I was banned from Barnes and Noble

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:16 am
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:45 pm
Oh, you read Bash too? :wink:

Starting Lineup
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:03 am
Location: Monterey
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:02 pm
HiddenCounter wrote:For putting all the bibles in the fiction sections.
Wow... you're quite the rebel. What's next? loosen the tops on salt shakers at In N out?

Rookie
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:42 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:34 pm
Rehren why are you being so anal about my deed? I may be playing devil's advocate, but...


Image
Fighting liberals one post at a time.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:03 am
Location: Monterey
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:05 pm
LMAO. You're right, you really showed the church of christ, getting your self banned! I guess that technically that makes you a martyr!!!! . and to hell with the 18year old stoner that has to pick up your mess. Make them earn their $10hr!

Rookie
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:42 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:33 pm
Rehren1296 wrote:LMAO. You're right, you really showed the church of christ, getting your self banned! I guess that technically that makes you a martyr!!!! . and to hell with the 18year old stoner that has to pick up your mess. Make them earn their $10hr!
Well that isn't why it is humorous.


See it funny because of the debate going on about religion and whether or not god is real. So when some one put the bibles in the fiction section the humor was in the long-going debate coupled with library humor.
Fighting liberals one post at a time.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:54 pm
I can understand why he doesn't find it funny. There are so many different ways to look at it. I mean c'mon, you don't post those type of things and expect everyone to applaud you or laugh with you.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:42 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:45 am
xbay wrote:I can understand why he doesn't find it funny. There are so many different ways to look at it. I mean c'mon, you don't post those type of things and expect everyone to applaud you or laugh with you.
I know, and I understand completely. I just want to put on the record I do not think religion or Christianity is wrong, terrible, or naive. I was just ruffling feathers.
Fighting liberals one post at a time.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:35 am
Oh, I know, that's why I laughed along with you. It's just there are people that will view it different than you think it sounds like it's implied.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Posts: 1910
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:43 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:23 am
HiddenCounter is the definition of internet troll. A guy who comes to a board and posts just to get a response and then counters his critics with images mocking the posters. I've seen different versions of HiddenCounter on many, many internet boards.

I think there's a troll starter kit somewhere that comes with all the graphics so said troll won't need to actually argue any points, just taunt other posters.

And yeah, putting the bible in the fiction section is going to amuse some, offend others and be totally irrelevant to the rest of us. But hey, he's getting a response and isn't getting banned, so I guess it works.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)

Rookie
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:42 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:21 pm
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:HiddenCounter is the definition of internet troll. A guy who comes to a board and posts just to get a response and then counters his critics with images mocking the posters. I've seen different versions of HiddenCounter on many, many internet boards.

I think there's a troll starter kit somewhere that comes with all the graphics so said troll won't need to actually argue any points, just taunt other posters.

And yeah, putting the bible in the fiction section is going to amuse some, offend others and be totally irrelevant to the rest of us. But hey, he's getting a response and isn't getting banned, so I guess it works.
I actually post; I have done this twice. The internet is not serious business. I make arguments and afterward I use picture just for funsies.
Fighting liberals one post at a time.

All Star
Posts: 1910
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:43 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:39 pm
HiddenCounter wrote:
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:HiddenCounter is the definition of internet troll. A guy who comes to a board and posts just to get a response and then counters his critics with images mocking the posters. I've seen different versions of HiddenCounter on many, many internet boards.

I think there's a troll starter kit somewhere that comes with all the graphics so said troll won't need to actually argue any points, just taunt other posters.

And yeah, putting the bible in the fiction section is going to amuse some, offend others and be totally irrelevant to the rest of us. But hey, he's getting a response and isn't getting banned, so I guess it works.
I actually post; I have done this twice. The internet is not serious business. I make arguments and afterward I use picture just for funsies.


I think the reason you find a board like this is just for funsies in general. I mean, you're not a GSW fan. You're here because there's a community of posters and an off-topic forum you can mess around with and post cute photos when a poster has the gall to disagree with you.

And I don't really care. Feel free to continue. If you actually ventured into the areas on this board that folks cared about you probably wouldn't last long.

The whole reason you're here is what's curious to me. I mean, would you walk up to a group of strangers and say "I got banned from Barnes and Noble"? I don't know you at all, but my guess is you come here to get your rocks off anonymously because you find it entertaining. You know, funsies!
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)

Rookie
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:42 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:38 pm
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:
HiddenCounter wrote:
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:HiddenCounter is the definition of internet troll. A guy who comes to a board and posts just to get a response and then counters his critics with images mocking the posters. I've seen different versions of HiddenCounter on many, many internet boards.

I think there's a troll starter kit somewhere that comes with all the graphics so said troll won't need to actually argue any points, just taunt other posters.

And yeah, putting the bible in the fiction section is going to amuse some, offend others and be totally irrelevant to the rest of us. But hey, he's getting a response and isn't getting banned, so I guess it works.
I actually post; I have done this twice. The internet is not serious business. I make arguments and afterward I use picture just for funsies.


I think the reason you find a board like this is just for funsies in general. I mean, you're not a GSW fan. You're here because there's a community of posters and an off-topic forum you can mess around with and post cute photos when a poster has the gall to disagree with you.

And I don't really care. Feel free to continue. If you actually ventured into the areas on this board that folks cared about you probably wouldn't last long.

The whole reason you're here is what's curious to me. I mean, would you walk up to a group of strangers and say "I got banned from Barnes and Noble"? I don't know you at all, but my guess is you come here to get your rocks off anonymously because you find it entertaining. You know, funsies!


I am a fan of the goldenstwarriors fan. I love the Raiders, A's, Sharks, and the Warriors. You can question me being here, but I love my teams.
Fighting liberals one post at a time.

All Star
Posts: 1910
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:43 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:26 pm
You're a fan of goldenstwarriors fans? Sweet. Does that mean I've got a fan? :wink:
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)

Rookie
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:42 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:52 pm
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:You're a fan of goldenstwarriors fans? Sweet. Does that mean I've got a fan? :wink:
When I have to defend my humor; that is how I know I have found the right board.
Fighting liberals one post at a time.
Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 2 guests