Your stats

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:17 pm
I was wondering whether any of you guys have played some ball in high school/college years. If you have, talk about your experience, and your stats positions, etc. Ooooh and if you know your vertical jump, then that too. :)
~LilBallerx~

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:22 pm
Does middle school count?I think I got a few points per game in middle school.

I went to a high school which dominates in bball, so i had no shot making any team (though my intramural team was solid).
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:34 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Does middle school count?I think I got a few points per game in middle school.

I went to a high school which dominates in bball, so i had no shot making any team (though my intramural team was solid).

Cool-what position were you?
~LilBallerx~

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:50 pm
LilBallerx8 wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Does middle school count?I think I got a few points per game in middle school.

Cool-what position were you?

point guard. I was/am always the shortest one in all the teams i've played in.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:56 pm
Lol same here, still am
~LilBallerx~

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:24 pm
I played CYO. Dunno what my stats were. I'd say my best year was my 3rd grade year cause that was my breakout year. My first year, I hardly did anything cause I didn't know anything. But I went to camp and came back a better player. I probably averaged like 10 points that season. Played PF, btw.

Over the years in CYO, I probably averaged like 6-8 points. I played PF, and our guards looked for their own shot quite a bit.

In middle school, I'd say I averaged around 8-10 points. Same thing... the swingmen were the focal point of the offense because they were the big time scorers for us. I just rebounded, played post D, and scored if I ever got the chance.

Wish I played in HS, but I couldn't imagine myself playing with all those ballhogs they have on our squad. A lot of talent and potential there... just too many selfish fellas. That's why I run pick up with unselfish players.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:01 am
Hmm my vertical jump... I'm 6'0" and I "used" to be able to grab the rim and hang on. I could never dunk though. It was something I always wanted to be able to do and I could just never get there.

I started playing basketball in middle school, I was a 2 guard. I was never that great but I loved it, so I started devoting myself to basketball in hopes I'd make the team in highschool. I ended up with a decent jump shot and I could drive the lane pretty well for a shorter guy. I went to a basketball summer camp and my game got a whole lot better. I played some "pickup" games with most of the team from my first highschool and found that could I hang with the varsity players.

So I'm thinking I'm going to end up making my highschool team, at least that's what I was hoping. Then my parents decided to ship me out of the public school I was in and off to Catholic school. My first day at my new highschool, Riordan btw, I went out to the courtyard to watch the basketball game the guys were playing on our break period. I was amazed out how good these guys were. I had never seen high school players that good before. I said to the guy I was standing next to "These guys are great, we must have a really good basketball team." The guy replied "Yeah, we have an awesome basketball team, but none of these guys made the team." :shock: <--- that was about what my face looked like. After a few more minutes of watching the game, a guy who was shorter than me dunked the ball with authority.

I played several pick up games, sometimes with the varsity and jv guys. I just wasn't in their class. So I decided to take up Karate.

My senior year our school went to the state championship. We lost but it was great to see the alma mater playing at the Oakland Coliseum. That's my basketball background. Nowdays I just play the occasional game of h.o.r.s.e.... and I still can't dunk :)
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:10 am
I played PG in our high school, team here in Perth, but we don't or didn't have organised bball between high schools. I played PG, I'm 5'9, but only started a few times, I was not that committed really. I could slam it at one point, when I was 16 years old, but I was athletic and rather light, though lean, does make it easier.

Those were the days of bball and high school

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:16 am
migya wrote:I played PG in our high school, team here in Perth, but we don't or didn't have organised bball between high schools. I played PG, I'm 5'9, but only started a few times, I was not that committed really. I could slam it at one point, when I was 16 years old, but I was athletic and rather light, though lean, does make it easier.

5'9 and you could dunk! :D

All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:25 am
obviously the system's are diff here in OZ, but our high school team was the first public school to take out the State champsionships. I averaged around 27 a game that year

loooooonngggggg time ago now lol
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:21 am
Chum wrote:
migya wrote:I played PG in our high school, team here in Perth, but we don't or didn't have organised bball between high schools. I played PG, I'm 5'9, but only started a few times, I was not that committed really. I could slam it at one point, when I was 16 years old, but I was athletic and rather light, though lean, does make it easier.

5'9 and you could dunk! :D

When I was 16, now I'm 32 and have done pretty little physical activity of that type since then :wink: :mrgreen: I weighed about 68kgs, so quite light and to be honest, I did workout with weights, though that was not a hinderance, what I mean is that it made me more athletic and so I could jump higher. What me and my mates used to do was try over and over again to touch the ring, when we were 14/15. Then we would try to grab the ring with two hands, then we tried with the ball and so forth. You try over and over again and you achieve what you want really

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:22 am
Quazza wrote:obviously the system's are diff here in OZ, but our high school team was the first public school to take out the State champsionships. I averaged around 27 a game that year

loooooonngggggg time ago now lol

27 a game, champion stuff Quazz!

All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:11 am
I played PG and SG in middle school. I probably averaged about 16 pts a game. I had a pretty dependable J from about 15-20 ft out, and played good D. I was stronger at Hockey and swimming (just had been doing them competitively for longer) so I played those in high school. I kept playing intramural ball in college and pickup ball for many years after college.. Too many ankle turns and jammed fingers, then age took over.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:56 am
Money Morrow wrote:I played PG and SG in middle school. I probably averaged about 16 pts a game. I had a pretty dependable J from about 15-20 ft out, and played good D. I was stronger at Hockey and swimming (just had been doing them competitively for longer) so I played those in high school. I kept playing intramural ball in college and pickup ball for many years after college.. Too many ankle turns and jammed fingers, then age took over.

How old are you Money, if you don't mind saying.

Migya wrote:When I was 16, now I'm 32 and have done pretty little physical activity of that type since then I weighed about 68kgs, so quite light and to be honest, I did workout with weights, though that was not a hinderance, what I mean is that it made me more athletic and so I could jump higher. What me and my mates used to do was try over and over again to touch the ring, when we were 14/15. Then we would try to grab the ring with two hands, then we tried with the ball and so forth. You try over and over again and you achieve what you want really

I could jump my highest when I was 16. That's about the time I started lifting. I went from around 150 lbs. to around 190 lbs. in roughly a year. At that point I could only come within an inch of the rim. I was sad my vertical dropped but by that point I more interested in how much striking force I could produce... which was a whole lot more than when I was 150 lbs :)

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:38 am
Chum wrote:
Migya wrote:When I was 16, now I'm 32 and have done pretty little physical activity of that type since then I weighed about 68kgs, so quite light and to be honest, I did workout with weights, though that was not a hinderance, what I mean is that it made me more athletic and so I could jump higher. What me and my mates used to do was try over and over again to touch the ring, when we were 14/15. Then we would try to grab the ring with two hands, then we tried with the ball and so forth. You try over and over again and you achieve what you want really

I could jump my highest when I was 16. That's about the time I started lifting. I went from around 150 lbs. to around 190 lbs. in roughly a year. At that point I could only come within an inch of the rim. I was sad my vertical dropped but by that point I more interested in how much striking force I could produce... which was a whole lot more than when I was 150 lbs :)

190 lbs is pretty big for your height, at least a bit I think. You pretty lean or filled out now

Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum