Forum Gender

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:32 pm
Awww thanks guys! I miss posting as well, I just haven't had time recently. I have been sans television and sometimes sans internet quite a bit the last few months....not to mention that the W's have been atrocious. I just haven't had the energy to care =).

Now that I'm finally settled back in the bay I'll try and start posting again!

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:47 pm
D4rk 0ne wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
D4rk 0ne wrote:Sex ≠ gender

great point. One is based on society's label, while the other one is biological.

Though i dunno why you are stating this... a little off topic, no?

Because this topic is about sex, not gender. There are far more males than females on this board, which is the point of the thread. Gender is a societal construct that is irrelevant to the imbalance of males and females on the board, and gender in general is basically a means to stratify differences and boundaries between sexes. Many scholars today reject the idea of gender because it implies a continued inequality between the sexes.

Sorry I don't want to start a big debate or anything, it's just that this is something that I've talked about with friends and in class recently so for some reason I just thought I'd bring it up here. In hindsight that was probably not a good idea, since most people here probably don't care about this kind of stuff.

yeah, im in agreement to all of your comments. I took a couple women's studies classes in college, which BTW i think everyone should take. If fact, many people in this board needs to take classes on general tolerance, because I am in the minority on some of this issues that are deeply offensive to minorities (women, race, religion, or sexual orient.).

But yeah, once again, good point.
think it would open the eyes
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:04 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
D4rk 0ne wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
D4rk 0ne wrote:Sex ≠ gender

great point. One is based on society's label, while the other one is biological.

Though i dunno why you are stating this... a little off topic, no?

Because this topic is about sex, not gender. There are far more males than females on this board, which is the point of the thread. Gender is a societal construct that is irrelevant to the imbalance of males and females on the board, and gender in general is basically a means to stratify differences and boundaries between sexes. Many scholars today reject the idea of gender because it implies a continued inequality between the sexes.

Sorry I don't want to start a big debate or anything, it's just that this is something that I've talked about with friends and in class recently so for some reason I just thought I'd bring it up here. In hindsight that was probably not a good idea, since most people here probably don't care about this kind of stuff.

yeah, im in agreement to all of your comments. I took a couple women's studies classes in college, which BTW i think everyone should take. If fact, many people in this board needs to take classes on general tolerance, because I am in the minority on some of this issues that are deeply offensive to minorities (women, race, religion, or sexual orient.).

But yeah, once again, good point.
think it would open the eyes

Some guys need to step back and look at what women really want :wink: :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:43 am
Captain_Jack wrote:Awww thanks guys! I miss posting as well, I just haven't had time recently. I have been sans television and sometimes sans internet quite a bit the last few months....not to mention that the W's have been atrocious. I just haven't had the energy to care =).

Now that I'm finally settled back in the bay I'll try and start posting again!

While there haven't been a lot of wins, and the injuries have been seriously ugly, watching Steph Curry play this year has been very enjoyable. The kid has basketball fundamentals down, and then some. It kinda helps that his dad is Dell Curry and that he stayed in college. At 22 he's already playing at very high mature level. Nowhere but up for him. Someone should send him a note of offseason advice: don't go anywhere near a moped!! and bulk up some..
get him some help under the net and this team is dangerous again.
watching some D-League guys step up and prove that they can play in the NBA has been fun too.
other than that, I'd like to just forget this season ever happened...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum