Big's (By Himself) and Jenny's (With TMC) Tour Of Las Palmas

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:56 pm
Hotel Metro on Divisadero Street is a small no frills inn with a great restaurant downstairs. I hear it's very affordable.

our musty basement has a futon that you are welcome to pass out on, but I wouldn't recommend it more than a night or two. if you want my wife to like you.... :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:34 pm
wow, i didn't kno u were staying for that long... 6 weeks or more. You Europeans are lucky with all that vacation time.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:37 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:wow, i didn't kno u were staying for that long... 6 weeks or more. You Europeans are lucky with all that vacation time.

Well, actually its going to be 6 months in total............and its not vacation time, we have the time available because we left our jobs. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Right...............FINALLY!!! our flights are booked.

We shall be arriving on 18th November............not long now! :wink:

Anyone else got any ideas on the accommodation front? (If you missed my post about it, its on the previous page)

Pat, had a look at that place you said about and it looks really cool..............gonna ring them in a mo to see if we can get booked in. :wink:

Also, we need to sort out which Warrior game we are gonna go and see..............Xbay, Pat, Bada and others, you still up for it?

Maybe Portland on the 20th or..............Fakers on 28th!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:46 pm
Bigs, we got a BIG show on Nov 19 at the Blue Macaw in SF. Four bands, models...etc.. Hope you can make it...
20th or 28th look good right now for a game.

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:50 pm
Jackattack wrote:Bigs, we got a BIG show on Nov 19 at the Blue Macaw in SF. Four bands, models...etc.. Hope you can make it...
20th or 28th look good right now for a game.

Man.............a jet lagged Bigs is not a good Bigs.

And trust me, a jet lagged grumpy Bigs's lady is not a good Bigs's lady either! :wink:

But bro, we got to come see you so Im sure it will be fine.

Also, just booked a weeks stay over thanks giving in the place you recommended!!! spoke to an absolutely hillarious guy............he was slating the government and we were having a right laugh!

Ahh Pat, great recommendation.............you know me so well. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:17 pm
Start taking melatonin for a few days at sunset Pacific Coast time right before you come over. You'll be right on our schedule with little effects from jet lag. Seriously, good to go... definitely a show not to miss...

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:40 pm
biggie, biggie, biggie... cantchu see? sometimes ya word just hypnotize me...

yo bigs... i was wondering if you would mind telling me how old you are.. not that i care or if it even matters, i'm just curious...

i'm turning 21 this december 5th, and since ur staying for 6 months (i think?), i surely wouldn't mind taking you out one of those days... say... a bar?? sports bar??? me and my girl will be trying to catch some musicals (spring awakening, the nut cracker, and wicked) between my birthday and the end of january... maybe something for ur girl to do also assuming that this trip isn't only about the warriors... unless she's a super crazy dubs fan than disregard the last statement...

but yeah... if you're interested just send me a pm if you need anymore info...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:57 am
20th or 28th would be fine. If it's the 20th, we better organize it NOW.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:40 am
8th ave wrote:biggie, biggie, biggie... cantchu see? sometimes ya word just hypnotize me...

yo bigs... i was wondering if you would mind telling me how old you are.. not that i care or if it even matters, i'm just curious...

i'm turning 21 this december 5th, and since ur staying for 6 months (i think?), i surely wouldn't mind taking you out one of those days... say... a bar?? sports bar??? me and my girl will be trying to catch some musicals (spring awakening, the nut cracker, and wicked) between my birthday and the end of january... maybe something for ur girl to do also assuming that this trip isn't only about the warriors... unless she's a super crazy dubs fan than disregard the last statement...

but yeah... if you're interested just send me a pm if you need anymore info...

Hmmmm, "so what age do I have to say to be accepted with the cool kids................" :mrgreen:

Im 29 bud and my lady is 25.

Sounds cool man, hey, we arent planning much to do so your offer sounds cool............apart from me not liking musicals very much at all but hey, the lady loves them (I just told her what you said and she let out a squeal, not to dissimilar to the ones I force out of her :wink:) so Im sure I can manage it.

Also, I reckon we will be i the states for about 4 months in total (about a month in Frisco) and this trip isnt going to be about our boys at all really.............we are going to catch some games whilst in the Bay but only see more in the other places we are going if its a coincidence.

So yeah, Ill PM you with our dates and and initial plans and see what comes out, cheers man. :wink:

xbay wrote:20th or 28th would be fine. If it's the 20th, we better organize it NOW.

Yeah, I was thinking the 20th ahead of the 28th initially as, we might have a slightly better chance of winning against Portland and also the Fakers tickets will be more expensive.

However, I wouldnt mind settling in abit first (the lady mostly) before I cart her off to Oakland. :wink:

I dont know, Ill have a chat with me misses today and Ill come back later.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:07 pm
Well, to be honest, I doubt we win either game. :mrgreen: But I'd love to be around you and the other guys when we're playing the Fakers while getting into arguments with the Faker fans in attendance. That would be awesome.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:07 pm
xbay wrote:Well, to be honest, I doubt we win either game. :mrgreen: But I'd love to be around you and the other guys when we're playing the Fakers while getting into arguments with the Faker fans in attendance. That would be awesome.

Hmmm...............ok, heres my thinking.

We arrive on the 18th, we get half that day and the whole of the 19t to settle in and get our feet.

Those who want to, we go to the Portland game on 20th.

We then arrange the same or more people to meet up and watch the Fakers game on 28th.

I just dont think I can swing the DOUBLE prices tickets for the Fakers game............for a few reasons:

1 - Why would I pay double to see a game we are going to get trashed and humiliated in..............having all those disgusting Faker fans laughing and sh*t (Ive been to a Faker game at home before, so I know how f*cking many of them there are :evil:)

2 - I dont fancy going all "Big's Avatar" on some LA piece of sh*t and getting shot within the first 10 days of my trip. :wink:

3 - Im already in quite a quandry about giving money to Cohan............so why would I double it?

So yeah, thats my thinking..............we can arrange for other games too after these as we are going to definately be in the Bay area from 11/18 to atleast 12/05 and then back again from 12/24 to atleast 01/10 (Urrgghh, man thats tough, writing dates in y'all backwards ass way! :wink:)

So plenty of time my friends. :wink:
So the Portland game yeah? how do we want to do this? how do we get seats together?

Obviously, the best way is for one of us to book all the tickets we need and then we all pay that person back.............any better ideas?

Ps: Where the F is everyone else who wanted to come? who was it? I know Pat is up for it (well, hes a little hesitant about giving money to Cohan aswell but Ill convince him! :wink:) Cap, maybe Joel? hopefully Bada and Rob too?

COME ON PEOPLE!!!! LOOK AT THE NEW TITLE OF THE THREAD!!!!

Pps: Also, I dont know who is orgainising the welcome ticker tape parade for my arrival...............but whoever it is, just to let you know.............I dont expect the world, just a limo, some floats, some kind of serious animals, some lady lumps, some banners, music (Pat can take care of that though) and............you know the drill............after all, I am the reigning board MVP! :wink:
Last edited by bigstrads on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:08 pm
James check your pm's

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:31 pm
Dude, bigs. No one who is from or lives in San Francisco calls it Frisco. You can (and should) refer to it as the city when in the greater bay area. Oakland is just Oakland.

Second, most guys who go to musicals do so to get laid more often. It works. Unless she doesn't like musicals. Then abort!
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:53 pm
portland game ....yes
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum