Your stats

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:51 am
migya wrote:
Chum wrote:
Migya wrote:When I was 16, now I'm 32 and have done pretty little physical activity of that type since then I weighed about 68kgs, so quite light and to be honest, I did workout with weights, though that was not a hinderance, what I mean is that it made me more athletic and so I could jump higher. What me and my mates used to do was try over and over again to touch the ring, when we were 14/15. Then we would try to grab the ring with two hands, then we tried with the ball and so forth. You try over and over again and you achieve what you want really

I could jump my highest when I was 16. That's about the time I started lifting. I went from around 150 lbs. to around 190 lbs. in roughly a year. At that point I could only come within an inch of the rim. I was sad my vertical dropped but by that point I more interested in how much striking force I could produce... which was a whole lot more than when I was 150 lbs :)

190 lbs is pretty big for your height, at least a bit I think. You pretty lean or filled out now

I was lean when I got up to 190. Now not so much :)
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:39 pm
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:obviously the system's are diff here in OZ, but our high school team was the first public school to take out the State champsionships. I averaged around 27 a game that year

loooooonngggggg time ago now lol

27 a game, champion stuff Quazz!

was a good season and for a little while I was playing in the league thats under our NBL here

distant memory now mate:P
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:13 pm
Chum wrote:
Money Morrow wrote:I played PG and SG in middle school. I probably averaged about 16 pts a game. I had a pretty dependable J from about 15-20 ft out, and played good D. I was stronger at Hockey and swimming (just had been doing them competitively for longer) so I played those in high school. I kept playing intramural ball in college and pickup ball for many years after college.. Too many ankle turns and jammed fingers, then age took over.

How old are you Money, if you don't mind saying.

Migya wrote:When I was 16, now I'm 32 and have done pretty little physical activity of that type since then I weighed about 68kgs, so quite light and to be honest, I did workout with weights, though that was not a hinderance, what I mean is that it made me more athletic and so I could jump higher. What me and my mates used to do was try over and over again to touch the ring, when we were 14/15. Then we would try to grab the ring with two hands, then we tried with the ball and so forth. You try over and over again and you achieve what you want really

I could jump my highest when I was 16. That's about the time I started lifting. I went from around 150 lbs. to around 190 lbs. in roughly a year. At that point I could only come within an inch of the rim. I was sad my vertical dropped but by that point I more interested in how much striking force I could produce... which was a whole lot more than when I was 150 lbs :)

I'm the same age as Mahdi Abdul-Rahman's jersey number in 1973....

or John Riggins' # to make it easy on you...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:18 pm
LOL, fun thread.

I played high school ball, backup center at 6-foot-white boy. I could touch the rim and never, ever came close to dunking. Which probably was good for me early on, as I had a good coach my 8th grade year who taught me how to use position and size to carve out space under the rim for rebounds, and I pulled 'em down when I actually saw playing time.

Most of my high school career was spent on the bench, but it made me a solid back top player, which was better than nothing. :)
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum