First Speeding ticket... advice?

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:38 pm
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

So i got my first speeding ticket... for going 45 in a 35 zone... with light to moderate traffic and with me being .2 miles away from entering a 40 zone.

WTF?! I drive fast all the time and the one time I am driving at what I thought was a reasonable rate I get pulled over?

Anyone have idea if I should contest? I am thinking about doing it by mail? Anyone have any experience with that? or if its even worth doing?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:57 am
saintdee wrote::banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

So i got my first speeding ticket... for going 45 in a 35 zone... with light to moderate traffic and with me being .2 miles away from entering a 40 zone.

WTF?! I drive fast all the time and the one time I am driving at what I thought was a reasonable rate I get pulled over?

Anyone have idea if I should contest? I am thinking about doing it by mail? Anyone have any experience with that? or if its even worth doing?

Probably better to let it go than make yourself known to the cops in the wrong way

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:20 am
migya wrote:
saintdee wrote::banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Probably better to let it go than make yourself known to the cops in the wrong way

Just suck it up and take this one....if you beat this one, you might get caught one of those times that you would get a large ticket.

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:20 am
I suggest you do one of those driver school sessions. It is a waste of time, kind of like a kindly jail, with lectures and entertainment for a day or so. You still have to pay the fine, too, but the record is erased and so it keeps you out of the hands of insurance increases. It pays off in most situations.

With governments needing money, be situationally aware. Lots more police action now. Even the California Highway patrol, historically a very fair outfit, is now hiding around corners on the highways.

Ok, a story: I was test-driving, as part of my job, a scary-fast 12 cylinder BMW. I was about to get on it in a safe section of road, but that little voice said "something is wrong, be careful". I backed off and sure enough, hidden behind an obstacle there was a motorcycle cop complete with radar gun. He smiled at me as I went slowly by. He knew I was lucky that day.

Return to Off-Topic Forum