

But does everyone like STILLMATIC over ILLMATIC?

The reason i ask, is i'm suprised to see it listed in y'all top albums... for me personally, i respect that ILLMATIC is a CLASSIC, But STILLMATIC easily is one of my most bumped albums and i have it held in a higher regard then NAS DEBUT.

The Rewind track... IS BRILLIANT!!!