Big's (By Himself) and Jenny's (With TMC) Tour Of Las Palmas

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:45 am
TMC wrote:
Jackattack wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Holy f*ck..............what a long day.

Went up to the US Embassy for our VISA interview today.............went through countless checks and re-checks, presented all out documents and filled out forms, waited 3 hours for our interview to come................went to a booth when our number was called, stood there for 3 minutes and said we have no intention of working in the US.

And then it was granted!!!

So yeah, thats it...........everything done, everything we needed to get has been got.

Now, we will start booking some stuff! and VERY soon..............we will be over there.

Man, Im beat. :wink:

Good News!

Bigs does the world!!!

Wait.... :mrgreen:

And that includes you my little novio. :wink:
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:08 am
you guys are so....... ghey... :roll: :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:13 am
Jackattack wrote:you guys are so....... ghey... :roll: :)

Pat................The Bigs shall set you free! :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:17 am
bigstrads wrote:
Jackattack wrote:you guys are so....... ghey... :roll: :)

Pat................The Bigs shall set you free! :mrgreen:

I can't imagine being more free, but if you say so. :wink:

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:00 am
Visa's arrived by courier today!

They are valied from 26th October 2009 until 26th October 2019...........Im confused. :shock:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:23 am
bigstrads wrote:Visa's arrived by courier today!

They are valied from 26th October 2009 until 26th October 2019...........Im confused. :shock:

Ten years? Im pretty sure thats normal for US visas.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:31 am
metalface wrote:

Maybe.........but what does that actually mean? that its valid for 10 years?

The point of our interview was to ascertain how long we are going for and the purpose of our trip.

We said about 6 months, so I assumed we would get a 6 month visa, with an expiry date.

Maybe it means we can do our travelling at any time in the next 10 years........but could it also mean that we could stay in the US for 10 years on this visa?

I need to make some calls. :?
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:51 am
6 months at a time... for the next 10 years? :dontknow:

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:41 am
bigstrads wrote:
metalface wrote:

The point of our interview was to ascertain how long we are going for and the purpose of our trip.

We said about 6 months, so I assumed we would get a 6 month visa, with an expiry date.

Maybe it means we can do our travelling at any time in the next 10 years........but could it also mean that we could stay in the US for 10 years on this visa?

If you want my advice, don't ask. Just enjoy them. If it's a mistake, you're covered because you supposed it was valid for 10 years. If it's not a mistake, you'll use them anyway. Just enjoy your luck, Bigs. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:42 pm
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
metalface wrote:

If you want my advice, don't ask. Just enjoy them. If it's a mistake, you're covered because you supposed it was valid for 10 years. If it's not a mistake, you'll use them anyway. Just enjoy your luck, Bigs. :wink:

Ahh hah...........ok, now Ive managed to relax for a damned second and look into this, I found why.

Its valid for 10 years (so we can go to the US for travel purposes, more than the normally allowed max of 3 months, as many times as we want in that period) but the length of time we will be allowed to stay in the US is determined by the Immigration Authority when we get there.

Fantastic..........not just ANOTHER interview and proverbial finger up the ass.

But an interview where we will be pre-judged to be coming to the US to work and stay illegally..............AFTER an 11 hour flight. :roll: :cry:

Ohh well, as long as I do all the talking we will be fine (dont tell the misses I said that. :wink:)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:24 pm
bigstrads wrote:Ohh well, as long as I do all the talking we will be fine

Are you sure of that?

.- What are your plans for your stay in the US?

.- Kill Nell... er, tourism and sh*t.

Come on, bro, you know you won't be able to avoid telling the truth. That hate runs deep...

:mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:35 pm
TMC wrote:

Are you sure of that?

Come on, bro, you know you won't be able to avoid telling the truth. That hate runs deep...

If bigs is coming in from New York maybe the agent asking the questions will be an old Knicks fan and he will understand his hatred for Nellie. Maybe... Just maybe.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:39 pm
Haven't you heard Bigs? We live in a police state. Don't bother coming, it'll be directly to the work camp for the likes of you. :shock: :mrgreen:

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:51 pm
TMC wrote:

Are you sure of that?

Hmmmm..............it will be tough...............but obviously, part of the master plan is to evade the authorities until after Ive stuck Nelson like the usless piggy swine he is.

Ill happily hand myself into the police after that..............I dont mind being a martyr for this most noble and neccesary cause. :evil:

metalface wrote:
TMC wrote:

Are you sure of that?

If bigs is coming in from New York maybe the agent asking the questions will be an old Knicks fan and he will understand his hatred for Nellie. Maybe... Just maybe.

Thats true! Dallas would be a good port to start with aswell. :wink:

Although now, I think Im safe to fly straight into SF International............Im sure they will be just as open to my plan now that Nelson has worked his magic again.

Jackattack wrote:Haven't you heard Bigs? We live in a police state. Don't bother coming, it'll be directly to the work camp for the likes of you. :shock: :mrgreen:

Same old America then............import, exploit and enslave the foreigners to build/re-build their economy. :roll: :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:32 pm
My friends..............I need your help.

Because its us and with us, nothing is ever simple or easy and everything always causes the maximum possible annoyance and stress..........we have an issue with our accomaation.

The hostel Ive stayed at twice before (Fort Mason) has now decided to employ a 2 week maximum stay policy..............great, Ive stayed there for a 6 weeks before but now theyve changed things.

So, we are faced with having to do this =

1 - Weve booked 1 week initially from the 18th November to 24th November, so we know we have somewhere to stay for a week when we arrive, whilst we try and find somewhere else to go after that week ends.

2 - Weve also booked the other week from 24th December to 1st January...........so we know we will have somewhere nice to stay over Christmas and New Year time.

So of course, we have to fill that month long gap in between with somewhere nice and affordable to stay.

Now, depending on what happens when we get there, we will probably head up to Seattle and come back in this time............but my question and favour to ask of you all is =

Do you guys know of/can you recommend anywhere that would be good for us to stay?

Im assuming motels and cheapish places like that will all be quite out of town...........hence whey I need you guys help for places that are in-town that would be cool and affordable.

Thanks in advance............"Bigs Boy" points are on offer for the best replies, and these can be exchanged for all manner of goodies upon my arrival. :wink:
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum