how to reduce image size

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:05 am
Hello again guys, I have another little problem that maybe one or more of yous can help me with.

I want to again have an avatar, but it has to be 6kbs or under, as the erroe message on this forum says in my profile.

Here's the thing - I have an image and it is approximately 8.5 kbs. I open it with Photoshop and make it smaller by reducing the dimensions and when I save it, it actually is a bigger size than the original, larger image file. Even if I chose the 1 quality, out of 12, 12 being maximum quality and 1 being the lowest quality.

Anyone know why this is and how I can get this image size to be smaller than original, like it should be when I make the image smaller

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:06 am
I think photobucket allows you to resize pics so they fit as avatars and the like... Try uploading it to an account there and look for that resize utility, buddy.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:33 am
TMC wrote:I think photobucket allows you to resize pics so they fit as avatars and the like... Try uploading it to an account there and look for that resize utility, buddy.

Yea, managed to do something on my photobucket.

Thanks again bro

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:02 pm
Photobucket has evolved so much over time, you can do a lot to a picture. From resizing it to editing it... it's become a mini-photoshop.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Return to Off-Topic Forum